Fido

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The GOP members of the House have been stepping into some hot oil lately.

Quote:
House G.O.P. Members Face Voter Anger Over Budget
By JENNIFER STEINHAUER and CARL HULSE
Published: April 26, 2011

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — In central Florida, a Congressional town meeting erupted into near chaos on Tuesday as attendees accused a Republican lawmaker of trying to dismantle Medicare while providing tax cuts to corporations and affluent Americans.

At roughly the same time in Wisconsin, Representative Paul D. Ryan, the architect of the Republican budget proposal, faced a packed town meeting, occasional boos and a skeptical audience as he tried to lay out his party’s rationale for overhauling the health insurance program for retirees.

In a church theater here on Tuesday evening, a meeting between Representative Allen B. West and some of his constituents began on a chaotic note, with audience members quickly on their feet, some heckling him and others loudly defending him. “You’re not going to intimidate me,” Mr. West said.

After 10 days of trying to sell constituents on their plan to overhaul Medicare, House Republicans in multiple districts appear to be increasingly on the defensive, facing worried and angry questions from voters and a barrage of new attacks from Democrats and their allies.

The proposed new approach to Medicare — a centerpiece of a budget that Republican leaders have hailed as a courageous effort to address the nation’s long-term fiscal problems — has been a constant topic at town-hall-style sessions and other public gatherings during a two-week Congressional recess that provided the first chance for lawmakers to gauge reaction to the plan.

I was wondering where all those angry seniors were!
Wait until all those who have taken ****, worked hard, paid union dues and sacrificed to build pensions find they will be means tested for social security... They will get it in for the rich just like they did for the icome tax, and then push it down on everyone they can reach... What is good for the rich is good for the poor; Right??? Except that a lot of pensions don't amount to much, and a lot of people get them because they have no choice, and they are not adjusted for inflation, so they may start out fine, but end up rat eaten by inflation... And then the rich want to take the rest... It has been that way for many years, where the old are called upon to give up the capital of their generation and the one before so they have nothing to leave the children they have or could never afford... It is everyone for themselves...Do you want a reverse mortgage??? It is sponsored by the goverment to help people with too little to get buy and leave nothing behind that the bank can't take... What people do not think is that the money my father paid to social security was robbed from me, and the money I paid was robbed from my children, and that all the time we have been stuggling to pay we have seen no reduction in hours worked even while ability to produce has often increased... Who cares that one worker is supporting two seniors??? One worker can produce ten times what the senior could produce in his time...

I think it is great, because the concession made to the unions and the promises made to everyone with social security were only about breaking communism... Now that communism is broke, and capitalism is broke to from allowing the rich to take too much, Let Us Now See What The Promises Of The Capitalists And The Government ARE WORTH!!!

I must add that just because an official says he is not intimidated does not mean he is not intimidated.... I want them to say they are scared, and to mean it; but it is not very likely no matter how scared they might be... They have the sense to know that what they are doing is wrong, but they are like a kid who has said they were going to do it for so long that there is no graceful way to back off... But people, old people especially suffer a lot of anxiety about money and give to it a great deal of their lives... They are asking for trouble, but they are where they can take no more from the poor to make more rich, and so they must take from the middle class which has been their shield and buckler... This is going to be fun... Instead of pitchforks and scythes, the lords of this land can be assailed with canes and crutches... What do the old have to lose anyway but their aches and pains...And fears...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:54 am
@Fido,
What doesn't make any sense to me is the simple fact that conservatives/republicans are also union members, and retired with the benefits from social security and Medicare.

Where are all these people? Are they so stupid to accept the GOP message to rid the country of unions, social security, and Medicare?

I don't get it!
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:04 am
@cicerone imposter,

Who are these dumbmasses that willingly accept the liberal message to rid the country of our constitution?
JTT

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:18 am
@H2O MAN,
Ahhhhh, there's nothing like reading one of h2oman's "original and full of substantive ideas and comments" posting. Better than getting a newspaper tossed on your doorstep.

