Saddam is captured.

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:48 pm
Is it impossible?
Are there no solutions to the counter of terrorism coming from various groups that have strong disagreements with the USA, aside from violent ones?

Yes. This is an actual serious question.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:51 pm
Efforts that might help, like activities to increase the availablity of safe, potable water, have long been the province of the UN. Unfortunately, privatization of water supplies has become a big moneymajer for corporations like Haliiburton, and the increased diseas leads to increased political strife. In some ways I see the growth of large corporations as responsible for the growth in international terrorism.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:59 pm
Pistoff

The ONLY solutions to terrorism are non violent ones.

Truism - Violence begets only violence.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:59 pm
Water
My post "Water" got zero response. Amazing to me because without water, all life ceases to exist. I watched a PBS series on this topic. It seems to me that water is more important than oil.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15984
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 07:29 pm
pistoff, Ofcoarse water is much more important than oil, but fortunately it will not be my worry, because I'll be long gone before the water shortage hits our pocketbook. For anyone interested in insuring water resource for your future generation, move to Canada. They have over 80 (probably over 90 percent) percent of the fresh water supply in the world.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:22 pm
Adrian wrote:
Pistoff

HUH?!

Damn I wish we could all live in your world...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Pistoff

HUH?!

Damn I wish we could all live in your world...

We do!
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:39 pm
McG

I could go off on a tangent here but it would be too far off topic for this thread. I'll go start a new one and I invite you to add your two cents.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 02:13 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
pistoff, Ofcoarse water is much more important than oil, but fortunately it will not be my worry, because I'll be long gone before the water shortage hits our pocketbook. For anyone interested in insuring water resource for your future generation, move to Canada. They have over 80 (probably over 90 percent) percent of the fresh water supply in the world.

Shhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone ;-)
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 07:09 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

......and when will this "water shortage" be happening?
0 Replies