H2O MAN

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 05:26 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Please buy a book or two and study the plan before spouting off about things you know nothing about.

Ya gotta wonder why they don't know about this plan

Government educated half-whits.
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 05:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Government educated half-whits[sic].

Are you speaking of the relentless propaganda stream that comes from the US government to a way way too malleable citizenry?

I must note though, that it seems to have lessened a great deal under the Obama administration. It was positively goebbellsish during the time of the Bush bandits.

You might really be searching for half-wit. Does that make you a quarter-wit?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The truth ain't in you...

Objectively??? Well no... Everything works as it should, and my injuries have had their effects, like my virtues; so yes, there is a measure of truth there... Figuratively at least, I may say there is truth in me, but I don't waste much time defining moral forms, and only because it is a lost cause... Just tell me what works according to a conception of it, and I will agree it is truth and we can get on to tlaking about something else...Cool???
JTT

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:47 pm
@Fido,
That's way too deep for the H2oman. You'll have lost him before the end of your first sentence.
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:
Please buy a book or two and study the plan before spouting off about things you know nothing about.

Ya gotta wonder why they don't know about this plan

Government educated half-whits.

Hardly... I am ineducable... What I know above the average has come from widely varied reading... All I know about the fair tax is what those who advocate it have said on television, which make me think it is not fair, but clearly self serving of the rich... None of them wants to admit that the poor and middle have been drained, that their wages have been driven into the dirt, that they have been worked to distraction to compete with, keep up with, or keep from losing their jobs to robots... The rich should pay taxes... Their government has worked for them... Why should the poor people, the working people, or the middle class pay taxes??? Their government has not delivered the goods for which it was created, which are clearly stated...What are we paying for??? Are we paying protection, so they will not throw us in prison??? If so; we are already in prison... And if they gave us a choice; and if our money were ever once in our hands, they would never see it, so it is taken before we have it... We know we are being shorted, paying for something we will never have, and have never received... No one can tell us government is doing all it can to protect us from outrageous exploitation... The rich use the government to rob us of all the rich cannot get us to part with voluntarily... Sooner or later, when it is too late; the rich will find they have plenty of money to pay for taxes, if it will save the bulk of their wealth, or their lives... It is a terrible thing for them to look at us as so many cattle they can butcher or milk without regard, that they have no sense of nation, or brotherhood... It is a shame...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:13 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That's way too deep for the H2oman. You'll have lost him before the end of your first sentence.

Water seeks the lowest point... He just isn't very good at getting them, or making them...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 05:57 am
A boy and his dog with nothing better to do... JTT & Fido.
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:29 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

A boy and his dog with nothing better to do... JTT & Fido.

That was a good movie... When it comes to a choice between your dog and a girl you can never go wrong picking your dog... Frederick the Great understood that... He was blessed with true understanding...

He came upon one of his cavelry men being tied to a wheel for punishment... Fred said: I know this man... For what is he punished??? For having sex with his horse came the reply... Don't beat him, said Fred... Transfer him to the infantry...

You know water; there is a reason they used to use horses for cavelry charges??? Donkeys would have nothing to do with it; and all you could get out of a mule was one charge, and that was enough to cure that animal of that sort of stupidity... Horses and men with their so called superior intellect, can be induced into almost any stupidity, IF the rational is there... Once more; what is your rational argument for the fair tax; and what makes you believe it is fair???...

There is nothing fair about the taxes we have today... They are means of robbing the poor to feed the rich... If there was a tax plan that was really rational it would admit that once the rich have all the money and power the game of society is lost... The object is not just the support of government, but the use of government to achieve justice which has nothing to do with hereditary wealth...

If a society will not die of its polarization because one half has been made slave, and the other half made irresponsibly rich, then society must tax the rich, not to feed the poor, but to keep the common wealth common... We all should have a share of this country's bounty... Those who want to do something with it, make a mountain of wealth, create some process or art of value, and that sort of thing -should have their money; but not forever...Society can only keep the game of society infinite, on going, if opportunity and social mobility are always there as possibilites...

The poor often resort to crime because they can see that in America it does not matter how one comes by money because money itself is considered honorable... Once a person is rich, no one ask how they came by their loot...Did they inherit it, did they win it, did they earn it fairly, was it profit, was it stolen or earned by some pervesrsion of social morality?? But government should make certain that all money is honorable by returning it to the people, to the common wealth where others can take it as their reward for some process, product or invention...

