please add a photo of your feline/canine friend/fiend

margo

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 08:11 pm
Here's the long awaited pic of MsOlga's Flattie!

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10065/BIG%20FLATTY-sm.jpg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 08:13 pm
And here's her beloved Rats, who died last year:

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10065/Rats-sm.jpg
0 Replies

kita

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:16 pm
Oh they're gorgeous! Sorry to hear that Rats has gone to the happy hunting ground in the sky! What a lovely self-contained, 'I'm gorgeous' expression. And Flattie... beautiful! And what a set of whiskers! However did that name come about?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:19 pm
never seen a more malevolent looking beast. Like Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:28 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Shocked

Laughing

they are beautiful! specially Flattie and those magnificent whiskers. He looks absolutely gorgeous Very Happy it was worth the wait!

Kita I love that phrase 'being a Buddha!' Very Happy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:31 pm
I was referring to Rats, not Flattie. Flattie is a sweety puss puss.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 05:28 pm
Did Flattie get her name by bringing home lots of roadkill?

Funniest cat story ever. Friend had this cat, never caught anything. One day it's at the door meowing loudly. There on the step was its catch - a long dead and very flat bird from the roadside.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:06 pm
kita wrote:
Oh they're gorgeous! Sorry to hear that Rats has gone to the happy hunting ground in the sky! What a lovely self-contained, 'I'm gorgeous' expression. And Flattie... beautiful! And what a set of whiskers! However did that name come about?

Yes, Flatty is a gorgeous beastie, isn't he? (Totally unbiased, I am! Laughing )
And my Rats was an extremely precious critter, despite his stern image here. He was a loyal one woman cat, followed me everywhere. Quite ravishing, too. Very Happy I still miss him. <sigh>
kita, Flatty is short for Flat Cat ..... He lived in some flats that my ex-partner lived in & was shockingly neglected there. He was rescued ... Stolen might be a more appropriate word. :wink: I doubt he'd be alive now, otherwise, poor baby.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:09 pm
Vivien wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Shocked

Laughing

they are beautiful! specially Flattie and those magnificent whiskers. He looks absolutely gorgeous Very Happy it was worth the wait!

Thank you, Vivien.
Believe it or not, Rats was a real sweetheart .... Though he DID frighten a number of visitors to my house! Laughing I chose to see him as handsome. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:11 pm
Steve, was that a nice thing to say about my Rat Cat? Laughing
I LOVE that photograph! Very Happy Call me biased! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:13 pm
Ms margo, many thanks for helping out a Luddite (who was slowly going nuts Evil or Very Mad Shocked ) by posting the pics of Rats & Flatty for me. Much appreciated! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 08:36 pm
A friend of mine had a decidedly mutated cat. It had six toes and claws on each forepaw, and five on each hindpaw. Two of the toes and claws on the forepaw were very nearly opposed, and could function much like thumbs, especially in view of the claws which could secure the object she desired to drag around. She routinely killed birds, and would drag them to the front porch. One day, to our utter astonishment, she came around the corner, very belabored by dragging a still live blue jay in one paw. She brought it onto the porch after much labor, and then killed it for our delectation. Blue jays have got to be just about the meanest, "fightin'-est" birds around, other than the raptors. You may well imagine our astonishment. Her name was Toes--not because of her bizarre mutation, but because in more relaxed moods, she entertained herself by licking the toes of any human present who happened at the time to be bare footed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 12:42 am
Setanta
How nice to see you again! Welcome back. Very Happy

I had a cat with tendencies like Toes once .... No matter how well fed she was, no matter what devices we used to to warn birds of her presence, a natural born killer she was. Poor birds didn't stand a chance.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:37 am
Olga

No offence to dear departed Rats. Its just that I was staring at his photo whilst holding on the phone....and after a while, you know it just seemed he was staring right back, with a certain look, and I had to put the phone down and make a cup of tea.

Setanta

Polydactyl...I believe. Its a crossed raptor and parrot.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 11:04 am
absolute charmers, both of them you can tell. Then again, I believe thats inherent in all felines in one way or another...my biased opinion certainly...thats okay though Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 12:04 pm
Flatty and my Screech would make nice bookends!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:47 pm
YES--they would! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 04:45 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Olga

No offence to dear departed Rats. Its just that I was staring at his photo whilst holding on the phone....and after a while, you know it just seemed he was staring right back, with a certain look, and I had to put the phone down and make a cup of tea.

Setanta

Polydactyl...I believe. Its a crossed raptor and parrot.

Steve
No offense taken. I understand your persective perfectly.
Yes, he DID have that hypnotic charm, certainly. Very Happy He was a fantastic starer who scared the living daylights out of small children & cat-phobic souls. I alone knew & loved his true, delightful nature. In fact, I was the only person allowed to pick him up. He wouldn't allow another soul that privilege. Ah, a match made in heaven! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 04:46 pm
quinn1 wrote:
absolute charmers, both of them you can tell. Then again, I believe thats inherent in all felines in one way or another...my biased opinion certainly...thats okay though Smile

You speak the truth, quinn! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 04:51 pm
littlek wrote:
Flatty and my Screech would make nice bookends!

Actually, that occurred to be when I saw your Screech pics, littlek. Flatty looks like an older, snagglier version (now) of the innocent & delightful Screech. Very Happy Maybe they're related?
And how are Screech's health difficulties these days, littlek? I hope you haven't had to resort to The ol' Fancy Feast too much! <sigh>
0 Replies