CI, you really should read these gems from h2oman. Everyone needs to be reminded, time and again, just how prevalent this overarching stupidity is. This is a partial result of Faux "News".
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:24 am
@JTT,
jtt = pee pee, ka ka, no substance.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:01 am
@JTT,
Is this what you are talking about?

waterboy wrote,
Quote:
@JTT,
jtt = pee pee, ka ka, no substance.

Waste of time.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:04 am
Ignore CICE and JTT
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
No, not that, CI, that is a waste of time, even for someone as ignorant as h2oman.

It's this kind of incredible inanity, below.

Who are these dumbmasses that willingly accept the liberal message to rid the country of our constitution?

What have you done today, CI, "to rid the country of our constitution"?

Without a guy like h2oman exhorting the masses to action, I fear that the US is done, toast, over, tits up, ... .
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:16 pm
@JTT,
I'm in the winter of my life, and what little I have done to be a good citizen in this country is to minimize my impact to the environment and other people.

I've voted in every election, written to my congress members, and served on two juries - one that lasted for three months, and the second longest in Santa Clara history. I have also volunteered to the Civil Grand Jury for one year in 2003-2004, and our group wrote more reports than any other Grand Jury in Santa Clara County.

I also served in the US Air Force for four years, went to college, married, and raised two sons.

Most of my time is now spent puttering around the house, and world travel - while trying to keep healthy. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008, and received radiation treatment for it, but I remain relatively healthy for my age.

That's been my contribution as a citizen of this country.
JTT

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That don't sound like winter none at all, CI. That sounds like you've barely hit early Fall.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
For JTT, waterman or anyone else to demand we justify what we have done with our lives under the conditions we found when we were young is bullshyt of the highest order. Let us see what they have done with their lives when and if they get to be our age.
JTT

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Can't speak for the h20guy, Rab, but I was licking my ear thru my cheek.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Who asked you to justify?

Not me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:05 pm
@JTT,
That's what many of my travel companions tell me; that I look much younger than my age. LOL
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What doesn't make any sense to me is the simple fact that conservatives/republicans are also union members, and retired with the benefits from social security and Medicare.

Where are all these people? Are they so stupid to accept the GOP message to rid the country of unions, social security, and Medicare?

I don't get it!
Unions never did embrace a large enough segment of the population to make a difference for America... Against the currents of politics which made every effective tool of Organized Labor unconstitutional all that unions were left with was the moral argument and the strike with one be futile, and the other empty... The lure of money and power on union leadership was as corrupting there as any where, and they stamped out communism, free thought, and individualism at every opportunity... They did not educate their members or the general public in class consciousness, but rather identified with the wealthy, and wanted a piece of the action...

The unions as much as the economy and the government and the religions need to be swept away and liquidated...The sooner the reactionaries sweep away the unions, make them powerless and break them the sooner the working class will be united, having nothing between them but a common desparation for something better... The reactionaries think they are dividing the population, turning the majority against the privilaged minority of union workers... In fact, they are uniting the working class, and destorying the only group in America that ever stood up to the capitalist class in any fashion or made workers rights possible on the national level... Every worker benefits to some degree from the unions, but when the unions are destroyed the worker rights legislation that Unions championed will be a relic of the past... The unions organized people, and made individual action impossible... Organization is not necessary nor effective against the police state, or against corporations like churches, and like businesses that police themselves and are laws unto themselves... Only individual actions on a massive scale will change this society... Whether it results from intelligence or desparation does not matter... When people are willing to act on their own authority against the fixtures of power, the people, the symbols, the property of the powerful, then capital with its broken state will find it cannot police everyone at once... They will miss the days when the unions did their dirty work of stamping out individualism, and free expression of ideas... They will miss the unions, and wish them back... But the people should be rid of them, rid of the government and the capitalist for good and all... It is the government that should be our union, and that is what it said it was to be when ratified... It has failed us... We should not fail us, but act in our own defense...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:54 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The constitution serves you... If the constitution ever reached one of the goals for which it was written I would agree that it once tried to serve me... But why should anyone support a constitution that does not serve or protect them, but one that rather expedites their personal ruin and the ruin of the country... The Constitution Be Damned... It is a failed document of a failed country... Say what particular part of it you like... You really hate it as much as anyone, but are slavish to the thought of it...
Fido

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:56 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

No, not that, CI, that is a waste of time, even for someone as ignorant as h2oman.

