I am early voting today.

djjd62

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 02:53 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So are you proposing an armed insurrection

as someone outside the country, i have to say, it would make for more interesting tv veiwing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 03:20 pm
If the people who think as I do acted according to what fido is putting down here, the teaparty folks and the Republicans would proceed to elect whom they choose, because they would not go along with folks like me.
Fido

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 08:18 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If the people who think as I do acted according to what fido is putting down here, the teaparty folks and the Republicans would proceed to elect whom they choose, because they would not go along with folks like me.

Let them win... Give them the whole damned dance hall and start your own government, because they are not going to do **** but run it into a ditch... Look at our democratic assholes... They gave Bush the power to invade Iraq to save their own skins politically... What was their service to the country in that instance; because it is the same in every instance... They are guided only by the power of others to misconstrue their actions in the negative... Not one of them has the courage to call a spade a spade, to say for example that the republican party is a collection of ideologues who let their ideas do their thinking without ever stopping to check to see if any of their bright ideas ever serve this people...
Let them have the whole thing, and force them to act responsibly, or meet their irresponsibility with responsibility... Park on the high way, walk away, don't go to work, demand the commonwelath be accounted for, and demand the good for which this country was created... There is no law that people must cooperate with insanity, or stupidity... Reject it... Resist it...

When the republicans have the democrats to give them cover they can do as they please... Remove that power from them... It is better to tell all your neighbors with their republican yard signs, that you are watching them, and you know where they live, and you will think of them every time the candidate of their choice screws up, and that some day, some day they may just be held to account for their stupidity... Those people who say that you have to vote to have the right to complain are wrong... Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil and people know it, and should not participate in it... It is only by rejecting the thing whole that you get to point out the common failures of each party, and there, no one is better than another...All parties should be illegal...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 08:30 pm
A population shares a certain consciousness, for good or ill. (There are exceptions to the rule). For instance, in the recent past, the stereotypes about African Americans were shared by even segments who considered themselves to be above racism. Then a general awakening occurred and the legal protections racism enjoyed were swept away. Such an awareness has not occurred to make your scenario plausible. Perhaps it will one day soon. Perhaps not. The situation on the ground entreats to engage the system just now, to try to make a difference with your voice and your vote.
Fido

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 08:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A population shares a certain consciousness, for good or ill. (There are exceptions to the rule). For instance, in the recent past, the stereotypes about African Americans were shared by even segments who considered themselves to be above racism. Then a general awakening occurred and the legal protections racism enjoyed were swept away. Such an awareness has not occurred to make your scenario plausible. Perhaps it will one day soon. Perhaps not. The situation on the ground entreats to engage the system just now, to try to make a difference with your voice and your vote.

People think they need to organize for change... In fact; they need to disorganize for change... They believe they are individuals... They need to learn to act as individuals, to stand alone; to think for themselves... Everybody trying to hide behind everybody does not work... The more people try to organize, the more they expose themselves as targets... The government is prepared for organization... Even the teabags are open to attack... As the nazis showed, only a dark purpose benefits from organization, and every good purpose loses force in politics... Don't feed your need for change into some others need for power... Screw the parties... Make of your self a speed bump; an impediment... Resist...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:11 pm
The changees I speak of are like a fever of sudden realization that sweeps a nation. Until that happens, its business as usual. There is not much to be done in the meantime, but to speak and act within the sphere of your influence, without getting crazy. What you seem to suggest is, futile.
Fido

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The changees I speak of are like a fever of sudden realization that sweeps a nation. Until that happens, its business as usual. There is not much to be done in the meantime, but to speak and act within the sphere of your influence, without getting crazy. What you seem to suggest is, futile.

Every act of revolution is clearly futile... People do not act out of the clear possiblity of success; but out of pure need for change, which some feel, and most do not, so, whether it takes hold or not is always uncertain... But for some, on the right and the left, the need for change is so clear that they cannot live without acting,,, That is the wonderful thing about the power of government and of majority rule... People can be cut out of their rights, and literally destroyed financially, and they are upset, while their neighbors not suffering the same condition shake their heads and say: bad luck... It is not bad luck... Failure is built into the system, and the great hope in the dark shadow of these days is that enough people will be hurt without being demoralized... And the great danger of these days is that those injured without recourse will join without protest the ranks of the demoralized and the hopeless... These people are powerful, and as powerful in their way as any tyrant; and smarter too... Bankruptcy has been the spur to revolution; but they are smart enough to do as they wish with the money, it all being paper...

But you are a perfect example in following the bad results of one action with the repetition of the same action in the expectation of better results...That is not just hopeless, but ignorant; and I grant you, that as a democrat that your heart is in the right place; but you mind is in your behind...
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:52 pm
@Fido,
Well, get specific. What actions are you taking that we need to be aware of? The teapartiers are taking action, too. But, a leming is as enlightened as the ones I have listened to.
Fido

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Well, get specific. What actions are you taking that we need to be aware of? The teapartiers are taking action, too. But, a leming is as enlightened as the ones I have listened to.

What actions... My actions are inactions, and that is what I urge... Resistence is an art form... Make them deal with you because the only thing keeping the old form alive is the faith that it will be there forever and the fear that it will never die... I offer this advice: Think for yourself, act on your own, do nothing if not certain of good resulting, form new relationships, and talk about what a new constitution would look like, if you were writing it...

