Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:36 pm
CoastalRat is 12-2 and has the Giants and the Ravens in tonight's games. Johnboy, Spendius and McGentrix are 11-3 and pick the same winners. They can not gain any ground.
Region is also 11-3 and chooses the Vikings and Ravens. If Minn wins he and CostalRat will tie. Both players are predicting the final score will be 24-10!
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:37 pm
@realjohnboy,
but is Brent gonna play...?
CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:46 pm
Well, I guess I gotta root really hard for the Giants if I wish to have weekly bragging rights for the first time ever. Ok, go Giants!
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:46 pm
@Rockhead,
ESPN is leaning towards doubtful. I suspect he will start in order to keep his streak alive and will then be immediately be taken out.
Over in Fantasy Football, his owner benched him in favor of getting another QB who played yesterday. The move turned out to be smart, I think, as her substitute had a decent, if not spectacular, day.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 12:55 pm
@CoastalRat,
Because CoastalRat and Region have identical final score predictions, the week will go to the lower ranked player if Minn wins. Region is 8th while CoastalRat is 16th.
I think I have this plotted out accurately. The Metrodome's "wardrobe malfunction" makes it all a bit confusing.
Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 01:01 pm
@Rockhead,
You just can't make this stuff up. Seems like a really very bad idea. Sort of reminds me of the shenanegans in the football game in the movie MASH.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 01:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
Then I get to claim a win regardless? I knew there had to be some advantage for being so lousy the other weeks. Great. But it will mean a bit more if the Giants win tonight. lol
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 01:46 pm
@CoastalRat,
Yes. I guess that is true, come to think of it. I can't recall ever having to go down that deep into the tie breaking rules.
CoastalRat

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
I guess if we were also tied in the standings that we would just have to get together and duke it out. Or maybe do a rock, paper, scissors long distance. Oh wait, you could pick a number and whoever guessed the closest would win. Of course, that could be a tie also. If it got that far, then we should just let my dogs decide. Whoever they like better would be declared the winner.
BillW

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:08 pm
@CoastalRat,
or, possibly, who has the largest cojones?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:13 pm
@BillW,
Uh, I don't think so, BillW.
By the way, we have the Giants over the Vikings 18-6. And by a margin of 21-3 we have the Ravens over the Texans.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:59 pm
WEEK #15 - 3 weeks left*
Thursday night - December 16th:
San Francisco @ San Diego
Sunday - December 19th - early:
Kansas City @ St Louis
Buffalo @ Miami
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Houston @ Tennessee
Philadelphia @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Baltimore
Arizona @ Carolina
Washington @ Dallas
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Sunday - late:
Atlanta @ Seattle
NY Jets @ Pittsburgh
Denver @ Oakland
Sunday night:
Green Bay @ New England
Monday night:
Chicago @ Minnesota** (+ final score)

*By the way, after Week 17 we are done here. But then we do the Super Bowl thing on a new thread. We take a week or so off and then we pick all the way through the rest of the playoff games in one fell swoop, or is it one swell foop.
AndyClubber tells me that the NFL will soon start their "swing" game thing where they can move a game from earlier on on Sunday to the prime Sunday night TV slot.
**I can't see how the roof in the Metrodome can be patched by next Monday night. I see the Vikings' game as being somewhere else again.
BillW

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 03:23 pm
WEEK #15

San Francisco @ San Diego
Kansas City @ St Louis
Buffalo @ Miami
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Houston @ Tennessee
Philadelphia @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Baltimore
Arizona @ Carolina
Washington @ Dallas
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Atlanta @ Seattle
NY Jets @ Pittsburgh
Denver @ Oakland
Green Bay @ New England
Chicago @ Minnesota 24-17
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:43 pm
No Brett tonight
Quote:
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2010, 5:50 PM EST
favre1

Brett Favre is inactive for the Vikings’ Monday night game against the Giants, bringing to an end his NFL-record streak of 297 consecutive starts.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:45 pm
@CoastalRat,

i dunno coastalrat, dogs do tend to take a shine to me...

well, i'm conceding defeat this week.
i've tasted victory a time or two on these pages recently, and it was indeed sweet...
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 05:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah--but it's the title that matters. If a gumpy Limey wins it two years running all the little sweetnesses will turn to gall and damp ashes. Surely?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 06:01 pm
@spendius,
"Gumpy" does not, alas, appear in my dictionary.
You have your work cut out for you to win for a 2nd year. But you are good at this.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 06:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
If twaddle toes wins again, I will have to play next year, if only for murrican pride.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 06:05 pm
He's gotta be good for somethin'
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 08:51 pm
I thought there was a game on tonight.

can't find one...