Is There A Thread Not At War With Itself Here?

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 10:56 am
Why are so many people on this forum at odds with each other?

I can't find a relative thread where a member of the ex-philosophy forum and one of the A2K'rs aren't shovelling insults and vile remarks at each other.

This is a pastime to me, a few minutes a day, searching for a reasonable conversation, in amongst the trivia.

Those who do not see eye to eye, have the decency to avoid that which is to your displeasure and embrace the variety of opinion and diversity of culture that is gasping to reap the hearts and minds of those who therein seek.

Behave!
Mark...

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:07 am
http://able2know.org/topic/160397-1
Reyn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:09 am
@mark noble,
Mark, not all of us do as you posted.

I, for one, do not like the strife that is sometimes posted here and there, and I don't care who it involves.

It seems to go in stages, and especially with certain individuals who are prone to that sort of thing.

I don't mind your posts in general, but often don't reply, there or anywhere.

After a while, you will know who has a civil tongue in their head and who doesn't.
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:19 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
I, for one, do not like the strife that is sometimes posted here and there, and I don't care who it involves.

i dare you to come over here and say that

Wink
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:21 am
There are lots of such threads . . . i've started two threads in the last two days in which there was no strife. No phil forum creeps, either . . . hmm . . .
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:22 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i dare you to come over here and say that Wink

You paying the air fare? Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:44 am
@GoshisDead,

You can't use that thread as an example, Gosh. Mark isn't in it.

Wink
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:48 am
@Intrepid,
well dang, I was desperately trying to establish myself as non-confrontational
Intrepid

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:49 am
@GoshisDead,
I think you have been relatively successful at that.
Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:53 am
mark noble wrote:

This confirms that you have a problem with the community. I'm pretty sure the psychoanalysis I did of you in your last thread stands.

Regardless, this is getting childish.
Quote:
I can't find a relative thread where a member of the ex-philosophy forum and one of the A2K'rs aren't shovelling insults and vile remarks at each other.

Are you sure you don't mean, shoveling insults and vile remarks at you? Where are all these battles waging at? I don't see them.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:54 am
@Intrepid,
You callin' me a chicken?
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 11:56 am
Setanta wrote:
No phil forum creeps, either . . . hmm . . .

As much as I want to respond to this and tell you that you've really gotten the wrong idea about us, if I were in your position I would probably think the same.
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:24 pm
@Zetherin,
That's kind of like general bait, Boss. Those who rise to it deserve to have been hooked.
Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:28 pm
@Setanta,
I don't know what you mean, but what I meant is that I understand where you are coming from, based upon the experiences I've observed of yours with certain members.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:30 pm
What i mean is, the original remark was only offered for the purpose of setting off those with short fuses. By and large, i haven't had much problem with the phil forum people--but the ones who have had it out with me have provided spectacular entertainment.

So, a remark like that is only offered to get the goat of those who irresponsibly let their goats run free.
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:32 pm
@Setanta,
have you got any smelling salts, my goat read your remark and fainted
Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:32 pm
@Setanta,
Understood, and fair enough.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:33 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

This is a pastime to me, a few minutes a day, searching for a reasonable conversation, in amongst the trivia.

Those who do not see eye to eye, have the decency to avoid that which is to your displeasure and embrace the variety of opinion and diversity of culture that is gasping to reap the hearts and minds of those who therein seek.

Behave!
Mark...

You may be confusing controversy or discussion with "hurling insults". Not everything can be true, especially contradictions, or sentences that are meaningless.
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:34 pm
@djjd62,
No, but i've got some great garbage here, if he wants a snack . . .
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:35 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:
or sentences that are meaningless.

Crying or Very sad
words hurt Razz