Mame

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 09:59 am
@Foofie,
Why? It's nobody's business what someone's sexual orientation is and what difference does that make in your own life? How is it dishonest? Do they have to tell ALL about themselves? What would you consider it okay to not share with others?
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 10:03 am
@Mame,
Quote:
It's nobody's business what someone's sexual orientation is
I can see where a woman would want to know if a man was bi-sexual before starting a relationship rather than find out later he is HIV+.
djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 10:10 am
@Ionus,
that's a big leap from needing or wanting to know if your neighbours are gay
Ionus

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 10:13 am
@djjd62,
I want to know as much about my neighbours as possible. For safety reasons.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2010 10:14 am
@Mame,
Foofie's all about disclosure, he/she/it* is jewish, haven't you heard it comes up in just about every 3rd post

* in keeping with the theme, i've seen folks address Foofie as a he, really, a he who calls himself Foofie, i think somebody's got a secret Wink
Foofie

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:28 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Why? It's nobody's business what someone's sexual orientation is and what difference does that make in your own life? How is it dishonest? Do they have to tell ALL about themselves? What would you consider it okay to not share with others?

It is my business for me, since I could be the object of affection when I would choose not to be, if I knew a gay person sees me differently than how I think I am being seen. I like to know who I am interacting with. Call me silly.
Foofie

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:34 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Foofie's all about disclosure, he/she/it* is jewish, haven't you heard it comes up in just about every 3rd post

* in keeping with the theme, i've seen folks address Foofie as a he, really, a he who calls himself Foofie, i think somebody's got a secret Wink

No secret. It was my baby name. Blame my mother, may she rest in peace. She read a lot of historical novels. Foofie was the favorite hunting spaniel of some King.

But let us say "secular Jewish," since that puts me in a different perspective to many a Gentile worth his/her golf clubs.

And, "disclosure" is not my concern, as much as not putting on a Janus face for society. Am I amongst the few that prefers to know who I am addressing?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
However, it can also be used as a basis to claim that it is an aberation, and that it can and should be "cured."
I agree with the notion that it doesn't matter why someone is homosexual, it's nobody's damned business,
and it is gross bigotry to discriminate on that basis.
I 'm a little surprized to find that Setanta agrees with my position in this matter, which he articulated adroitly.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:48 am
@Foofie,
djjd62 wrote:

Foofie wrote:
No secret. It was my baby name. Blame my mother, may she rest in peace. She read a lot of historical novels.
Foofie was the favorite hunting spaniel of some King.

But let us say "secular Jewish," since that puts me in a different perspective to many a Gentile worth his/her golf clubs.

And, "disclosure" is not my concern, as much as not putting on a Janus face for society.

Am I amongst the few that prefers to know who I am addressing?
U raise a good point: I like to know who I 'm addressing (tho, in my gentile mind, "secular Jewish," does not
put u in a different perspective; I address u & think of u the same as if u were very religious).

David
djjd62

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
but short of skype, where you can at least see the person, you can't really know anyone on the internet, as someone pointed out on another thread (billrm i think), on the internet all the women are men, all the men are men and all the children are FBI agents
Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 07:59 am
@Foofie,
OK, you're silly. It is doubtful that you would be attractive a homosexual man, especially given the bullshit your spread around here. But even if a homosexual man's self-esteem were so low that he were attracted to you, it does you no harm, whether you know it or not. I put this reaction of yours in the same category with your complusive ethnic insults directed at other members. You are intolerant and noisily bigoted.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 08:01 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
but short of skype, where you can at least see the person, you can't really know anyone on the internet, as someone pointed out on another thread (billrm i think), on the internet all the women are men, all the men are men and all the children are FBI agents
That 's clever.

I 'd not wanna skype it, because I 've never liked my appearance,
but I 'd like to know the gender of the person with whom I m conversing.

Several times, after a few YEARS of Internet conversation,
I find that I misunderstood (or assumed in error) someone 's gender.

David
djjd62

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 08:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
i've done that based on subject matter, some topics seem more guy centric than others
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 08:17 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i've done that based on subject matter,
some topics seem more guy centric than others
True; I know a Southern chick in Mensa who is astonishingly well informed about cars and their mechanical operations.
She 's given some presentations thereof.

I asked her if she knew guns as well; no luck.

David
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 09:29 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You have not answered my questions.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 10:15 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Mame wrote:
To whom is that post directed ?
Mame

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 12:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I forget now! LOL Foofie, I think.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 06:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

OK, you're silly. It is doubtful that you would be attractive a homosexual man, especially given the bullshit your spread around here. But even if a homosexual man's self-esteem were so low that he were attracted to you, it does you no harm, whether you know it or not. I put this reaction of yours in the same category with your complusive ethnic insults directed at other members. You are intolerant and noisily bigoted.

I do not make, nor have made, any ethnic insults. I might have alluded to an ethnicity, based on some historical truism or common belief, but that is not an insult. I cannot help it if some folks are highly sensitive about their respective backgrounds, and think that any reference to it is an insult. You know, like Jews often prefer others to reference Jews as, "Jewish people," not "Jews." That is one of the strong points of WASP's, I believe; there is nothing one can say about them that they get insulted. Three cheers for WASP's. Hip, hip, hooray!

Like have you not been on a thread where the consensus was that the early Jews were just a bunch of "bandits." Now, that can be insulting to a modern day, educated Jew. But, let us not quibble about who has insulted who. I have insulted no one intentionally, as opposed to the pejoratives on many a thread that get tossed around like bricks at the riots in Chicago in the 1920's.
Foofie

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 06:30 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Mame wrote:

I personally do not want to live my life as though I am at a masquerade party where I do not know who anyone really is. Perhaps, for some it is acceptable.

I do not think we should tell people our IQs, if we know it, since I do not believe it is a measure of intelligence, and many people think it is. I believe it is just a measurement of a young person's precociousness to read, do math, and logic, possibly equal to the average score of an older child. That is not a measurement of intelligence, since even older children make foolish mistakes. I believe it is just a measurement of precociousness, or a longer learning curve, and telling anyone one's IQ can be misleading to another person, since most people think it is a measurement of intelligence. Just my opinion.
Setanta

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 06:47 pm
@Foofie,
You make remarks about what you suppose to be other members ethnicity in contexts where it is not relevant, and it is therefore just a typical example of your snide and racist character, such as making a remark to me about people painting themselves blue, or your snide remarks to McTag in which you called him "your highness." It's woven into the very fabric of your outlook. So, for example, what is the point of making remarks about WASPs? As far as i can see, it's just another example of your hostility and your snide posting style.

I referred to ancient Jews as bandits because that is essentially what people like David did for a living. It's right there the printed legends of your people. Get over it.