I am early voting today.

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:03 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Frankly, I am very concerned about this election.

Rest easy, real change is coming.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:04 am
@Fido,
You like your Kool-Aid cold, blue and purchased with other peoples money.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:33 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
the alternative is civil war, because they are so bound and determined to shut down the ability of government to right wrongs that we will only get good out of government over their dead bodies... I don't want that, and I don't think they really want it...I hope they really do not want it, because they are well armed...

I'm a Tea Party activist and I don't like the way this is going. Are you really advocating civil war? Whose dead bodies are you talking about? You got a plan, spell it out.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 06:47 am
@H2O MAN,
It's that change that concerns me. The inmates are about to take over the asylum and make the world worse than it is now.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:07 am
@edgarblythe,
In re: your mass panic statement. In 1969, when I graduated from college, I went to the house of a high school classmate, hoping to catch her at her parents' house before she went off into work and her adult life. She was not there, because she immediately started work after graduating from the University of Michigan.

Her mother surprised me. She had hoped for a total right-wing takeover of the US by the right. She felt that a short period of total suppression would cause an insurrection that would mean a permanent left-leaning and just government.

This week, Princeton historian Sean Wilentz told Terry Gross that the Tea Totalitarians and the glenn becks and sarah palins of our political spectrum reach back to the John Birch Society.

The problem (alright, I see many problems with them) the Tea Totalitarians and beck and palin et al. is that they promote panic . They're demagogues.

plainoldme

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:08 am
@Fido,
Quote:
If you are worried about it then vote

Jesus Christ on a raft. Go back and read what I wrote.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:10 am
@electronicmail,
I suspect that when Fido wrote the only alternative is civil war, he was speaking about the Tea Totalitarians. Ultimately, that is what they are about.
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:10 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Fido wrote:
the alternative is civil war, because they are so bound and determined to shut down the ability of government to right wrongs that we will only get good out of government over their dead bodies... I don't want that, and I don't think they really want it...I hope they really do not want it, because they are well armed...

I'm a Tea Party activist and I don't like the way this is going. Are you really advocating civil war? Whose dead bodies are you talking about? You got a plan, spell it out.

I think the right is looking for and preparing for civil war... I think they have control of the army officer corp through religious indoctrination.... I think that what they want to do politically in throwing all ethnic groups and poor onto their own resources is exactly what they would do physically if they could, cut themselves and their amerika off from the America of the cities, the immigrants and the poor...Since they admire the rich for being rich they do not want to tax them as they deserve, because they think, and falsely so, that the rich grow wealth, when the rich only grow wealthy on what they can take from them and the poor... I think if it comes to a fight that they will eventually lose after they slaughter a great number of poor people for being poor, or un-amerikan... Right now, they are inpediment to the just action of government... I think that is just a tip of their iceburg; and that beneath their surface is a desire to destroy all the good that America stands for....
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:19 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

In re: your mass panic statement. In 1969, when I graduated from college, I went to the house of a high school classmate, hoping to catch her at her parents' house before she went off into work and her adult life. She was not there, because she immediately started work after graduating from the University of Michigan.

Her mother surprised me. She had hoped for a total right-wing takeover of the US by the right. She felt that a short period of total suppression would cause an insurrection that would mean a permanent left-leaning and just government.

This week, Princeton historian Sean Wilentz told Terry Gross that the Tea Totalitarians and the glenn becks and sarah palins of our political spectrum reach back to the John Birch Society.

The problem (alright, I see many problems with them) the Tea Totalitarians and beck and palin et al. is that they promote panic . They're demagogues.

Right on the mark... They are opportunists surfing a wave of discontent... If they only realized that their discontent is as powerful a force on the law accepting and believing left as it is for them with their supernatural justicication of all they desire then they would not stir their pots of **** as they do...

They sow the wind, and I hate it; because I want revolution all right, but not a reign of terror, or civil war... Social change is like fire, and there are only two sorts of fires: undercontrol, and out of control... Those scumbags of the tea party right want only a holocaust of violence, and appealing as they do to the irrationality of fear and hate, of injury and partiotism and nationalism and Christian martyrdom makes certain violence will result...
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:20 am
@plainoldme,
No, ma'am, YOU go back and read what YOU wrote
http://able2know.org/topic/162491-1#post-4384221

Jesus Christ had nothing to do with it.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:21 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I suspect that when Fido wrote the only alternative is civil war, he was speaking about the Tea Totalitarians. Ultimately, that is what they are about.

