Men Who Like Cats, Unite!!!!

snood

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:15 pm
I started out as a bonafide dyed in the wool he-man cat hatin dog owner guy. Some of my earliest memories are of our family dog, and for the first 3 decades of my life there was generally always a dog to hang around with (except during the times I was without a home or had circumstances that wouldn't allow me to keep one) from as little as a chihuahua to as big as an Akita. I cried about Big Yeller; I loved Lassie and Rin Tin Tin. But not only that.
I shot at cats with bb guns when I was a kid, and when I heard of cruelty done to cats on Halloween or just for kicks, I don't think it upset me much. Cats seemed to me to be some kind of aberration - dogs were normal. Dogs were lovable and fun to be around and sometimes my best damn friend. Cats were miserable little snobs who made me sneeze and seemed to serve no useful purpose.

But then,
I married a lady who liked cats (my first wife), and had a couple of 'em. I slowly somehow grew out of my allergy to cats (I guess from constant exposure), and during that process, came to see them as interesting little creatures. I gradually started to appreciate the things that make them unique, and instead of comparing them to dogs, I started to like 'em just the way they are. They are not affectionate and loyal and cuddly like dogs, but they can be affectionate and constant and comforting in their own ways. I'm now Bi-loyal: I can go either way - dogs or cats Cool .

So anyway, I keep getting a lot of hateration from people about cats - and specifically about being a man who likes cats. I've noticed that it's sort of an acceptable sneer "Hmmph. A man who has cats?"

Well I am here to say... ARE MALE CAT LOVERS NOT HUMAN? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? I SAY THEE NAY!!!!!!!

The time has come for men who like and have cats to unite!!

Rise up, and throw off the hateful bonds of the unenlightened hoards!

Take to the rooftops and shout proudly for all the world to hear... I have cats, and I am proud!!!!!!!

Man, I gotta stop drinking coffee after dark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 3,828 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:22 pm
@snood,
LOL! I knew it! There was a reason I liked ya from the git go. You is a cat person!!!!!! Be proud, say it loud, I IS A CAT MAN!

But please don't let it get this far:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5455/catmane.jpg

And, yes, that is permanent. He got tattooed, his lips split, new teeth, and those silver pegs around his upper mouth? Those are for his whiskers, as shown below.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5360/whiskersj.jpg

Reyn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:29 pm
@snood,
Count me in as a cat lover, snood! Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:32 pm
I have had some very good cats. My favorite was Samantha, who moved to my present home with me. She was already old. We had a couple of her offspring also. Of those two, one got poisoned and the other one disappeared. Samantha stayed close at home. She was a beautiful calico. Her face was was lovely. Her mouth gave the appearance of wearing black lipstick. She always greeted me with the softest "meow" imaginable. One day I saw she was in distress. I determined to take her to the vet next day. But, that night, she disappeared. Months later, I found her remains in the back of a shed I built out back. I decided against another cat, because I don't like to keep one indoors always, and the neighborhood is inhospitable to them outside.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:43 pm
Cat lover!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 01:12 am
C'mon - there must be more of you.....
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:37 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I started out as a bonafide dyed in the wool he-man cat hatin dog owner guy.

That's a story that could pretty much describe me too (well, all except the part about shooting cats with BB guns -- I never had a BB gun Crying or Very sad ). When I was a kid, our neighbors on both sides of our house had cats. One was an outdoor cat that thought my sandbox was its litter box. The other was a foul-tempered Persian housecat. I took care of it when its owners were out of town, and it just stood there and hissed at me the entire time I was there. So, growing up, I never entertained very positive feelings toward cats. We were a dog family, dammit, and we liked it that way!

Like you, however, a woman entered my life -- a woman with a cat. And, as it turned out, a really cool cat. I went from being hostile to indifferent to enthusiastic (toward the cat, that is -- the woman was an entirely different matter). Now I have two cats of my own. I'd still like to have a dog some day, but cats are a perfect low-maintenance pet for someone who is away from home most of the day. Plus, they provide me with hours of entertainment. I can't imagine life without my little swee' peas.
JPB

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:43 am
@joefromchicago,
ahhhhhh......

you say that now. You weren't quite so nice about it when Clovis took his frustrations out on you instead of the kitty.

The best way to have a cat is to have at least two.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:45 am
@JPB,
Well, in my defense, he was trying to kill me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:59 am
My husband is the biggest cat lover around, and everyone knows it.

I don't understand how some people mistreat and torture cats for fun, but would never think of doing that to a dog, or other animal.
They should burn in hell.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:00 am
I don't know if i like cats or not . . .

. . . i've never eaten one.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:06 am
@JPB,
I've always had at least two for both dogs and cats. They enjoy the company of one of their own and make better pets---most of the time---except for a few ornery outlaws.

When my children were growing up we had a funny farm of five dogs, two cats, 15 Bantam chickens and one rooster, who later was shot while standing on top of our fence crowing at dawn, two rabbits, 7 gold fish, 2 white mice, and one white chicken. At night, the dogs would curl up on their sleeping mat, the cats would squeeze in between the dogs, and the white chicken would climb up the pile and sleep on top of them.

The rabbits and the cats would play hide and seek down a long hall in our home. Animals that are raised with each other usually don't attack each other. One time, our neighbor's baby goose came into our house. One of our cats immediately jumped on it and killed it. I should have know that baby goose inside the house was a different animal than one outside in the open as a protected member of the animal group. I felt very bad about that mistake.

We've all heard of dogs that follow children to school. Well, our white chicken would follow my children to school if they were outside when they left. I, or the kids had to often bring that bird home. The entire group, except the rabbits and gold fish, would follow me to go for walks to the end of the safe culdesac and back where we lived.

We all enjoyed our funny farm and learned so much about animals.

BBB
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 09:59 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
People who state that they actually hate cats have some issues to work out and I cant help em. We have cats and dogs and they both are great little buds. Dogs can be overly dependent while cats dont need this constant reinfocement of your love. Our MAine coon will sleep up againt STasha (the border collie) and they groom each other, yet, when it comes to work, the cat is gone and Stasha is all business.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 10:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Those people need some intervention and analyses quickly .
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 03:48 pm
farmer's standing diagnosis er not - I cannot understand why anyone would willingly own a cat. They don't love you, people! They don't know HOW to LOVE!!!!! Get a dog fer crissakes.
Lash

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 03:49 pm
farmer - your cats are mocking you when your back is turned.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 04:00 pm
@Lash,
see what I mean? shes batshit.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 04:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

farmer's standing diagnosis er not - I cannot understand why anyone would willingly own a cat. They don't love you, people! They don't know HOW to LOVE!!!!! Get a dog fer crissakes.

Can't keep a dog in an apartment with no yard. Too cruel.

Besides, you're incorrect when you say a cat doesn't know how to love. My older cat gives me head-bump kisses when she's happy with me.

Cycloptichorn
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 05:32 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
LAsh doesnt understand the head bump.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

My roland is a loverboy.
He's MY loverboy.
0 Replies