Victim of Child Abuse Beats Priest Who Abused Him

BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 03:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
If the priest would care to file a civil suit for the beating for 600,000 dollars and I was on the jury I would vote to cheerfully award him that amount and more.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 03:37 am
@BillRM,
Will you be awarding that for all assault cases or only child molesters ?
BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 03:54 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Will you be awarding that for all assault cases or only child molesters ?

Any beating of a old person not able to defend him or her self for any reason.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:04 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
If they put Lynch in prison, how would that be worse than the prison he's been in since he was as lad?
Ionus wrote:
It will definitely be different, but it many ways it may be better and worse.
I think Lynch deserves a hearty handshake and a pat on the back.
What if he acted from Schizophrenia?
Remember the attacks upon actress Rebecca Schaeffer and on John Lennon ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:11 am
@Ionus,
Imagine, for the sake of argument,
that some deranged, homicidal maniac beat u to death, and then he accused U of child molestation.

Shoud it be the law, Ionus,
that its OK to beat people to death, on condition
that after the homicide thay accuse the decedent of child molestation ??
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:46 am
Youll have to place my vote along with Ionus on this. Two kids who were 4 and 7 were in no position to render a decision for the "ndiclosed settlement". That was a convenience when the xchurch threw money at the attorney of the parents or guardians of the little kids. It may as well have been 600k worth of bubble gum. 'For some reason we can understand justice meted out by vigilantes committees when we atlk about the holocauast or racial crimes. Yet here is a kid, marked for life by the deeds perped on him by a symbol of trust and security.

I feel sorry for Lynch that the priest didnt break down and repent after the beating. The priest ois counting on the silence of the system to protect him. The money means nothing to the kid. Hes been living a nightmare for 40 years.

Im a believer in "if you want it done right you do it yourself"
BillRM

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Shoud it be the law, Ionus,

That is becoming the state of the law when it come to women in that claiming domestic violence somehow grant them the right to kill a man in his sleep.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:08 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

So...they should have beaten them up, perhaps?

phoenix did not say that.

when she said....

Actually, I think that the victim should have rounded up all the other kids that he knew were victimized, called the media, and confronted the pedophile priest. In that way, he would have accomplished the same goal, and did not put himself in a position where he might be treated as a criminal.

That does make more sense than beating him alone (but who knows is lynch was looking ahead to form a legion of fellow victims)

If Lynch alone tried to get the media together, to watch him alone confront the priest, he may have been look at as a lone nut case.

If he had a dozen or more people who were saying the same thing happened to them, at the hands of this priest....well, strength in numbers.

Was Lynch capable of reaching out and finding other victims, forming a group to approach the priest together? I don't know.

He obviously was able to take matters into his own hands (literally) and do something.

Phoenix, I too cheered when I read your account, and it's unfortunate lynch didn't think of a perhaps better plan, like yours.

I suppose it's easier to be an armchair victim and talk about letting the legal system to do it's work, than to be in the body of a former 7 year old who was forced to suck his 5 year old brothers dick, while a priest jerks off over it.

I have a younger sister, and sitting here imagining having to be forced to go down on her when I was 7 and she was 3 does not make me want to let the courts decide that I can't beat the **** out of him, as an adult.

I appreciate the professional positions dlowan and dys and/were in, but I can't disagree with what Lynch did, even if there might have been a better way.

dadpad

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:21 am
To my mind this puts Lynch in the very same basket as the perpertrator of the crimes. that is by using his pysical power for gratification of personal needs against the will of someone less able to defend themselves.

Right is might not might is right

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:27 am
@farmerman,
I am conflicted here. On the one hand, the priest was skipping through without punishment or epiphany. On the other, a person took the law into his own hands. Forty years seems more than enough time to give the system to work, however. I have to come down with you, on this one, fm.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:35 am
@chai2,
dlowan wrote:
So...they should have beaten them up, perhaps?
chai2 wrote:
phoenix did not say that.

when she said....

Actually, I think that the victim should have rounded up all the
other kids that he knew were victimized,
called the media, and confronted the pedophile priest. In that way,
he would have accomplished the same goal, and did not put himself
in a position where he might be treated as a criminal.

That does make more sense than beating him alone (but who knows is lynch
was looking ahead to form a legion of fellow victims)

If Lynch alone tried to get the media together, to watch him alone confront the priest,
he may have been look at as a lone nut case.

