On the wings of a snow-white dove

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
A crazy pastor in Amarillo, TX held a public rally in order to burn a copy of the Koran on Sunday; when, from nowhere, a 23-year old hippie snuck up behind him on a skateboard, grabbed it, and ran away - eventually delivering the book to the local mosque, where they were happy it was not burned.

Hippies. Is there anything they can't do?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:32 am
I like hippies.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:05 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Just so the USA doesnt feel it monopolises all the idiots, we have an aethist lecturer from QUT smoking pages from the Koran and Bible on utube with grass clippings rolled in them.
Yayy !! He was suspended pending a review of bringing the Univesity into ill repute !
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
a 23-year old hippie snuck up behind him on a skateboard, grabbed it, and ran away - eventually delivering the book to the local mosque, where they were happy it was not burned.
Now that made me happy ! Well done, hippie !
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 04:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Here's an action shot of the dude running away with the Koran.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/thegetaway.jpg

Go dude! Fight those Fascist fuckers!

Cycloptichorn
littlek

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
Great story. What's his t-shirt say?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 04:50 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Great story. What's his t-shirt say?

It says, "I'm in Repent Armadillo, No Joke." Which is the name of the group who was going to burn the Koran.

Cycloptichorn
littlek

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 08:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I'm in Repent Armadillo, No Joke.

Which part of this was the name?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 09:15 pm
@littlek,
None of it is his name.

Cycloptichorn
Rockhead

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 09:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
yeah, that would be a funny name, even for a hippie...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:05 pm
@joefromchicago,
Joe, the only thing hippies cannot do is remember the sixties...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:10 pm
@JPB,
JPB, one of my life long favorites.

Says it all.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn, thank you for showing good people--just people wanting to get along.
john2054

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:53 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Yay go Hippie!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 07:14 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cyclo - you said that what was written was the name of the church group. The whole thing is the name of the group/church?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 08:36 am
Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people...

City plans to bill $180 000.00 pastor for security around planned Quran burning.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/17/florida.quran.pastor/index.html
JPB

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 09:34 am
@Ceili,
what an ass!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:07 pm
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

Cycloptichorn, thank you for showing good people--just people wanting to get along.

Good people, just wanting to get along

Admirable, however there are many, many bad people who not only don't want to get along, but want to kill the people who do.

So let's celebrate the ones who do, but it is idiotic to put any faith in them as the answer to the threat of those who want to destroy us, and have proven they have the will and means to attempt to achieve their goal.

I wouldn't have such a problem with the so-called anti-war left if they didn't allow their progressive ideology and partisan stereotyping to so influence their pacificism. Likewise, their sense of tolerance.

Someone who promises to burn a Koran shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with someone who kills someone because of their twisted interpretation of the Koran.

This is the post-modern, self-loathing, and childish nonsense that insists: "We're not so great!" "We have our religious extremists too!"

Diane

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 11:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This is the post-modern, self-loathing, and childish nonsense that insists: "We're not so great!" "We have our religious extremists too!"

Finn, I thanked Cyclo for posting about good people because the world news is deplorable. I see greed and corruption on both sides of the aisle in our country and in every other government.

I get depressed. I'm neither naive nor childish nor, I would bet, are the other posters on this thread. Reading that there are good people going about their lives with so little attention, helps me escape the cynical fog that is so prevalent.

That truth, to me, is just as important as rolling around in the dirt and corrution that surrounds us so loudly, from every direction, that it is often impossible to hear about, or see, what is good and constructive right there beside us.
Ionus

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 08:15 am
@Diane,
Quote:
Reading that there are good people going about their lives with so little attention, helps me escape the cynical fog that is so prevalent.

That truth, to me, is just as important as rolling around in the dirt and corrution that surrounds us so loudly, from every direction, that it is often impossible to hear about, or see, what is good and constructive right there beside us.
Well said.
0 Replies