Sarah Palin the Sound and the Fury (Vanity Fair)

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 03:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The same sort of forces that put Bush in the White House are at work here.
When the democrat party does too much have the favor or the right reactionaries, they give away office and the right of office...There is nothing so foolish as those who know the system does not work continuing to throw our lives and energy into making it work... The right wants everything... They want the common wealth and all the rights that goes with it, but for those who own nothing they want no expectation of having anything except out and out slavery... This people has got to take a look at itself and the ideals it grew out of... Does liberty and justice for all mean anything; because with justice goes wealth, and with wealth goes liberty...We cannot expect to have the ideals without the means..
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 05:40 pm
@rabel22,
So was a short, crazy man in Germany years ago.
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:12 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

So was a short, crazy man in Germany years ago.

No one would believe that story is true except that it happened... There was a great antidemocratic spirit in Germany, a lot of frustration, a lot of anti semitism, the great depression, and there was hindinburg who pretty much handed it all to hitler because he did not want to embrace the obvious solution of taxing the great Junker estates into liquidity which would also have put much land into the hands into the landless who cried for change...
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:28 pm
It is sadly bemusing to note the vitriol directed here at Palin, by folks who claim to believe that she is stupid and unelectable. What possible harm could she then do to you?

It is also bemusing to note the hypocrisy of most of you here, who have in other conversations bitterly complained about the character attacks on President Obama from some of those who oppose him. Could it be that you are all as loonie and unhinged as all the "righties" you so condescendingly criticize for precisely the same behavior as your own.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:44 pm
I saw an excellent production of Richard III today. The play includes a scene in which Richard is being begged to accept the crown, a situation he created. While the masses are "begging"Richard, taking their cue from plants in the crowd, Richard is closeted with two clergyman. He appears on a balcony, flanked by the clergymen,holding a prayer book.

It sounds like politicians in the 15th C were just as hypocritical and that god was as abused then as he is now and that the great unwashed were just as gullible.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:19 pm
@plainoldme,
Precisely who are "the great unwashed"? Could they have been Obama voters in 2007?
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:25 pm
@georgeob1,
What crap. I don't think Palin is stupid. She's made what $13M in a couple years? She seems to have the media thing down pretty good. Unelectable? Evidently she is electable. I didn't make any character attacks, perhaps the article that started this thread did. I do wonder what people see in her. Does her record not matter? Is it ok that she quit on the people of Alaska after what, 2 1/2 years? Why? Either to avoid ethics charges or to make a lot of money.

The problems I have with Palin is that she is all rhetoric and no substance. Almost every statement she makes, to me, seems 100% emotional and lacking any critical thinking at all. That's the same problem I have with those who attack Obama on an emotional level without any justification or knowledge.

We need real, visionary leadership right now. I don't see that from Ms. Palin. All this talk of taking back the country and saving the constitution is misguided patriotism. That is the exact mindset that existed in Germany during the Wiemar Republic.

I am worried because I think she actually may be electable. Then what? Who will really be leading this country? Sarah and Todd ?

I am not angry at Sarah, she is just cashing in. I do wonder what those who cheer her on are thinking, if at all.
rabel22

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:33 pm
@georgeob1,
Remember George Bush!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:49 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I saw an excellent production of Richard III today. The play includes a scene in which Richard is being begged to accept the crown, a situation he created. While the masses are "begging"Richard, taking their cue from plants in the crowd, Richard is closeted with two clergyman. He appears on a balcony, flanked by the clergymen,holding a prayer book.

It sounds like politicians in the 15th C were just as hypocritical and that god was as abused then as he is now and that the great unwashed were just as gullible.

People usually have the good sense to realize their situation will not improve either way, but that civil war disimproves everyones situation in a hurry... That is why Augustus was so love... People wanted to devote themselves to his genius.. He brought peace and stability...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:55 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Precisely who are "the great unwashed"? Could they have been Obama voters in 2007?
This society limited democracy before the parties gained power and gave another level of inertia to the megalith... It was because the intelligent did not trust the poor to govern in theirs and the best interest of the country... So we do not have democracy because the people were ignorant, and because they have no political power there is no need to educate them... But then, the parties who have balanced the divided people against each other must fear the slightest shift in public opinion that may get out of hand and sweep them all away...
Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 10:28 pm
@IRFRANK,
There is a whore house in texas and money in politics... I know I should be surprised, even offended, but I'm not...Palin is an opportunist, and for that reason she would throw her own children on the altar of ambition and cut their hearts our... She uses them to the limit... Where was she when hollywood was knocking up her baby??? What she does not realize, and what none of the butt wadds realize is that there are at least as many on the left mad as hell and not going to take it anymore...People have lost their respect for the law, for each other, and themselves...If they ever saw a picture of themselves in full squat for the boss they would die of shame... Or kill for it... That is the danger, that after they have laid everything on the line, been stuffed to the limit that they will find it was all for nothing and they are **** canned with the slugs... All it would take is a few to come unglued to set the rest off like a six pack of nitro... Palin and crew are playing a dangerous game...They match tossin in the firworks factory, and just too stupid to know it...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 10:29 pm
@IRFRANK,
Sam Johnson said that money is never made, always earned or minted... Stolen too...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 11:34 pm

Who is Sarah Palin?

Is she the woman who said she could see Rusia from her kitchen window? Lame brain and lipstick?
Fido

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 12:44 am
@McTag,
Quote:
McTag wrote:

Who is Sarah Palin?

Is she the woman who said she could see Rusia from her kitchen window? Lame brain and lipstick?
And legs... It is that voice... It is some kind of nerve poison... The right eats it like candy, and it makes me want to puke... I can't exactly tell you what she says... It all sounds as pleasant as your grandmother talking about sexual intercourse... You want to say: Shut up gramma, but you don't want to aspirate your vomit...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 07:51 am
@georgeob1,
Actually I have a lot of respect for Palin as a politiician. She knows how to work it to her advantage without having to have any real answers or even basic knowledge of anything really. Credit where credit is do and all that.

Fido

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:33 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Actually I have a lot of respect for Palin as a politiician. She knows how to work it to her advantage without having to have any real answers or even basic knowledge of anything really. Credit where credit is do and all that.

One thing you can't give anyone is ambition, but if they have that they will take everything they can lay hands on...Ability or not... The other side of that is that no one can get elected to intelligence... In or out of office G. W. Bush was a dim wit, and apart from hating him for that fact, the religious right reactionaries knew by his fruit that he was one of theirs...Clintons greatest crime was not bad taste in women, but intelligence... For that reason he was called slick.. And he is, but when did that become a crime??? Is that what I should want; Some one as dumb as me in exactly the same way as me to lead me in life and death matters??? Why not flip a coin, and let fate decide every issue???
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:35 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

This society limited democracy ...and gave another level of inertia to the megalith...

You're such a transparent fraud - you can't even memorize the verbiage you're trying to regurgitate; check with wherever you get your party line - they probably speak of a monolith, not a "megalith" (sic) and they can't be talking about "adding levels" to inertia unless they're as ignorant of the second law as you are. In the circumstances I would actually worry if you had anything good to say about Mrs Palin - fortunately you don't.
High Seas

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:41 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Palin as a politiician. ...... without having to have any real answers or even basic knowledge of anything really....

In your view then there are politicians you can name with "real answers" and "basic knowledge of anything"? Please list them.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:47 am
@High Seas,
Neat trick to take the focus away from Palin.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 08:54 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, I'm shocked. Do you really think some posters prefer to redirect a topic? You are right! Annoying, aren't they?

BBB