Multi-disciplinary chat Cyber Salon for artists & thinkers?

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 05:57 pm
Is anyone interested in a multi-disciplinary cyber salon chat which focuses upon a topic du jour proposed by its patrons?

My proposal is to meet next Sunday Dec 8, 8pm (Eastern Standard Time) to discuss the ramifications of British artist Damian Hirst's new art work which will go to Mars on the next European Space Agencies Mars express mission in June of next year.

Is this a good time to meet and how often would you be interested in live cyber chat which focuses in a multi disciplinary context on current issues?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,044 • Replies: 99
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 06:05 pm
Oh gosh shepaints, I sent out a bunch of invitations for tonight, just a get to know you kind of thing. Yikes, see what happens when you deal with an old union organizer, just organized the hell out of a chat for tonight. Well anyway what can I say. I will be there tonight and will advertise for next week too.
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:37 am
Hi Everyone,
I will try to make it. I may be working at the gallery at that time, but I'll try to get on from there.
Kayla
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:44 am
Great news kayla.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:11 pm
To help us get started you can view paintings and other Hirst work.

Damian Hirst
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:16 pm
Well, Damian Hirst is a bit esoteric for me, but I will try to pop by and put my two cents in, for what it is worth! Smile
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:17 pm
An online bio of Hirst
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:26 pm
Checking out the site, thinking I might be in over my head, but not giving up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
Phew, it's a bit easier going after the first page.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:34 pm
No it is not over your head and besides shepaints will be there to guide us through it.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:35 pm
And JLNobody, and Kayla, and Ossobuco, and Danon5, and Morganwood, have already RSVP for this Sunday.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:37 pm
Great- I took Art History 101, but when I took the course Hirst was 8 years old, and hadn't done much yet! Surprised
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:43 pm
You left before shepaints finally was able to log in, she is just at chatty as we are. And Ossobuco to, it was her first time in chat and she did have some fun and confusion, you know when we all talked at once. Embarrassed
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:27 pm
Hi all! Great to see interest in cyber salon Sunday......Looking forward to this!

Joanne, thanks for the links re: Damian Hirst.... Should we post this invitation elsewhere so that people in fields other than the arts get the invite?

I have just come in from Toronto....It is so pretty downtown with the Christmas lights lit up and some snow on the ground!

Yes, I like to chat.....During a period of "finding myself" in my early twenties, my mother insisted that I also find touch typing and bookkeeping (in lieu of room and board).....I lasted 2 months....Who would have thought years later touch typing would pay off?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:32 pm
Yikes, you made it into town! You've seen the Christmas displays and I haven't, and i'm right here! I will go back and look at the Hirst site again. It really seems like a great idea - the Cyber Salon, especially with some artists to lead the way.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:32 pm
Could one drop in to just listen and learn?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:45 pm
Listeners and learners very, very welcome, your choice whether you want to be silent or participate with your honest opinions. No rights or wrongs here....just a free for all discussion......
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:49 pm
Count me in, if I'm on the net! LOL - when am I not. ;-)
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 02:24 pm
shepaints:

I would be very interested in joining you. How does one meet with you?--I am a newbie on A2K.

JoanneDorel: Thanks for the link to Hirst's work. Interesting!

I'm interested in art, but am "just hatched" into doing water colors (as well as on A2K).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 03:16 pm
estrella - welcome to A2K. Hope to see you at the 'salon/chat'. At the appointed date and time (Sunday Dec 8, 8pm (Eastern Standard Time)) - arrive at A2K - head to the home page - look on the left side of the screen - the entrance to the chat is there.
0 Replies