Multi-disciplinary chat Cyber Salon for artists & thinkers?

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 10:09 am
Kayla don't worry we will surely wonder off topic and discuss other artists and other genres, we alsways do.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 07:59 pm
A2k Cyber Art Salon chat scheduled for Sunday, December 22th, 8:00 p.m. EST.

This week's discussion in keeping with the season is the High Renaissance Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo.

Brief History of Renaissance Art

Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 08:04 pm
Joanne- Now yer talking. THOSE artists are folks that even I can understand! Surprised
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 08:13 pm
Great does that mean you will be there. We discussed changing the subject last week to something more traditional and in keeping with the season. Like you I have to bug out for Criminal Intent but I think there will probably be another Christmas show again. I was so disappointed last night re CSI. And Wednesday too.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 02:40 pm
Good choice Joanne...... Smile

Let's hope more people join us this week!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2002 02:47 pm
I was just about start sending out the invites. Glad you approve I would have e-mailed you first but I know how very busy you are.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 03:26 pm
Good chat last night even if we did get off topic, nice to see more
participants joining in.... Joanne, great proposal for discussion. How about we continue with the big 3 after New Year's since there is so much to discuss?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 03:27 pm
Ho Ho Ho! Season's Greetings Everyone!!!!!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:39 pm
Sounds good to me
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 12:34 pm
A2k Cyber Art Salon chat scheduled for Sunday, December 29th, 8:00 p.m. EST.

This week's discussion in keeping with the season is the High Renaissance Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo. Back by popular demand.

The Renaissance In Art - History

Renaissance

Titian
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:30 pm
Good chat last night even if I found myself bounced from the room!
We missed you JD!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:38 pm
We are scheduled again for Sunday, January 5, 2003. I promise to rememer what time zone I am in. That way I will probably be there on time instead of an hour late.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:39 pm
Bellini, Giovanni

http://humanities.ucsd.edu/pix/bellini.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:43 pm
Dang, I tried to get in this past Sunday. I was finally awake and not on the phone at the right time. Will try to stay awake again this week.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:45 pm
Promises, promises Beth eh. I was awake but signed in at 8:00 p.m Texas time which is not EST but CST, fashionably late, not missed the whole deal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:31 pm
Joanne, I love Bellini, very nice site. Have you been to Venice? I have, but missed a lot. Sigh.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:42 pm
Are you kidding, never ever have I been to Europe. Just today though I was thinking that with air fair dropping, fear of war, and the rotten weather I might get some good prices if I went before June. I have a passport but I have only been to Japan, Korea, and Bejing. And of course Canada and Mexico.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 08:32 pm
Joanne, you gotta go, talk to me, pm me. I didn't go until I was 47. Been three times now, but haven't seen anywhere near enough.

I am hovering in chat, but I don't know how to hover and do anything else. Bye.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 11:02 pm
I was there in Chat Room tonight for about 45 minutes. Dyslexic checked in and then disappeared. I gave up about 10 EST.

so what is the deal? Did I miss an hour's worth of talk about Michaelangelo? Are we all afraid of having to say something smart about Michaelangelo?

Is there a way to keep posting if no one comes to the chatroom, besides closing out?

Do those of us who want to keep this going have to be there the whole two hours in case a new person checks in and there is no one there for him?

I think we all need to know to check in and just wait - isn't that right? or to try a few times, to let there be room for another person to check in too.

I still think a Sunday night chat is a good idea.

osso
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 09:14 am
Dear Osso and all:
sorry I didn't make it last night.....flu ish and no energy at all.

I would like to see the chat continue, but am not sure we have to
have a topic every week. Perhaps we should highlight one artist a month instead and chat informally. There is lots to discuss besides artists anyhow, from techniques to shows to past, present and future.....

It may be better to start the chat an hour later. I know that for
some....like hebba....the time zone is all wrong, which is a
shame.....

Anyhow.....next week, I'd like to tell you about some experimental
prints I am doing after the encaustics!
0 Replies