Love actually doesn't exist. Do you agree with me?

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:11 am
Love is only a concept in your brain/mind. When you assertively claim that it exists, then it exist.If you claim it doesn't exist, then it doesn't exist. Do you agree with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,616 • Replies: 17

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:41 am
@stevenya,
Nope.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:42 am
You should get a hobby.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 04:54 am
@Setanta,
Writing love poems is a good hobby. Especially if they're based in speculative fiction.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:00 am
@Setanta,
I think this place is his hobby, along with self-obsession.

In answer to the question about love, mark me in the "NO" column.
0 Replies

stevenya

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:11 am
After my questions in my brain get answered, I become more peaceful.
Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:16 am
@stevenya,
Why should any of us care about that? You must make yourself annoying here.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 06:29 am
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

Love actually doesn't exist. Do you agree with me?

Of course it does. Wonderful film. I have the DVD here somewhere if you need proof.

To answer seriously though, it's my opinion that it does exist, even if it doesn't. And it's possible that it does exist for me but not for you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 06:48 am
a recent study on pain showed that people in considerable pain had less pain and needed less medication during the times they were visited by their loved ones (spouses, family members, good friends)
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2010 08:47 am
@stevenya,
stevenya wrote:

Love is only a concept in your brain/mind. When you assertively claim that it exists, then it exist.If you claim it doesn't exist, then it doesn't exist. Do you agree with me?

I really like people who engage in the oxmoron,
'X is only a concept.
Never even knowing the definition of concept itself.
If perception determines conception, conception determines will,
i.e. we learn by experience, how in the hell can one even have a concept isolated without something perceived to begin with? HELLO?
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:45 pm
@stevenya,
Ok i believe in the love you can have for you're family and best friends...If someone believes in love, who am i to say they are wrong? So i think it does exist but only if you are open to it...if you aint and firmly against it, then it doesn't exist for you and move on Wink Oh and this is important, have you ever been in love??
0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 11:26 am
@stevenya,
Let me speak the truth in love.

Just because a truth only exists in the heart, it doesn't mean that it is subject to one's belief. Love exists whether one is able to acknowledge it or not. In this way, it is very much like every other truth. Moreover, it is the ultimate truth.

If this is too abstract, just consider the love that must exist between a newborn and parents.
0 Replies

joseph99

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 08:22 pm
love exists!
Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 09:17 pm
@joseph99,
Be aware that this is likely to be a dead thread. Notice the datestamps? 2 or 3 of the main participants are no longer active on the site.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:09 am
@stevenya,
No I completely disagree with you because there are many reasons to believe that love really exists. Let's say, for instance, a mother throwing herself in front of a car to save her child- is that not a form of love? The fact that some people would give their life for a person they "love."

There are, however, many problems and issues concerning love: We don't fully understand it nor do we have a clear definition of it. There are many more, but just two for you to think about mister.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 04:17 pm
@stevenya,
Quote:
Well if you felt the need to label the 'feeling' - then you would either call it love, or something else. Once you decide to name it, the rest is semantics.

And what 'it' is in your head, is likely different to what 'it' is in someone elses head.
0 Replies

Zeke

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 01:02 am
@stevenya,
Love is simply a experience derived from different levels chemical substances triggering different regions in your noodle. Conclusively, the experience of love is based on a physically quantifiable biological and chemical structure, therefore, it exists.
0 Replies

Looking4Truth

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2013 01:16 pm
@stevenya,
Quote:

Unlike many of you, if you switch brain with heart, I agree with this statement. The Bible, which many of you could care less about so hold your opinions, says "God is love". It also says "He who has said in his heart there is no God, then there is no God in him". So if you believe that there is no love, then love will not exist for you.
I believe love. I once said that I didn't need any signs, facts, or even religion to believe Gods existence. I said I didn't need proof of Him. One day, out of know where, God proves Himself to me in a way that would be impossible to deny. I know for a fact, beyond ANY reasonable doubt, there is love.
Ancient writings, beliefs, and religions may very well be prooven false. All the facts laid out on the table will never prove that there is no God. Ask for true eyes to see, true ears to hear, and a pure heart. You will find what you seek. What are you looking for?
0 Replies