Victim of Child Abuse Beats Priest Who Abused Him

Pemerson

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
I can't seem to wrap my mind around the idea of a man who would rape a child.

Or beat up a defenseless old man.

He doesn't seem to be real defenseless around children.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:55 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Is there anyone here who genuinely believes the sexual assault did not happen ?
Ionus, if U get accused of being the ACTUALLY guilty perpetrator,
does that make u guilty, because of the accusation ??

David
Ionus

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:59 pm
@dyslexia,
Did you find an error in my post ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The only ones who can make such an accusation with impunity are the prosecution. Nevertheless, I ask again...is there any one here who genuinely believes he didnt do it ?
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:02 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Or beat up a defenseless old man.
How old are YOU ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:06 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
The only ones who can make such an accusation with impunity are the prosecution.
NONSENSE!!!!
People can say all kind of things about u,
behind your back, in front of your front, etc.

Ionus wrote:
Nevertheless, I ask again...is there any one here who genuinely believes he didnt do it ?
Maybe u were there looking; I was not.
I am aware that I have no information on this subject.
I only know about a beating.

David
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I said such an accusation with impunity...everyone esle could be liable for restitution of damages.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
but I've been wronged in other ways over my life and I know the desire for revenge.

I find it positively perplexing that you can say this but you pretend that you can't understand people actually retaliating against the USA or wishing to retaliate for the enormous crimes perpetrated by the US against them, their countrymen or their loved ones.

Even the Taliban, supposedly really bad guys are only fighting to evict the invading hordes. Have you heard of any Taliban sneaking into the USA to do harm?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:12 am
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:
He doesn't seem to be real defenseless around children.

You don't know that. Your only evidence is the word of an assaulter without any incentive to tell the truth, and a strong incentive to tell a horror story influencing a jury in his favor. Beyond that, you have no evidence against Lindner.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:23 am
@Thomas,
I see that the court of public opinion is in action and the priest is having his record expunged by ignoring the fact that a huge cash settlement was made in the case . That fact , coupled with the information that this was not the only charge against Lindner, he had been accused before . Did the Diocese just try to cut its losses and settle or was there thruth in the matter.

I think Lynch is the one whose been living the nightmare for these years and he just cracked and went on a spree of revenge.

He will no doubt be convicted ,but I dont think that will matter much to Lynch. HE will have had his day in court.
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:27 am
@Thomas,
So he made the story up, got them to settle out of court, waited 10 yrs, then bashed him up for......this is where I lose you logic .....why exactly did he beat him up ?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I see that the court of public opinion is in action and the priest is having his record expunged by ignoring the fact that a huge cash settlement was made in the case .

No, Lindner isn't having his record expunged; he never had any record to expunge. Maybe it was the settlements that prevented him from having a record, maybe it was actual innocence. Either way, he has no record.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Ionus wrote:
Nevertheless, I ask again...is there any one here who genuinely believes he didnt do it ?
Maybe u were there looking; I was not.
I am aware that I have no information on this subject.
I only know about a beating.

Well put, David. I would substitute "insufficient information" for "no information", but your comment is spot-on.
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:59 am
@Thomas,
So Thomas and Dave believe he was not molested by the priest......OK.....why ?
Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:02 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
So Thomas and Dave believe he was not molested by the priest......OK.....why ?

You are misrepresenting what we said. We don't believe Lindner molested Lynch. We don't believe that he didn't. We believe we have insufficient evidence to draw conclusions either way. And so do you.
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:15 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
We believe we have insufficient evidence to draw conclusions either way.
What would be sufficient evidence for you ?
Quote:
And so do you.
Oh... thanks for telling me.
We are not talking about a criminal conviction for child molestation. We are talking about the balance of probability. Dont hide behind generalities.....why did he beat up the priest ?

Why would a person 10 years after getting an out of court settlement for a claim of a priest molesting him bash up that priest ? Apart from the CIA controlling him with satellites, tooth fillings and flouride to kill the Pope but missed, why did he do it ? What is the most reasonable explanation ? Perhaps it is the one staring you in the face.....
Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:28 am
Here's something about the case that I don't understand:

In the article Phoenix quoted in her initial post, AP wrote:
Lynch, 43, plans to plead not guilty at his arraignment on an assault charge Friday.

Source

Lynch's allegation of Lindner abusing him is relevant to this case for one reason only: It illuminates Lynch's motivation for assaulting Lindner, possibly persuading the jury to punish Lynch mildly. But if Lynch pleads "not guilty", he's saying he didn't commit the assault at all. Why would the court care about the background story to an assault Lynch didn't commit?

Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:33 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
We believe we have insufficient evidence to draw conclusions either way.
What would be sufficient evidence for you ?

Lindner's conviction for child molestation in the 1990s court case---which Lynch had a chance to get by rejecting the settlement and continuing to pursue his case against Lindner.

Ionus wrote:
We are not talking about a criminal conviction for child molestation. We are talking about the balance of probability. Dont hide behind generalities.....why did he beat up the priest ?

I don't know.

Ionus wrote:
Why would a person 10 years after getting an out of court settlement for a claim of a priest molesting him bash up that priest ?

I don't know, and I have insufficient evidence to speculate. Maybe we'll find out at the trial.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:38 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Lindner wanted the lawsuit to go away fast, and was willing to pay for a quick settlement.

I'd be surprised if Linder paid for anything. Doesn't the church settle these cases on behalf of the priest?
Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 07:39 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
Lynch's allegation of Lindner abusing him is relevant to this case for one reason only: It illuminates Lynch's motivation for assaulting Lindner, possibly persuading the jury to punish Lynch mildly. But if Lynch pleads "not guilty", he's saying he didn't commit the assault at all. Why would the court care about the background story to an assault Lynch didn't commit?
Diminished mental capacity ??