The tea party is just a branch of the republicans who take advantage of the anger, but also of the fact that in safe districts they can drive republicans out of office, or so far to the right that even the right will not elect them... Obama tries to govern from the center when there is no center; but republicans and democrats both try to find common ground even when there is none to give the appearance that something positive is getting done... When the republicans can consistently turn every member they have in the house for unanimous votes on even harmless issues, they are organized as democrats will never be...They are like so many spoiled children who will not play if they do not get their way... The message they send is that change will only happen over their dead bodies, but the tea party is even pushing this feeling to the right...They are so idealistic and they believe so much in their hearts that they are right that they want war, and control of the government as a prelude to war... Let them have it, and they will find they are fighting over a corpse, and if they cannot get that corpse to do something good for their districts, that they will be turned out of office...

Disenthrall yourself... Forget this form as a way of achieving good... Remember that there are as many hot heads on the left as on the right, as many people restricted in thought by their ideas... The tea party is like the ante bellum South, which believed its way of life was threatened and condemned as immoral, and they wanted to fight back... In fact, as much as the right of today, they were not threatened as much as threatening, and they had everything going their own way, and it was their success more than their failures that brought a reaction to life...

The tea baggers are teaching america that there is no center between right and left... And they are right, that they are over taxed, but their fight against taxation does a service for all those who keep their wealth unmolested while the poor are robbed to support the government... Everyone wants to be rich, and everyone identifies with the rich, but the rich need to be taxed and to the maximun if the middle class would survive... The tea baggers are blaiming the left for the problems caused by the right...If they had control of the government they would find that they have to support the monster some how, even by borrowing, or by taxation, and the poor have no money, and the rich evade taxation; so only they are left who cannot resist taxation...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 07:47 am
I think we're done here.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:40 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

The tea baggers are teaching america that there is no center between right and left... And they are right, that they are over taxed, but their fight against taxation does a service for all those who keep their wealth unmolested while the poor are robbed to support the government... Everyone wants to be rich, and everyone identifies with the rich, but the rich need to be taxed and to the maximun if the middle class would survive... The tea baggers are blaiming the left for the problems caused by the right...If they had control of the government they would find that they have to support the monster some how, even by borrowing, or by taxation, and the poor have no money, and the rich evade taxation; so only they are left who cannot resist taxation...

I see that you make this bullshit up as you go.
electronicmail

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 11:02 am
@H2O MAN,
He doesn't speak for the Tea Party is for sure.
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 12:15 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

He doesn't speak for the Tea Party is for sure.

No; but who would have themselves portrayed as they are, as cruelty, stupidity, and blindness so long as they could portray themselves as sleek and svelte??? Lenin showed that if you can control the definitions you can control the thought... I am not going to let those opportunists define me out of my liberty...I will agree with the most of them, that things have to change and that government does not work... Apart from that, the new boss, and the new party is no better than the old party, and as long as they keep the likes of Palin as bimbette in chief they ain't going too far...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 12:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

I see that you make this bullshit up as you go.
Your fair tax is bullshit... There is nothing fair about it... It is like calling genocide a solution... It is a euphemism, only... Another word for a lie...
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 01:08 pm
@Fido,
Fido... a proud member of the dumbmasses.
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido... a proud member of the dumbmasses.

Rather than waste any truth on you; let me ask what you think is so fair about the Fair Tax??? What would your concept of fair suggest???
plainoldme

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:43 pm
Frankly, I am very concerned about this election. I had reason to visit a rather upper-class town in my region where I saw signs supporting the Tea Totalitarians as well as the same old Republicans who have run election after election but who are now allying themselves with the Tea wantons.

I would like to vote for Jill Stein, a Green Party candidate for governor, because of the shabby way in which she was treated. Also, it is time for new parties to emerge and they can not emerge from the top down, but must begin by running for municipal and state offices.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:15 pm
@plainoldme,
There is mass panic among so many voters. I hope it all gets settled these next two years, in time for the presidential election.
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:25 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Frankly, I am very concerned about this election. I had reason to visit a rather upper-class town in my region where I saw signs supporting the Tea Totalitarians as well as the same old Republicans who have run election after election but who are now allying themselves with the Tea wantons.

I would like to vote for Jill Stein, a Green Party candidate for governor, because of the shabby way in which she was treated. Also, it is time for new parties to emerge and they can not emerge from the top down, but must begin by running for municipal and state offices.

If you are worried about it then vote; but if it has come down to the lesser of two evils the cause is lost, and there is nothing more to expect from government in the way of good... Look in the preamble of your constitution... Where is the lesser of any two evils written as a goal of government??? We are too far gone with this thing... It is time to start talking with those idiot neighbors of yours, and see what they will settle for in the way of a new constitution???

They don't like this government, and we don't like them... We don't like the government, and they don't like us... I think there is common ground with those idiots just because, if we cannot find it, then the alternative is civil war, because they are so bound and determined to shut down the ability of government to right wrongs that we will only get good out of government over their dead bodies... I don't want that, and I don't think they really want it...I hope they really do not want it, because they are well armed...
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

There is mass panic among so many voters. I hope it all gets settled these next two years, in time for the presidential election.

Ya great... Another chance to vote for Mr. one of them Obama... And they call him a Muslim, and a Communist while he takes it in the butt to save the bankers and corporations... Change my old hairy ass you can can count on...
0 Replies