If he had a dozen or more people who were saying the same thing happened to them, at the hands of this priest....well, strength in numbers.

Was Lynch capable of reaching out and finding other victims, forming a group to approach the priest together? I don't know.

He obviously was able to take matters into his own hands (literally) and do something.

Phoenix, I too cheered when I read your account, and it's unfortunate lynch didn't think of a perhaps better plan, like yours.

I suppose it's easier to be an armchair victim and talk about letting the legal system to do it's work,
than to be in the body of a former 7 year old who was forced to suck his 5 year old brothers dick,
while a priest jerks off over it.

I have a younger sister, and sitting here imagining having to be forced to go down on her when I was 7
and she was 3 does not
make me want to let the courts decide that I can't beat the **** out of him, as an adult.

I appreciate the professional positions dlowan and dys and/were in, but I can't disagree with what Lynch did,
even if there might have been a better way.

I was never a big fan of the actor called "Mr. T",
but I gotta say that I admired his integrity at one point
when he was interviewed by Barbara Walters.

He mentioned that, in his past,
his mother came home complaining of having been mugged.
She identified the perpetrator. Mr. T said that he and his brothers
went over and paid him a visit and: "you won 't see him no more."

He declined to say that thay had killed him,
but he re-iterated that "you won 't see him no more."

I admired his integrity; I still do, so far as that is concerned.
I remember thinking, when I heard that, that if I were on a jury
before whom he were tried for that crime,
(and if I heard evidence of this justification) I 'd protect him.

Verdict for defendant

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:42 am

WHATAYATHINK about the death penalty for this offense (assuming allegations of perversity r true) ?

Woud it have been better
if the priest had perished under Lynch 's hand ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Any beating of a old person not able to defend him or her self for any reason.
What about babies in their cot ? Toddlers ? Wheel chair people ? Women ? Jockeys ? pets ? Strong men with pnuemonia ? pacifists ? people hit from behind ? people shot or stabbed ? people with learning disabilities ? librarians ? brilliant surgeons ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What if he acted from Schizophrenia? Remember the attacks upon actress Rebecca Schaeffer and on John Lennon ?
Australian law is quite specific. If you knew you were taking a human life, as opposed to dusting for cobwebs and a spider (the bashed) attacked you first, or any other fantasy where you didnt know you were killing THAT person, then you are guilty of murder. I suspect the USA is very similar in that regard. It is not enough to just be crazy.

Anyway I think we tend to keep the insane alive so we can experiment on them with drugs and therapies. Many would be better off dead.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Thats not the situation is it. He was guilty then beaten. Not beaten then accused.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:55 am
@dadpad,
Justice is based on revenge. If it wasnt, we wouldnt lock up murderers as the majority of offenders only do it once.
Quote:
that is by using his pysical power for gratification of personal needs against the will of someone less able to defend themselves.
Thats one way of looking at it. We could also look at the loss of quality life he suffered for many years whilst the priest was onviously none the worse for wear...it all just caught up with the priest at once.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:58 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ionus wrote:
Thats not the situation is it. He was guilty then beaten.
O, u KNOW this !

That 's DIFFERENT! OK

I thought there 'd been no witnesses to the alleged sodomy.

U can testify at Lynch's trial.
Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
He mentioned that, in his past, his mother came home complaining of having been mugged. She identified the perpetrator. Mr. T said that he and his brothers went over and paid him a visit and: "you won 't see him no more."
He declined to say that thay had killed him, but he re-iterated that "you won 't see him no more."

The same thing happened to a drug dealer who moved in near our school. Some of the biggest priests I have ever known (none under six feet and all on a near starvation diet) were seen knocking on his front door by a student going home late from the school library. He was never seen again and one of the students some suspected of knowing him and helping him sell looked very worried.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
20 years ago :
Quote:
though the siblings received $625,000 in a 1998 confidential settlement with the Jesuits for alleged abuse by the priest.
Why do you think they bothered if it didnt happen ? What was it about the trial to take place that convinced the Jesuits to settle out of court ?

George

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:15 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

20 years ago :
Quote:

though the siblings received $625,000 in a 1998 confidential settlement with the
Jesuits for alleged abuse by the priest.

Why do you think they bothered if it didnt happen ? What was it about the trial to
take place that convinced the Jesuits to settle out of court ?

Based on other reading I've done, I believe it happened, but there are good
reasons to settle even if it hadn't.

I think OmSigDavid could explain those far better than I could.
0 Replies