Again... Right on the mark; and they are using the public airwaves, and a contitutional right to incite what amounts to violence and civil war against the bulk of America in defense of a fraction of oppressed rich people... It is criminal...
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:29 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I think the right is looking for and preparing for civil war... I think they have control of the army officer corp through religious indoctrination....

Ummm... Have you tried getting any medical advice about these "thoughts" of yours? You got evidence for your conspiracy theories, why not contact the feds? But maybe they're indoctrinated too, like the officer corps Laughing Drunk
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 08:01 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Fido wrote:

I think the right is looking for and preparing for civil war... I think they have control of the army officer corp through religious indoctrination....

Ummm... Have you tried getting any medical advice about these "thoughts" of yours? You got evidence for your conspiracy theories, why not contact the feds? But maybe they're indoctrinated too, like the officer corps Laughing Drunk

I do not deny the obvious... The right feels oppressed, and justified in violence... And their mouthpieces only add to their fear and hatred... go bury your head... I'm not; and I am not urging counter violence... Just as in the American Civil War the reactionaries can be counted on to resort to violence first... Just behavior always justifies itself... Injustice is inevitably justified with violence because power grows out of the barrel of a gun... You understand: The right is primed for defense, told it is oppressed... They are not any more oppressed than the rest of us, but they are taught to feel like we are the cause... What do you think it would take to turn their defense into offense??? I think it would take not much...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 02:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I could have won a million dollars betting on this post.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 02:58 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Fido wrote:

BTW... Stupidity and conspiracy may rhyme, but they are not the same... So what if ignorance grips the right and pushes them into inevitable conflict with the majority of people??? It is still a long way from an organized effort to take over, even if that seems to have crossed the minds of many on the religious right... Like wooses everywhere, they are looking for some one else to do it so they can rule through their puppet...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:00 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

The inmates are about to take over the asylum and make the world worse than it is now.

You are confused.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 09:40 am
Two years after voting for The Chosen One, one-quarter of
those who voted for Barack Obama are defecting to the GOP.

Those craving for change now look to the GOP
Fido

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:35 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Two years after voting for The Chosen One, one-quarter of
those who voted for Barack Obama are defecting to the GOP.

Those craving for change now look to the GOP

So what??? The people are telling themselves and the parties that they are capable of change; but the parties are not capable of change... One quarter is about right, and it is to secure those numbers that Mr. Obama tried to lean to the right and govern from the center... The thing is, that there is no true center, and those so called independents may sway elections but they are as squishy as a mile of mud... And purely dangerous if moving down hill, but at rest or in the shift from right to left they are an object of contempt...

It is the squishys that allow the hard tea party right to turn elections and even the course of government... There is nothing new there, but it is safe districts where the tea baggers are a terror, because they demand such a litmess test of conservativism that it pulls all leaders away from moderation and forces them into extremism which is something all mankind appreciates more than moderation... Moderation, after all, needed a philosophy to attempt to make it a way of life... Immoderation was the way of life before, after, and always... So Mr. Obama is not going to win a single vote being moderate, and he is demanding the contempt of the population for trying...

America is reaching a crisis point where the rift between right and left may no longer be straddled and can only be bridged by an increasing muddy middle that no one should count on for anything... So don't celebrate... Obama may have lost the middle, but he never really had them, and the right will never really have them either.. They are all disaffected, and now disappointed, and the choice they are offered: Democrat or republican is not a choice, but a condition where the cure is at least as bad as the illness...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:40 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

plainoldme wrote:

The inmates are about to take over the asylum and make the world worse than it is now.

You are confused.

If we were not all trying to see clearly through the confusion we are presented as facts, then we would all be sitting back on our millions from playing the market... I know you want to attack, but your attack in this instance is a confession...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 10:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You are confused.

No, I know there is nothing more dangerous than the AMerican Right. Try reading Nineteen Eighty-Four and Brave NEw World and then try supporting the right.