Men Who Like Cats, Unite!!!!

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 06:49 pm
@Lash,
I'm another bi-loyal type, I love cats and I love dogs. Cats are very individual -- I've known some who are totally sloppy loving loyal goofballs, and then some who are the archetypical aloof "how dare you touch me, peasant!" types.

Cats and dogs are plain different. With the exception of some of those first type*, I usually feel like I've earned the respect (or, in rare cases, devotion) of the cat. With dogs, it's usually far less conditional. ("Yay! Food! I love you! Hey a walk too! You're so the best!!")

I do love dogs though too.

*One cat I met on the street came running at me and started winding around my legs and then went into paroxyms of purring when I went ahead and petted him, and gazed at me adoringly, and then when we tried to leave he followed us into our car! (Not TO the car, actually IN the car!) He had a tag so after I shooed him out I took down the number and called later (it wasn't a local area code) just to make sure all was well, and the very bemused owner said that he just goes around falling in love with everyone he meets. But that she lived nearby (she'd moved recently and that was her cell phone number) and he was in her lap at the moment actually. She thanked me for not taking the opportunity to steal him. Smile (I was sorely tempted!)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:15 pm
@snood,
Have some more coffee, great post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:21 pm
@joefromchicago,
Trying to picture joefromchicago in the sandbox.
I had one too, and even have a photo of that somewhere.
My mother hated cats, but I'm female so never mind my advancing on the trail of cat love... except that it involved a man.

margo

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2010 08:31 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I don't know if i like cats or not . . .

. . . i've never eaten one.

They probably taste just like chicken!

You're an evil dog, Set!
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 12:35 am
Have a large property with a lot of trees, my next door neighbor had a fat cat that hunted parrots -honey eaters and many other birds, tried everything to get rid of it. Eventually they moved out, thank goodness always hated cats, hate em even more now.
snood

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 08:23 am
@tenderfoot,
Thanx for sharing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 08:45 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Trying to picture joefromchicago in the sandbox.

I was adorable.
JPB

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 08:50 am
@joefromchicago,
You're still adorable.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 08:53 am
@JPB,
True, but I have far fewer plastic dinosaurs to play with these days.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 10:41 am
When my now wife first move in with me she insisted of bringing two older cats with her.

No only was I a dog person only, her two cats a mother and daughter hated me.

I even ended up buying a joke book by the title of 101 ways if getting rid of your girlfriend cat.

Short and long it somehow I got turn into more of a cat person then my wife and my wife is down to one cat and I am own by five cats!

The newest cat as a kitten a year ago needed to be hand feed by me and we had bonded together as must as I had with any dog.

She follow me around and never allow me out of her sight for more then a few minutes.
Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 12:08 pm
@BillRM,
My favorite BillR post.

Soz' vignette was really sweet; however, I must say that I earned doggie love with Saturday morning scrambled eggs, nightly belly scratchings and effusive adoration...

I believe if I ever met a head-butter like cyclo's, I may change my mind... but I fear I would always look at my cat and think....if you were only a dog, our relationship would be perfect.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 12:12 pm
@Lash,
you need to meet bubba.

she was a Ford kitty. (found on road disassociated)

she cuddles, head butts, knits at my chest, and cleans my beard when I am sleeping.

even my other cat thinks there is something wrong with her.

she loves me.
Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 01:11 pm
@Rockhead,
I am the subject of a grueling intervention. Very Happy
0 Replies