daysailor4

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 01:09 pm
@pbccup,
Hi, I was at PB@from 67 to 69 and 72 to 75 and my entire family also when there. I think Chuck now lives in New Hampshire but i ahvent spoekn with him in years. I did connect with Steve Huntoon awhile back and Capt Jim as well. I would love to see pictures as well. Which cabins were you in?
0 Replies

issaacrumel01

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:36 pm
@dsladepi,
Slader!!!! It's Mike Cohen. I saw this post. How the heck are you!!? Man, I too miss those days and would love to catch up. Where are you these days? Drop me an email and let me know how you are.
0 Replies

issaacrumel01

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:40 pm
@WillMinton,
Will, it's Mike Cohen. I posted on these site 3 years ago and just came back and was amazed to see everyone's posts. Drop me an email if you get this. I would love to hear how you are doing.
0 Replies

issaacrumel01

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:42 pm
@Field,
Field, Mike Cohen here. I came back to this site after a few years and saw your and other's posts. Drop me an email if you get this. I would love to hear from you.
0 Replies

Ann Kaplan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 12:21 pm
OMG....my step sister Liz Kilgour Lalor found this site...Holy cow. How much fun is this? I was sort of wondering if there was a Camp Avalon Facebook page and this is even better 'cause we can talk to the BOYS... We have still sort of hung tight and I know that Bly Beach Hartley has everyone's info so I am putting her in charge of getting this out to people. Yes, this is Ann Cluett.....still Kaplan....of the Doug Kaplan of Camp Namequoit still married after 25 blissful years and living in Maine. Maybe I can get Bly to start a Facebook page for the camps but I don't know if I can talk her into it.
Doug Kaplan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:30 am
I can't believe what a find this is -- Charlie Herman, Peter Paul, Craig Fenno, Dave Nobil, Frank DeSimone -- all chiming in. Have just forwarded the link to this site to Kirk Bishop. Ann and I would love to hear from anyone who still checks in on this site. E-mail is [email protected].
Kirk Bishop

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:29 pm
What a great link. Doug and Ann Kaplan, Dave Nobil, Frank D (would love to initiate you again Frank) et al. We weren't very mature, but we did care deeply about the kids and their experiences. I do remember having the circumspection to discuss with Doug, Jack Linetty, Rick Karb, Jon Budish, Alan Bankhart, and others that the summers we were living were going to be the most carefree wonderful memory making times we would ever have. Life has brought many other pleasures, but none quite so innocent, stress free, and purely fun as those times. Thanks to Brooks, Art, Alan H, Tom Heron and others for making it all possible. And Joe Cinelli, if you are out there, my apologies. If you ever come to Boston, I will buy you a chicken dinner.
0 Replies

Kirk Bishop

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:44 am
@SealPoet,
Clearly we must know each other. Who are you?

Kirk Bishop aka "The Commodore"

[email protected]
0 Replies

Kirk Bishop

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:52 am
@TimJ,
Small world, Tim!!! My daughter is a freshman at Bucknell now also; Dale Bishop. Living in Swartz Hall. Sadly, Jack Linetty dropped dead of a heart attach last June. His son Adam and I will spread his ashes in Pleasant Bay this summer.

Kirk Bishop [email protected]
0 Replies

Kirk Bishop

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:55 am
@mongkut4,
The marine in question was Doug Dorain, last know retired from 20 years in the marines and living a happy family life in Vermont. Haven't been in touch now though for over 5 years.
0 Replies

Kirk Bishop

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:10 am
@craig fenno,
Yo Froggy!!! Email me at [email protected] That is an order!

Commodore Bishop
0 Replies

imastud2

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 08:44 pm
@Doug Kaplan,
I was cking a facebook contact from avalon (elizabeth young muff) and was shown this awesome sit. This is Jeff Studley giving a shout out from Sunny Fl to all my camp colleagues
0 Replies

imastud2

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:59 pm
@jbkinca,
what a great site
0 Replies

linnell

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 01:14 pm
Is there anybody out there who was at PBC during the summer of '79?
0 Replies

slidetax

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:42 pm
@CapeFanatic,
Sorry I missed this post

My brothers and sister were at PBC during some the the years before I was there. I'm sure they were just as troublesome as you.

Where do you live now?
daysailor4

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 01:41 pm
@slidetax,
Slidetax
I live in Pannsylvania. What cabins were you in at PBC? My last year there was 1975, but my brother went there another year. What years were your brothers and sister there? I am sure we overlap at least to some degree.
slidetax

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 05:14 pm
@daysailor4,
I was in Comet in 1972, Whistler in 1973 and in Dutchmen in 1975.

My brothers and sisters were there in various years from 62 through 70 -- not sure which (i was pretty young then).

daysailor4

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:48 am
@slidetax,
I believe that i was your counselor in 1975 in Dutchmen...I think my brother was in Comet and Whistler in 72 and 73...We used to have a o'day daysailor which we would use for spiniker work and for Races in August. I used to hang around with Judy Monoson alot as well...who are you?
slidetax

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:51 pm
@daysailor4,
ping me at [email protected]

Yes, I remember you and your brother. Many good memories.
0 Replies

CapeFanatic

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 09:04 pm
@slidetax,
Hi. I live in Maryland now, have been down here since 1997, working in DC. I frequently think of PBC, particularly the beautiful bay and the islands (e.g. Hog Island) where we used to go on day trips. Also the OSB. Hard to believe this was some 40 years ago; I can remember it like it was yesterday. I imagine Cap'n Jim thought I was a real pain in the ass my last year at PBC---which I was. Still, my memories of the place are very happy ones.
0 Replies