I'm confused by "Wild Turkey"

Infanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:13 pm
“What should be done about leadership succession in case legendary CEO-chairman-president Herb Kelleher keels over from one Wild Turkey too many?”
what's the meaning of "keels over from one Wild Turkey too many"?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:18 pm
dies from being a ******* drunk.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:21 pm
@Infanta,
wild turkey is the brand name of a whiskey.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:22 pm
@Infanta,
Bluevein's right. "Wild Turkey" is the brand name of a bourbon (alcoholic beverage) and "keels over" means "falls down."
0 Replies

Infanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:41 pm
Thank you all very much for your help.
roger

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:45 pm
@Infanta,
Cute avatar.
Infanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 09:55 pm
@roger,
thank you
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 10:39 pm
@Infanta,
Infanta wrote:

“What should be done about leadership succession in case legendary CEO-chairman-president Herb Kelleher keels over from one Wild Turkey too many?”
what's the meaning of "keels over from one Wild Turkey too many"?

I don't want to know, but I do, and he wouldn't be the first and he wouldn't be alone...
Infanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 11:46 pm
@Fido,
eh, sorry, but I really couldn't get your point~~~
Fido

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 11:51 pm
@Infanta,
Infanta wrote:

I wouldn't advertize for them, but there is at least one free regret with every bottle, kind of like the prize in a cracker jack box... That is probably why that ceo guy likes it...My point was personal experience which I would have prefered not if I had knowed better ...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 12:45 am
@Infanta,
Infanta wrote:

Don't let it bother you. Hardly anyone here can ever get any of Fido's so-called points.
Fido

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 05:15 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Infanta wrote:

Don't let it bother you. Hardly anyone here can ever get any of Fido's so-called points.

If you really want to get my point Mary; just pick up the soap... I used to be a drinker, and you must still be a drunk if you don't get my point... Some people never learn..
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 06:26 am
I'm a drinker... but I can have a drink, or no drink, or a couple of drinks. Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic, a drunk. sorry you hada bad experience but no need to take it out on others.
Fido

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:44 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I'm a drinker... but I can have a drink, or no drink, or a couple of drinks. Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic, a drunk. sorry you hada bad experience but no need to take it out on others.

Most of my life I was an asshole, and not entirely by choice as it is for many assholes, but mostly for defense, and I was one guy who should not have had his inhibitions lowered... My natural inclination is toward spontenaity, but I am often imappropriate and offensive; generally over controled, to keep my emotions from getting the better of me, sometime heartlessly cruel and honest... I cannot tell a lie, but I have often told the most cruel of truths to no purpose except injury... So I do not need my inhibitions lowered by wild turkey or what ever is the drink of the day, but I need the walls of inhibition as high as prison walls..........

When I say was, I do mean was an asshole... If I am cruel today, and lash out , not suffering fools in silence it is not because I am blasted... And I have few of the defenses I once lugged around... I have found the points in my life where I really went rotten, and I found my way home, and everyone can... I do not excuse bad behavior with drink... I drink in moderation, and my opinion of humanity has radically changed so that I can relate positively to people, drunk or sober... I just can't handle the hangovers... got to much going
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:52 am
i'm not a big bourbon fan, but i've been confused by other alcohols in the past
Fido

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 08:54 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i'm not a big bourbon fan, but i've been confused by other alcohols in the past

Who hasn't???
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 10:28 am
@Fido,
FYI, Fido -- not that it's any of your business -- if you read my profile, you'll see that I am a "friend of Bill W." Let me explain. That's code for "member of Alcoholics Anonymous." Two days ago -- Sept. 30 -- I observed my 15th anniversary of complete sobriety. Have not had a drink (or druggie substitute) since Sept. 29, 1995.

Why am I tellin g you this? Just so you'll understand that my post, which was somewhat insulting to you, had nothing to do with alcohol or its use or misuse. I was commenting on your extreme inarticulateness and generally fuzzy thinking on many of these threads.

And, btw, the name is Andrew, not Mary. At least learn how to read, clown.

Have a nice day. (Unless you have other plans.)
Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 10:30 am
Fido seems to be a troll in training, and isn't worth replying to--i'm surprised you waste your time, MA.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 10:32 am
@Setanta,
A bit bored this a.m., Set. Thought -- wtf...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 01:44 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

FYI, Fido -- not that it's any of your business -- if you read my profile, you'll see that I am a "friend of Bill W." Let me explain. That's code for "member of Alcoholics Anonymous." Two days ago -- Sept. 30 -- I observed my 15th anniversary of complete sobriety. Have not had a drink (or druggie substitute) since Sept. 29, 1995.

Why am I tellin g you this? Just so you'll understand that my post, which was somewhat insulting to you, had nothing to do with alcohol or its use or misuse. I was commenting on your extreme inarticulateness and generally fuzzy thinking on many of these threads.

And, btw, the name is Andrew, not Mary. At least learn how to read, clown.

Have a nice day. (Unless you have other plans.)

I was having a nice day, and I still am... Sorry if you think my thinking is fuzzy.. You are fuzzy... Hang in there... I am going to watch the game and have a few... But, I know when to stop...
0 Replies