On the wings of a snow-white dove

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 11:29 am
@Diane,
Here's what Cyclo wrote:

Quote:
Fuckin' haters will never win; they'll never defeat the rest of us. It's the beauty of America.

Who are these "haters?"

Pretty clear that they are (at the very least) people who want to destroy Korans.

Do you agree with Cyclo that these are the people who are trying to "defeat the rest of us?"

Which people represent a greater threat to our lives, our prosperity and our freedom? Koran burners or Islamist suicide bombers?

Now I suppose someone is going to argue that Cyclo was including the the latter as "haters," but a sensible reading of his post proves otherwise.

I've no problem with anyone who opposes Koran burners. They're harmless but idiotic and deserve no support beyond Freedom of Speech issues.

I also have no problem with anyone arguing that all Muslims are not murderous extremists. Obviously, this is the case.

Where I do have a problem is when those who want to argue on behalf of the majority of Muslims insist on attempting to establish some sort of moral equivalency between the worst of modern Islam and Koran burners.

Hate is self-destructive, but it certainly can and has led to the destruction of others. People burning Korans because they hate Muslims are not a measurable threat to those they so despise. People flying planes into buildings or parking cars full of explosives in Times Square, on the other hand...
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 11:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Which people represent a greater threat to our lives, our prosperity and our freedom? Koran burners or Islamist suicide bombers?

Koran burners do, of course. Because it's these assholes who rile up the Suicide bombers for no good reason other than to whip Conservatives up into a lather and provoke a war, one that they wish to see happening.

By the way, Finn, it's not just Koran burners; you're one of the fuckin' haters. Did you know that? You promote fear and greed as a preferred way of life. And you won't win either - your worldview is steadily being replaced by mine, and that isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 09:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Quote:

Koran burners do, of course. Because it's these assholes who rile up the Suicide bombers for no good reason other than to whip Conservatives up into a lather and provoke a war, one that they wish to see happening.

By the way, Finn, it's not just Koran burners; you're one of the fuckin' haters. Did you know that? You promote fear and greed as a preferred way of life. And you won't win either - your worldview is steadily being replaced by mine, and that isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Cycloptichorn

The extent of your idiocy is breathtaking.

If it is the height of idiocy to equate Koran burners with Suicide Bombers, then how to describe someone who believes they are worse?

Thanks Goodness I still participate in A2K or I may not have realized, otherwise, that I am one of the "fuckin' haters."

No Cyclo, I didn't know I was one until I read your post, but now that I do what can I possibly do to rehabilitate myself and join your following? Undergo a lobotomy?

If your worldview is bound to dominate, then the producers of the movie Idiocracy are true prophets.

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 11:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I'm not going to answer every question, but I will try to give you an idea of why I agree with much of what Cyclo says.

IMO, the Koran burners are pretty much dumb as dirt and are not likely to impact the safety of our country, but the huge, powerful religious organizations are a true and present danger because they are working toward changing this country's Constitution, as are the huge corporations. And look at their success with the Supreme Court, granting those huge corporations the status of being individual voters.

Look at Timothy McVeigh and his friends, bombing a federal building with the same malice as the suicide bombers, giving no thought to the day care facility and the innocent people they murdered in cold blood. These people are American citizens, allowed to go to any part of this country, form groups whose main purpose is destruction of our country. Why isn't law enforcement working to track down these groups as hard as they are in locating terrorist cells?

Our Constitution has been crumpled to the point of becoming illegible because of powerful forces using the Court to do their bidding. If they are ignored, then what will be left of this country when and if more suicide bombers come back? Will there be anything left worth protecting if we have already self-destructed, if the cancer has metastasized from the inside?

Sigh, this reminds me why I seldom post on political threads. I know none of what I have said will make any difference to you and that you will pick apart every word without giving a thought to my reasoning simply because it doesn't support your reasoning. And, I admit, the opposite is true.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 09:53 am
@Diane,
Diane, I wish the American people had the will to impeach the conservative members of the Supreme Court. They made a terrible political decision, which has created great damage to our waning democracy. I think their decision is unconstitutional. They have given the corporate leaders two votes, one for their corporation and one as an individual at their home. What could allow them two votes when we get only one under our constitution?

BBB

Diane

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:06 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Agreed.
That we even need to consider the question shows how far away from the Constitution we have traveled.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:16 am
@Diane,
This Court has made two terrible decisions: Giving George W. Bush the presidency, and the recent corporate two voting rights. The conservative members of the court have betrayed the American people by making political decisions.

BBB
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 10:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Thanks Goodness I still participate in A2K or I may not have realized, otherwise, that I am one of the "fuckin' haters."

Yes, you did know it before I said anything. I'm quite sure of this; your various comments and opinions expressed here over the years make it quite clear. You just don't give a ****.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 01:29 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB, Dys and I talked about this and he reminded me that, without the Court, in its present form, this country really would fall apart.

