Ha! It's Back! RealJohnBoy's A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:01 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Look Tico--I don't think our football is better than your's ...

Fine, I share that view. As I've explained before, I love both NFL football and soccer. I suppose it's been your incessant questioning about why the NFL doesn't do everything as well as the Premier League that has caused me to leap to my irrational conclusion.

Quote:
You have a big lead in relation to conspicuous consumption. And I still think that having fatties as youth icons is a flaw.

Well, there you go again.
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
But you do have a big lead in that respect.

In the lower leagues where there is little gate money or ads do the players have to buy their own kit and what does it cost?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
the idea that Soccer leads to as many injuries as Football is a joke.

There are 20 clubs in our Premier League with squads of 25. They play 38 matches per season plus cup-ties and for the top 8 clubs European home and away fixtures. At the moment there are 74 players out injured after 5 matches.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:33 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thought Michael Vick was gonna snatch defeat from the jaws of Victory for the Iggles. ANYWAY, with the Pillies on such a hot streak in the NL, fooball's gonna have to wait a bit , I cant multitask anymore.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 03:37 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
At the moment there are 74 players out injured after 5 matches.

If those little ponces tried to play Football, there would be 400 injuries. American Footballers play through pain constantly; you have to be seriously injured to end up 'out.'

Cycloptichorn
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
Because Jeff Saturday, the center is a football genius. He'll end up a coach
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:19 pm
@panzade,
Interesting. Thank you.
Do the other players on the Indy defense know when the ball is being hiked based on shouts from Saturday/Manning?
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
plus, the center needs to keep his head up in order to defend the rushers
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
you have to be seriously injured to end up 'out.'

Don't be so ridiculous Cyclo. Semi-crocks, quarter-crocks or slight-crocks can't live in a game at these levels. Are you saying crocks can do their job for the team. Any-crock is soon identified and his weakness exploited.

Your parading of your lack of knowledge of top level sport is pathetic. Proper liberal lefties don't do sport. You're using the players to try to look like one of the boys. You should be more interested in Scrabble. And recipes.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:44 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
you have to be seriously injured to end up 'out.'

Don't be so ridiculous Cyclo. Semi-crocks, quarter-crocks or slight-crocks can't live in a game at these levels. Are you saying crocks can do their job for the team. Any-crock is soon identified and his weakness exploited.

Mmm-hmm. Why do you sit around pretending that your Nancy boys are really tough guys? They wouldn't last a single quarter in the real game. Probably not even a single series. In pro football nobody flops for the Refs - unlike some pussy sports I could mention.

As far as we can tell, crockery is the essence of soccer. The heart of it. Faking fouls because you don't have the stones to win without it.

I wouldn't say that about your Rugby players, however. Those guys have what it takes. If you bunch respected actual strength and toughness more than you do boyish good looks and artful flippy-flopping, you would promote Rubgy over Soccer as your national sport. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
There's not a rugby player in the world who wouldn't give his teeth to be playing in the English Premier league.

Don't keep digging Cyclo.

National sports are chosen by acclamation. A profoundly democratic process.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 04:57 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

There's not a rugby player in the world who wouldn't give his teeth to be playing in the English Premier league.

That wouldn't leave them with many teeth, now would it, considering?

I also think this comment is full of ****. Surely some of them actually prefer the sport of Rugby, wouldn't you think?

I know your favorite passtime (other than drinking till you pass out) is taking a piss at people online. But the truth is that I know more about Soccer than you will ever know about Football. I've probably forgotten more about Football then you've ever known about Soccer.

Inserting lame insults and attempting pithy statements every now and then isn't a substitute for actual knowledge about a game, Spendi. If you really want to be some sort of online trash-talker, you'll have to step your game up considerably.

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I know your favorite passtime (other than drinking till you pass out) is taking a piss at people online. But the truth is that I know more about Soccer than you will ever know about Football. I've probably forgotten more about Football then you've ever known about Soccer. Inserting lame insults and attempting pithy statements every now and then isn't a substitute for actual knowledge about a game, Spendi.

That's just words Cyclo. It means absolutely **** all.

I only began to learn about your football when I joined Johnny's game. The technicalities are nothing. It's chaps fighting over money (females) in a fairly humane fashion determined by the rules designed by the squeamish and posited upon the spectacular moment which allows fans to escape from themselves temporarily. The differences are cultural. Like your culture thinks that the above quoted assertions have meaning and my culture doesn't.

Unless it's fixed.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:15 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Like your culture thinks that the above quoted assertions have meaning and my culture doesn't.

There's probably a much deeper point that could be discussed, re: the inability of your culture to understand things. But instead, I'll knock off work early and pull a Spendi by hitting the pub.

Quote:
Unless it's fixed.

Like the NBA is? Yeah. I don't watch Basketball at all.

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I am never going to understand meaningless assertions unless some substantial evidence is brought forth to validate them. I'm a scientist.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:13 pm
Half-time. Saints (9) vs 49's (7).
They are putting us all to sleep for the night here in the home. Two blue pills and one yellow one.
See you all tomorrow for results on what looks like another bad week for many of us.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 08:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Night, RJ.

I'm enjoying following the game. I've been worried about my 49ers. When I watched the starting minutes, I was disgusted after the interception and went to the kitchen to finish making ice cream.

I came back some time later, and SF was holding it's own.
Up to the half, anyway.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Holy cow, SF and NO at 22-22 with 1 minute 19 sec to go...

If sf wins, Singletary will one happy guy..

C'mon, defense.

Uh oh..

With 2 seconds, my fantasy football guy got the field goal for NO. Yikes, that was close.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
the Pillies
only if one of them fails a drug-test...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 03:47 am

on a way more serious note...

Quote:
Kenny McKinley found dead at home

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday in an apparent suicide.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial at 3:35 p.m. local time and found his body in the second-floor master bedroom. He said detectives believe McKinley, 23, was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Robinson said authorities were called by a female friend of McKinley's who discovered the body after returning from an errand with his child. The sheriff declined to say if authorities found a suicide note.

"It's still part of our investigation and probably nothing we'll talk about right now," he said.

McKinley's death is the latest in a series for tragedies for the Broncos in recent years. Cornerback Darrent Williams was slain in a drive-by shooting on New Year's Day 2007 and three months later backup running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in St. Louis.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5598078