Multi-disciplinary chat Cyber Salon for artists & thinkers?

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 04:56 pm
Estrella welcome to A2k and to the cyber art salon.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 05:04 pm
Thank you! See you there!
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:11 am
Welcome aboard Estrella....looking forward to meeting you
and everyone else who is interested in Cyber Salon chat on Sun!!!!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 12:45 pm
Okay -- that works for me.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 06:16 pm
Estrella, welcome to a2k and for starting out with such a good idea. This is something I'm looking forward to, especially when it allows those of us who know little about art to listen in or participate when we feel comfortable.

My son is at the school at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts (loving it) and I am trying to learn as much as I can about modern art, so this is exactly what I need!

Not sure I'll be around at 8:00 this Sunday but, if not, I hope there will be more of these chats.

Thanks Joanne, for the links and for letting me know about this--you are the maven of organizing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 07:24 pm
Hey JD, thanks for letting me know about the chat. Usually, that's about when Mr. Jespah and I have some time together, so I probably won't be able to make it, but I'll try.

I wish you well and I hope, as everyone gets used to the chat room, that they have fewer problems with it. Anyone with problems with the chat, please send a note to support with the specific problem and I'll do what I can.
0 Replies

firenze pensaforte

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 08:07 pm
I will make great effort to be there. Thankyou for the invite.
I'm a bit confused about the topic...is it that great Merton quote?
Or something else? Again, thankyou, firenze.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 08:10 pm
firenze - the Merton quote is part of Joannedorel's regular signature.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:02 pm
art
JD, thanks for the invitation. I will surely try, once I figure out the time zone differences. So glad to see Firenze among us.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 11:08 pm
JLN 8:00 pm EST would be 6:00 MST
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:17 am
Welcome Firenze and JL......Here is an article re the topic which I posted elsewhere?......

London
Damien Hirst, the British artist who pickled a shark and displayed sliced livestock preserved in formaldehyde, is heading for outer space.

Hirst showed off his latest creation Thursday: a tiny painting commissioned as part of a Martian mission.

The palm-sized artwork, a miniature version of one of Hirst's multi-coloured spot paintings, is t be aboard the European Space Agency's Mars Express mission next year.

The mission will carry a British landing probe, Beagle 2, designed to search the planet's surface and atmosphere for signs of past or present life .

Hirst's work has a utilitarian function - the brightly coloured dots embedded in an aluminum plate will be used instead of a standard colour chart to calibrate the probe's instruments after it lands on Mars.

"Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought about making an artwork that would actually travel to
the red planet," said Hirst, 37.

Beagle 2 - named after the ship that carried Charles Darwin on his 1830's voyage of exploration -
will carry a song by the British band Blur that will be relayed back to mission control to signal the probe's landing on Mars.

The mission is to blast off from Kazakhstan in June and land on Mars six months later.......

Associated Press
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:30 am
That's 5:00 Pacific time right? Should be an interesting chat. Thanks for the topic.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:00 am
Is this where we come to participate.This page?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:21 am
Aligis go to the chat room on the homepage of A2k and we will be there. It will be real time discussion.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 02:49 pm
Yes kayla 5:00 p.m. PST
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 02:57 pm
This sounds interesting!

Thank you for the invitation, JoanD.
I will be watching on & off from Oz, in between moving & setting up a new home. Right now I can't really participate in anything much unrelated to the big move.

All the best with it! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 03:31 pm
I'll try to check into the chat later - It prolly won't be until after it's well under-way!

Thanks for the invite JD
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 04:17 pm
Hi, Diane,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure which idea you are talking about, though....?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 07:41 pm
Grrrrr.....Tried to get into chat without any luck. When I clicked on 'enter' a window would open and I could see some messages, but couldn't post. I went through both aol and internet explorer.

I'l check back here later. Hopefully, you all will give a report of how it went. Sigh.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:06 pm
This is a small picture of Hirst's spot art, but it gives you an idea of what it is:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,850106,00.html
0 Replies