Money on the move makes a nation wealthy... Money in a banks only makes one person wealthy... The object of taxes is justice and to put pressure on money to serve a public purpose... To support hereditary wealth is no part of the purpose of government...And especially so when hereditary wealth so distorts the purpose of government...
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 08:07 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Money on the move makes a nation wealthy... Money in a banks only makes one person wealthy... The object of taxes is justice and to put pressure on money to serve a public purpose... To support hereditary wealth is no part of the purpose of government...And especially so when hereditary wealth so distorts the purpose of government...

Obamanomics has caused people to save more in banks and spend less... Destroying individual success and wealth is no part of the purpose of government... Someone should explain this to the man-child in the White House.

Adoption of The FairTax Plan will only increase the amount of taxes collected by our imperial government... reduce the burdens bestowed on the poor and old by Obamanomics.
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 09:34 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

Obamanomics has caused people to save more in banks and spend less... Destroying individual success and wealth is no part of the purpose of government... Someone should explain this to the man-child in the White House.

Adoption of The FairTax Plan will only increase the amount of taxes collected by our imperial government... reduce the burdens bestowed on the poor and old by Obamanomics.

When this people in the creation of the government rejected hereditary government, what is the point of hereditary wealth when the result is herieditary control of government??? I do not mind people being wealthy for their art or intelligence... When wealth gives to people extra rights, privilages in fact, the people and the government which represents them has the obligation to keep that inequality from becoming the destruction of the democracy.... All wealth comes out ot the common wealth, and no one, not even you is ignorant enough of the facts to suggest that wealth does not influence the course of government... Taxes should put pressure on wealth, and no one should be able to rest easy on their cash thinking it is free and clear when it is the whole people that defends their title to it, and the thing in fact just by defense of the country... Democracy is defensive, and the whole object of a common wealth is the common defense of a shared area of occupation... What has happened in the past is that those disenfranchised of political rights, and dispossed of wealth have found no reason to defend what they no longer owned... And they have run away or hid out or went over to the enemy to be slaves to new masters.... It is a mistake to think the poor will forever defend the rights of the rich which the rich will not themselves defend with taxation... But, apart from defense, the whole people must take their income from the common wealth and give to the common wealth their support... All this mine, mine , mine mentality does not serve our common purpose of justice for all, or our common defense; and so it is the task of good government to force the rich with taxation to do more to have more, and not expect more from government in the way of privilages without payment... Wealth is a wonderful thing, but rich people do not make a rich society, or a cultured and educated society, or one that is free... Rich people make a poor society, and they are an enemy of the people, and to have honor they should be despoiled and accept it... It is a game, and if the lower level of poverty were raised the stigma of poverty would be lessened, and the honor of easy wealth would be reduced...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 09:38 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

Man child??? Is that Code for BOY... Don't be an ass... I have no use for him, but I do not demean him with the steriotypes of race... I do not like much of the culture of black people, but if one has a mind open even a crack, the experience of one black geneius is enough to cure one of racial prejudice... And I still don't like much of their culture...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 08:52 am

Liberal Democrats lie about The FairTax Plan.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:34 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I do not like much of the culture of black people...

What does your dislike of blacks have to do with The FairTax Plan?

Fido, quit being such a jackass!
Fido

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:18 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

I did not say I did not like Black people; and please put words in your mouth and not mine... I do not like the culture of Black people as much as I know it, but then, I do not like the culture of Jews such as I know that, from my son's mother's family, or that of the Irish, such as I am... A culture can be as much an asset as a detriment... Mr. Obama was not raised with that impediment, but it is possible he would have been a better man if he had, because as far as I can see, he serves the rich, and the social form as it stands...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 12:52 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

I did not say I did not like Black people...

Right!, are you 12?
JTT

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 01:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
nuance isn't your long suit, is it, h2oman?

But then, what is?

Well, there's ignorance anyway.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 01:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

I did not say I did not like Black people...

Right!, are you 12?

I do not like, nor dislike anyone based upon their status in any group... High or low, near or far; I try to see all people as they are, and take them as they show themselves to be, respect all people until given a reason not to respect, and allow some meaure of tolerance for differences of culture that I may never understand...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 01:32 pm
@JTT,
You've got to wonder if Fido has a Freaking clue what The FairTax Plan is all about... I highly doubt it.
Fido

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 02:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You've got to wonder if Fido has a Freaking clue what The FairTax Plan is all about... I highly doubt it.

As I said: I have seen people pushing it on news programs and I am going by what I have heard from them as to how it would work and who it would affect... Educate me... Spell it out... Because from what I can tell it is anything but fair...Do you think they would have much trouble selling it as the unfair tax???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 02:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
You're pretty good at streaking off on tangents, H2o. How are you at fixing water softeners?