Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 08:39 pm
@JPB,
I think I say Nor-lins..

The good thing about game casts is that one doesn't have to tolerate the talking heads blabbering on. The bad thing - is you can't see the plays.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 09:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Cringe, my kicker will be the goat..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 09:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
I would place a tiny little "i" in front of Naw-Lins. Your tongue should start on the top of your mouth...just behind your front teeth. Not harshly below your bottom teeth.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 09:27 pm
Final score!
Naw lins 14
Vikings 9
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 09:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
Strange game..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 04:57 am
.The Onion ‎Minnesota Vikings Advice: If there was ever a time to intimidate a team by throwing a bunch of oil-soaked birds onto the 50-yard line, it is now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 05:11 am
@ossobuco,
Nope its Nawlins, I take credit for establishing that pronunciation of the Crescent City ever since I first posted about herein back in 2003.

Good Game btw.
I shall be watching the efforst of y'alls cawz Ize just plantin a see-ids of a repeet a mah bloved Sant what ta winna notha Supa Bowol yeh.

GA Ran Teee
spendius

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:45 am
@farmerman,
Not in the game are you fm? Are you frit of being humiliated by an effete Limey?

I'm in favour of allowing that you picked N.O. so you can join in. It isn't an advantage I expect will give me any trouble in conceeding.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 07:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm heading home, rjb! Keep the light on for me!
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:08 pm
@CowDoc,
Excellent. I hope that, in the down time between games, you can talk about your trip.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
you run the motel 6?
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Um. I am in talks with others.
No Motel 6...otherwise known as No Tell Motel. I drive by one or more of them early in the mornings. Often cop cars in the parking lots.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 08:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
You are the wise one.
Hold on to your socks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 09:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
and then there was the

I was destined for Modesto

0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 12:49 pm
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Buffalo
Cincinnati
New York Giants
The D e t r o i t L i o n s
Atlanta
Tennessee
Denver
Indianapolis
St. Louis
Green Bay
San Francisco
Dallas
New York Jets
Kansas City 14-10
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 12:58 pm
@alex240101,
You can't pick Nawlins but the rest of the picks have been recorded...even the one for St Louis to beat Arizona.
spendius

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 02:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
Aw Johnnie. We can concede N.O to alex surely. It was a laydown. I feel sure he didn't know the result when he posted. You should be glad some people are a bit slow. It gives us movers and shakers an easier ride. Have you never given a lift to a lady who missed the last bus?

Six homosexuals are running for the last bus. You can tell they are homosexuals because they have just come out of a homosexual bar. One of them just misses before the doors hiss closed and the driver gives a backwards V sign through his side window.

Do you glide up in your limo to rescue him from his distress.

Some men have married a woman they met in that fashion. My parents met in a counterforce revolving door contretemps in The Metropole Hotel in Blackpool but I've told the story before although not my full version involving Sir Tom Finney's penalty miss the previous Saturday. And you wouldn't believe the ******* dynasty that spawned. In fact this post is one of the many results. And it's a lot better than any of the rest of the dynasty could do and that's a ******* fact.

It's amazing really. You wouldn't be reading this, which is by way of light entertainment before kick-off time, if Tom Finney had scored that penalty. And he had a great record in scoring penalties.

Everytime I see a field goal attempt sail inches wide, about one inch in Sir Tom's penalty case, only Sir Tom's flashed rather than sailed, hit a concrete stanchion behind the goal with a sickening thump and bounced back to the half-way line, I shake my head in wonderment.

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 05:02 pm
@spendius,
Um, ok. There was a video yesterday of a goalkeeper who slapped away a penalty kick or free kick or something. He was quite proud of himself. He strutted. He raised his arms and pointed his fingers towards the sky, reveling in his glorious play.
The ball meanwhile, evidently still in play, had a mind of its own. It rolled towards and then into the goal. Cool.
spendius

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 05:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
Did it cause any conceptions?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 05:37 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Okay. Next to each team is the number of people who have selected that team to win. It appears as {#}

realjohnboy wrote:

Week #1:
>Thursday, 9/9:
Minnesota {3} @ New Orleans {19} ... Jespah, Andy and Rhys lose
>Sunday, 9/12, early games:
Cleveland {12} @ Tampa Bay {11} ... Tossup
Miami {14} @ Buffalo {9) ... I am listing it as Tossup
Cincinnati {7} @ New England {16} ... We favor NE
Carolina {5} @ NY Giants {18} ... Jespah, Andy, Rhys, George & Coastal
Detroit {4} @ Chicago {19} ... Osso, JPB, George and, of course, Alex
Atlanta {12} @ Pittsburgh {11} ... Tossup
Oakland {0} @ Tennessee {23} ... Unanimous!
Denver {13} @ Jacksonville {10} ... Tossup
Indianapolis {20} @ Houston {3) ... Osso, JPB and, of course, Edgar
>Sunday, 9/12, late games:
Arizona {22} @ St Louis {1} ... Alex stands alone
Green Bay {16} @ Philadelphia {7} ... Region, Jespah, Rhys, Lionx, MsCowdoc, Lmur and Coastal
San Francisco {21} @ Seattle {2} ... Rhys and George
>Sunday, 9/12, night:
Dallas {19} @ Washington {4} ... Region, Andy, McGentrix and MsCowdoc
>Monday night, 9/13, early:
Baltimore {8} @ NY Jets {15} ... almost a Tossup
>Monday night, 9/13, late:
San Diego {21} @ Kansas City {2} ... Jespah and Alex