Obama´s trip to India - what will it cost?

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 06:16 am
No, you misunderstand. Why are you obsessed enough to start a thread, and continue to contribute to it? Why does this idea grip your mind?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:09 am
@mysteryman,
3 may be enough for manlyJoe

3 does NOT constitute many by my feminine definition

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/several

I would have given you 3 as being several, but apparently that's generous

Quote:
sev·er·al (svr-l, svrl)
adj.
1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many:

you're going to have to produce something on the order of 30 regular posters to meet my definition of many (which is also more generous than the real definition)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/many

Quote:
1. A large indefinite number: A good many of the workers had the flu.
2. The majority of the people; the masses

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:11 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

There were many people on here after 9/11 that charged that Bush was out of communication when he was on AF-1, and when he was at his ranch.

you're going to need to provide some evidence of "many people on here"

"here" didn't exist until about a year after 9/11, and "most" people had moved on from 9/11 drama before this site was established

ok kid - so show us those "many" posters making that claim

doesn't have to be the majority of A2K posters, but many is going to mean at least 30 for this claim in this thread

come up with 30+, I'll have to bake you something (and figure out a way to get it across the border)
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:19 am
@Setanta,
You think somebody starting a question is obsessed with a subject and obsessed when continuing to contribute to it?
What about all those who contribute even more to a question than the person who asked the question? Are they also obsessed?
So in the future if I should ask a qusstion I should not contribute to it just so I don´t give the impression of being obsessed with something? Preferable I guess I should not even ask a question.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:33 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

3 may be enough for manlyJoe

3 does NOT constitute many by my feminine definition

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/several

I would have given you 3 as being several, but apparently that's generous

Three is merely a statistical sampling, and I remain satisfied with that. If mysteryman had said "some people here," then I would have been satisfied with only one. But he said "many," so that raised the quota.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:45 am
@joefromchicago,
I've always known that you were much sweeter than I am.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:46 am
@saab,
You're rather touchy, i'd say. Yes, i think that in this case, you are obsessed, inexplicably, with this question. That would not necessarily always be the case with everyone asking a question, but certainly people don't start discussions unless they are very interested in the subject. In this case, at the point at which you posted a list of American Presidents, and how much foreign travel they indulged in in their respective first years i office, it occured to me that you might be obsessed.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
I founnd MM's comment about "after 9/11" rather odd--given that this site did not exist in September, 2001.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:49 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I've always known that you were much sweeter than I am.

I'm working on that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:03 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're rather touchy, i'd say. Yes, i think that in this case, you are obsessed, inexplicably, with this question. That would not necessarily always be the case with everyone asking a question, but certainly people don't start discussions unless they are very interested in the subject. In this case, at the point at which you posted a list of American Presidents, and how much foreign travel they indulged in in their respective first years i office, it occured to me that you might be obsessed.

Green Witch questioned the travel of different presidents in response to the original post - the information was looked up and presented = obsessed?

~~~

the next time you present some facts in response to a question, we'll have to remember that it's a manifestation of obsession
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:05 am
@ehBeth,
I was unaware of that. As for your opinion on whether or not i'm obsessed in any specific case . . . help yourself.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:06 am
As i suspected, Saab's post about presidetial travel does not reference anyone else's post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:09 am
GW's post asks "what makes you think this is any different than other Presidents," which does not exactly qualify for the manner in which Saab responded, nor how you have characterized it.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:24 am
@Setanta,
True, but many of the people on here are carry overs from the old Abuzz.
Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:37 am
@mysteryman,
Does that mean that you're claiming your evidence with down with the ship?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:40 am
@saab,
Quote:
?First Year Foreign Travel By U.S. Presidents
# of foreign trips # of nations visited
Barack Obama (so far) 7 16

How can it be "so far" since Obama has been in office for well over a year?
parados

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:41 am
@saab,
Quote:
I think somebody pointed out that Obama has not done more travelling than other American presidents, and it looks like he has.

No, it doesn't look like that. You are comparing the first year of other Presidents to 2 years of Obama it looks like.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:04 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

True, but many of the people on here are carry overs from the old Abuzz.

oy, with the many again

in the very early days, there was some carry over from Abuzz, but former Abuzzers are much in the minority here

I think you need to consider the size of A2K ( http://able2know.org/topic/141912-1 ) - 100,000+

50,000+ former Abuzzers haven't signed up here
saab

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:06 pm
@parados,
It clearly says on top
First Year Foreign Travel By U.S. Presidents
so it only points out travels the first year by every president including Obama.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 12:11 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
I think somebody pointed out that Obama has not done more travelling than other American presidents, and it looks like he has.

No, it doesn't look like that. You are comparing the first year of other Presidents to 2 years of Obama it looks like.

http://history.state.gov/departmenthistory/travels/president/obama-barack-h

24 to date

if anyone wants to do a full compare and contrast

http://history.state.gov/departmenthistory/travels/president
0 Replies