This subject is too complex for me to take part in. I don't know nearly enough to be rational instead of emotional in my posts. Dys knows as much about the Supreme Court as most, so I bow to his position.

Any post by me, referring to the Supreme Court, would not add a useful or constructive word to the thread and would be like jumping in without having anything to offer.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 04:40 pm
@Diane,
Miss Diane I hope you are feeling better. It's good to see you again.
Diane

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2010 08:54 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae, I am feeling better. Thank you for asking. Good to see you, as well.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 02:52 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

Finn, I'm not going to answer every question, but I will try to give you an idea of why I agree with much of what Cyclo says.

IMO, the Koran burners are pretty much dumb as dirt and are not likely to impact the safety of our country, but the huge, powerful religious organizations are a true and present danger because they are working toward changing this country's Constitution, as are the huge corporations. And look at their success with the Supreme Court, granting those huge corporations the status of being individual voters.

Look at Timothy McVeigh and his friends, bombing a federal building with the same malice as the suicide bombers, giving no thought to the day care facility and the innocent people they murdered in cold blood. These people are American citizens, allowed to go to any part of this country, form groups whose main purpose is destruction of our country. Why isn't law enforcement working to track down these groups as hard as they are in locating terrorist cells?

Our Constitution has been crumpled to the point of becoming illegible because of powerful forces using the Court to do their bidding. If they are ignored, then what will be left of this country when and if more suicide bombers come back? Will there be anything left worth protecting if we have already self-destructed, if the cancer has metastasized from the inside?

Sigh, this reminds me why I seldom post on political threads. I know none of what I have said will make any difference to you and that you will pick apart every word without giving a thought to my reasoning simply because it doesn't support your reasoning. And, I admit, the opposite is true.

Diane, my bet is that you are a well intentioned, warm hearted person, but you could not be more wrong; in so many ways. As you've noted, there really is no point in explaining why, although I would be happy to do so if you asked me to. You won't though, because where once you may have been an open minded free thinker, challenging all the crap the groups falling under the umbrella of The Establishment tried to feed you, now you hunger for it as an infant hungers for pablum.

A leftist bemoaning the dilution of the Constitution is about as ironic as it can get, but I've no doubt you truly embrace your delusion.

No matter what reality shouts at you, you are going to cling to the belief that American Corporations, Baptists and one-off Right wing maniacs like Timothy McVeigh present a greater danger to America than foreign born or foreign influenced fanatical madmen.

I suppose you earn for yourself some measure of comfort born of self-congratulatory moralisim, and I hope it makes you feel good - I really do.

I've no quarrel with you personally, except to the extent that you enable the Leftists who are betraying you.

Be happy.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 03:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You insult one of the finest, most moral woman that I've come to know. Them's fighting words!

BBB
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 05:22 pm
Finn, I'm afraid you are the one out in left field on this one, or is it right field?
At any rate Diane is right on in her thinking. You are not.

Wrong, misguided actions in the quest for some greater self-righteous good is evil, regardless of the goal. This is true for extreme Muslims and Christians who burn books with the simple intent to incite anger and hatred.

You may seem one as more harmful, but in the end they are both wrong.

Zealots are the enemy of freedom, regardless of their message or the color of their flag. Even if they are on the Supreme Court.

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 06:56 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB, Finn didn't insult me. I feel his reply was, for him, quite even-handed. The pablum kind of thinking on his part was an arbitrary personal opinion and has nothing to do with me.

Remember, I am sixty seven years old and a tough old bird. I never get angry with Finn except when he tears into Dys. That's when I want to kick him in the shins (or other places I won't mention here).

IR Frank, nice to meet you. I R Diane. (can't help it, really. I know it can be irritating).
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:21 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRA Frank

I'm afraid you're wrong.

I am right and you and Diane are wrong.
You are wrong in your thinking...wrong, wrong, wrong!

(Pretty juvenile response don't you think? If so, take another look at your post)

Koran burning and people killing may both be "wrong," but CLEARLY they are not equally harmful.

That you can't seem to recognize the enormous distinction speaks volumes about your world view...and your politics.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
He can just smell a rat, is all, Finn. You don't seem to realize that the odor trails you wherever you go here - its obvious even to those who don't have the pleasure of reading your years of hateful posts.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:27 pm
@Diane,
I certainly understand and appreciate your support for your man, but if you're honest you will admit dys gives as good as he gets.

But then maybe you both think he's sweetness and light concentrated in a wrinkled old package.

Besides, now that I know dys appreciates rare literary masterpieces, I have sworn off razzing him. Can't be sure he won't beg me to re-engage, but I'll be trying.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I had not intention of insulting Diane, and if she doesn't feel insulted, she wasn't.

Sorry, but your assessment of people's character doesn't hold much weight for me. Not saying you're wrong about her, just that I really don't care what you think.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 06:44 pm
I've been ignoring this thread but I am glad that I read it today. I was reminded of how much I like BBB and Diane.
0 Replies