It's this kind of incredible inanity, below.

What have you done today, CI, "to rid the country of our constitution"?

Without a guy like h2oman exhorting the masses to action, I fear that the US is done, toast, over, tits up, ... .

Consider my voice forever raised against it; and not for its goals which are the object of all good government; but for its means which were always corrupt and so, more than corruptable.. It was stillborn...It is an abortion, all promise and no fulfillment...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:47 am
@Fido,
You are incorrect.

This is a Constitutional Republic... the document has not failed the country, the people responsible for electing leaders have failed the country. We currently have the leader we deserve because the dumbmasses refused to look at the assclown's resume and ask questions of him. They were spoon fed false information and they swallowed it without question... these people failed our country and our constitution.
Fido

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:17 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You are incorrect.

This is a Constitutional Republic... the document has not failed the country, the people responsible for electing leaders have failed the country. We currently have the leader we deserve because the dumbmasses refused to look at the assclown's resume and ask questions of him. They were spoon fed false information and they swallowed it without question... these people failed our country and our constitution.
So typical: Blaim the people instead of the form they are laboring under... Why is it that all successful marriages are modification of the traditional marriage from days of old??? It is because people in them informalized the form, and made it work for them without regard for the form which if they had stuck to it would most certainly have destroyed the relationship... And you often do see where marriages are dissolved simply because one side or the other is more formal in their approach to the relationship, or where one side wants to use the form in order to abuse the other party...

That is where we are... There is no love here, but we have the form of the relationship that is holding us in enmity... You do not say the marriage, or in this case: The Government is a Dud; but it is the fault of those who are in it that they do not measure up..

Here is the problem old man, and it is the same as for marriages: Some times people out grow their relationships, and sometimes they find that a form they thought might offer them protection really only formalizes their abuse and exploitation... People change in their relationships and modify them; but what is natural to people they cannot change... They need to eat, and sleep, and have shelter, and have peace, and love, and be able to breed and be raised in love... If their forms interfere with their natural functioning the form is so much easier to change than their nature... Our form of government is not feeding our nature, but feeding off our nature, taking a cut from every transaction, sometimes taking life to protect its own, but always taking the stuff of life; and like marriage, if it does not give it back, if people are not trading life for life, life now for life tomorrow, then they are being robbed...

All of human progress involves a change of forms, and for this reason Jefferson talked of changing forms in the Declaration of Independence... People do not want to change forms any more than they like to move from one form of dwelling to another... They change forms by necessity...

You find the people guilty in who they send to office... I find the whole form of sending people to office flawed since too many send too few, and the process is open to corruption at every point... I do not blame you or anyone from voting out of their view of self interest, but when your self interest interferes with my self interest it is for the government to work things out for the benefi,t or at least, the justice of each, and now because goverment does not function, cannot deliver justice, and leaves people in the miserable state of needing justice, and hating all they see as denying them justice... The thing does not work... It is not a matter of the individuals we send, alone, but they are like a man having two masters having instead hundreds of thousands and even hundreds of millions of masters... Some will be served, and some will be denied; but the influence of money is such that it is always served when it is people who must be served by government since their lives are at stake...

The people are the relationship... The government is the form, and the form is not working, because the people are doing all in their power to make the form work for their reality without success... Any you cannot change people, or the reality they must survive... The only thing you can change, though it may seem impossible to change, is the form, the social form of government... I know it can change because history is no more than the changing of one form for another...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:22 am
@Fido,
The people have been dumbed down by the government schools and teachers unions... both are controlled by the liberal left.
I blame the left for dumbing down the masses so much that these same dumbmasses refuse to question who, what, when and why, they just accept what they are told and remain ignorant to their being slaves to the liberal left.