Is There A Thread Not At War With Itself Here?

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:37 pm
@Setanta,
he ate his fill in rex's video game thread Wink
0 Replies

Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:38 pm
@GoshisDead,
Gosh, this is off-topic, but first, sexy guitar. Second, how do you embed pictures?
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:41 pm
@Zetherin,
if it's you're own pic, you have to host it somewhere, photobucket is a good site

if it's from the web, you have to surround the url with img tags, that can be found above the reply box when replying

find an image on the web, copy the images url, paste it into your reply, use the image tags

this

Code:[img]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7770/mockingjay.jpg[/img]

gets you

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7770/mockingjay.jpg
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:42 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

kennethamy wrote:
or sentences that are meaningless.

Crying or Very sad
words hurt Razz

Yes, they do. And what has that to do with it?
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:46 pm
@kennethamy,
i can't help it if my sentences are meaningless, my posts reflect my view of life
Zetherin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:47 pm
@djjd62,
Of course you can help your sentences from being meaningless.

Meaninglessness is not equivalent to falsity. Even if your views of life are false, that does not mean they are meaningless.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 12:49 pm
@Zetherin,
Thx, she's treating me right, and see Djj's post lol
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:24 pm
@mark noble,
Some people with a lack of imagination like to start pissing matches just for the fun of it and it to avoid have to think.

BBB
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 04:50 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Why are so many people on this forum at odds with each other?

I can't find a relative thread where a member of the ex-philosophy forum and one of the A2K'rs aren't shovelling insults and vile remarks at each other.

This is a pastime to me, a few minutes a day, searching for a reasonable conversation, in amongst the trivia.

Those who do not see eye to eye, have the decency to avoid that which is to your displeasure and embrace the variety of opinion and diversity of culture that is gasping to reap the hearts and minds of those who therein seek.

Behave!
If this is truly how you precive things, then you have a very distorted view of reality.
mark noble

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 10:22 am
@HexHammer,
Whose reality?

What means 'precive'?
HexHammer

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 01:08 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Whose reality?

What means 'precive'?
You should be bright enough to know what I mean and decipher my miss spell.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2010 11:45 pm
here we go... again
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 02:14 am
@mark noble,
Mark, I'm delighted to inform you that there are, indeed, threads here in which the participants are not at war with each other!
Come over & join us at the cooking threads (with your own special recipes to share, of course!) & I think you'll find what you're looking for! A wonderful spirit of cooperation! Very Happy

However, on politics & debating threads, I think you're going to find lots & lots of passionate debate! Surely you're not surprised by this?
Maybe you should avoid them, if you find them so unsettling?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:33 am
I've noticed Mark has a little of what I think of as Dysfunctional Understanding Happens or DUH! . Some of the older members here have dealt with the poster TTH who defines this problem. She often misinterprets what people are saying, is oblivious to the real message, can't read between the lines, or just doesn't get it. A person who suffers from DUH! is often very nice and wants to participate, but just can't understand the written communication of others and often takes offense, or reads hostility, where there is none. They cannot tell debate and disagreement from war. I have no idea how to deal with people like this and I rarely engage them outside of the most benign threads. Mark, I suggest you follow MsOlga's invitation and stick to the threads about cooking if the other threads antagonize you.
msolga

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:37 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Mark, I suggest you follow MsOlga's invitation and stick to the threads about cooking if the other threads antagonize you.

But only, of course, if Mark has a deep interest in cooking (like the rest of us who participate), Green Witch! Wink
Intrepid

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 05:00 am
@msolga,
Your fellow cooks are gonna hold you responsible. Wink
msolga

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 05:02 am
@Intrepid,
I know. And this has been worrying me, Intrepid! Wink
sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 08:58 am
@Green Witch,
I know what you mean but I think Mark has something more like Perpetually In Quite Unhappy Existence, or PIQUE. Specifically about the Philforum move anyway. There's cluelessness and then there's willful, disingenuous cluelessness, and I think he's more towards the latter. (Though with a generous dollop of genuine cluelessness in the mix too.) He's on a mission to show just how staggeringly bad A2K is, even if some deluded people think it's not bad or even (gasp) pretty good.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
The fire hydrant is, in the Eastern part of the United States, often referred to as a "johnny pump," as the firefighters of the 1800s were known as "Johnnies."

http://ne-crete.civicplus.com/images/pages/N66/Fire%20Hydrant.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 02:25 pm
@msolga,
Hi MsOlga!

Thank you for the offer! I do enjoy cookery. But I'm not certain I wan't to join a collective that does. Thank you though.

What makes you think I am unsettled, or bothered by people expressing themselves? I wouldn't be interested if everyone thought the same thoughts.

See you soon!
Mark...
0 Replies