Multi-disciplinary chat Cyber Salon for artists & thinkers?

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:09 pm
AOL users might have trouble with the chat because of the way AOL rotates the IP proxies like mad.

I'll eventually code another entrance for AOL users but it will have to wait as it will basically be a whole new chat room that writes to the same message files.
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:09 pm
Here's the BBC's pic of Hirst's spot art--and it can be enlarged to get a better view:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/2522417.stm
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:40 pm
P.S. Looks like a space palette to me..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 09:49 pm
Craven, thanks. I tried to get in through Internet Explorer, but still no success. So near, yet so far.

Estrella, space palette sounds pretty good to me.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 10:49 pm
Sorry you could not get in Diane, we ended up chatting for over two hours again.

CDK - it was better this week for us, crowded room and all.

Estrella you are fun, thanks for the link to space palette and thanks for joining us.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 11:26 pm
I was there for a few minutes but got booted out of the room and couldn't get back in. It sounded interesting, although I'm not very well informed about that kind of art. Mainly, I'm posting this so those of you who were there know I didn't just leave suddenly. I'm glad you had a good time!
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 04:18 am
Great chat. Sorry I had to leave. Saatchi did give Hirst the $ for the shark. What's up for next week?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 09:00 am
shepaints had to leave and I asked for volunteers and everyone took a big step backwards. I will contact shepaints and see what she has in mind. I do know that shepaints is really busy right now getting ready for a show and may not have the time. Kayla do you have any suggestions?
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 10:23 am
kiki smith?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:33 am
Hi everybody. I am so sorry to have missed the chat. I actually had a date, which, let me tell you, is r a r e. Plan to make it for the next one.
Kiki Smith? New for me, although I've heard the name. We could pair some artists...what does Kiki do?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:38 am
Sorry I missed the chat, also -- had unexpected company.

Ossobucco:

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/smith_kiki.html
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:44 am
....great to meet you all last Sunday and to become
more familiar with shockoholic Damien Hirst.... looking forward to
the next session re: Kiki Smith!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 11:57 am
Shepaint's Kiki Smith is the topic for this coming Sunday?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 03:43 pm
chat
What is the time and date of the Kiki Smith chat?
0 Replies

firenze pensaforte

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:53 am
As a progressive I must admit that Hirst is a bit too reliant on realism for my taste. In addition, when he makes a hypothetical statement about Martians loving his work IF they have eyes, it reminds me of us earthhumans knowing what God does and thinks and feels and says, and spending a lot of time with this knowledge.
Now, I do feel that when some artist is able to change the color
of all the water splashing over and down in Niagara Falls, say to
cadmium yellow or orange or some sparkling violet...and we can take the boat through it at the Fall's bottom, we really will find the artist of the 21st century...an artist who thinks really big.
As for Hirst, if all wanted beauty in their death, would there be enough corpses to nourish all the forests and gardens of the earth.
His thinking could be dangerous, destructive to natural beauty. Is this a case for the Sierra Club?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 07:53 am
A2k Cyber Art Salon Chat on is scheduled for Sunday, December 15th 8:00 p.m. EST. Hope you can attend. This Sunday we will discuss Kiki Smith, American sculptor and Conceptual artist Kiki Smith.

Kiki Smith Exhibition

Information On Kiki Smith
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:03 am
I can't figure out if Hirst thinks too much or too little. I read an interview he did with The Guardian and he seemed very pompous and angry. Smug? His work doesn't shock me. It's a bit puzzling that someone wants to cut up animals and put them in a show, but it's not shocking. Maybe we should let morticians critique his work. As for KIKI discussion, I don't think we made a sure thing decision on that. I just suggested her. What do you guys think?
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:10 am
I saw her work just now and I´d discuss it if I were awake.Your scheduled chat times are the middle of the night for me.
I´m not THAT fanatical.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:11 am
Did you see shepaints post above Kayla, I thin Kiki is a good choice she is more traditional but still modern. Do you have other suggestions we certainly can add other artists.
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 09:05 am
Kiki it is then.
0 Replies