I Opened the Window and In-Flu-enza

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 02:00 pm
Mac, It's 78 degrees here. No need for you to travel that far.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 02:02 pm
Louisianna is not reporting, according to the map posted by Walter. Not necessairly the same as saying New Orleans is not affected, is it?
0 Replies

msolga

.... except that it's full of wonderful people & you can have Christmas at the beach! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

The little un's actually fine now, was brief but intense (VERY high fever, vomiting, malaise, etc.), I got a milder version (malaise, going through tissues like there's no tomorrow), (I like the onomotopeia idea!), and I seem to be coming out of it! Callooh! Callay! It's one of those banging-your-head-on-the-wall things... it sure is wonderful when it stops.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 02:13 pm
Hey, Rog. Drink lots of Florida orange juice. It strengthens the immune system.

Ah, Soz. Glad both you and the little one are recovering.(claps hands)

Heyyyyyyy, Oakman. How are things in Glocamora? Razz
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 03:08 pm
Glocamora ??????????????????

GLOW CA MORA LESS. it's shrunk, reached meltdown & been blown away by a heavy cold and a delinquent sneeze
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 03:21 pm
Glocamora is in Ireland, and that was an attempt at levity.

There's also a song by that name.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 03:27 pm
Just curious, but of those here who are sick, did you get a flu shot?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 05:40 pm
cjhsa, That's a good question. I haven't, but Peter Jennings is telling us stuff about the flu as we speak. In many places, they have run out of the vaccine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:01 pm
I didn't.

My husband had his flu shot and hasn't gotten sick (yet), though. (He has asthma and got the shot on his doc's recommendation.)

Last year the shot MADE him sick. We didn't get it for that reason.

I don't know for sure if what we (sozlet and I) had is the flu, but seems like it.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:17 pm
In the past, every time I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten sick as a dog immediately after with the flu.

I've grown a healthy distrust of them and stay as far away from flu shots as I possibly can.

I'd rather take my chances and practice all the prevention techniques suggested by health officials then know for sure I'll get sick when I get the shot.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:21 pm
Amen, flutterby..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:40 pm
And here you had just scared me into getting mine today, Letty. I expect a bit of sore muscles tomorrow, and nothing more. I would shy away from something made on a crash basis, like that swine flu shot from the mid 70's, but this is fairly standard.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:47 pm
he he, Rog. So glad you did what you did....and if you should wake with ague..remember, Letty told you so...damn, I love to be right
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:00 pm
Oh Playmate, Come Out and Play With Me
(Version 2)
Written By: Unknown
Copyright Unknown

Say, say, oh playmate,
Come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three
Climb up my apple tree

Slide down my rainbow
Into my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends
Forever more, 1-2-3-4

It was a rainy day,
She couldn't come out and play
With tearful eyes, she breathed a sigh
And I could hear her say:

Say, say, oh playmate
I cannot play with you
My dolly's got the flu
Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Ain't got no rainbow
Ain't got no cellar door
But we'll be jolly friends
Forever more,

Proof positive that the flu was rampant even in the nursery... Very Happy

and those are NOT the correct lyrics, either. Want to challenge me?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:03 pm
I've gotten a flu shot every year for the past six years and never had any side effects. Is that just me? I hear of people getting sick from the shot but when pressed for information they generally seem to be just trying to have a story to tell at dinner.

Colorado has a bad strain this year and it's not getting any better.\\\

Joe
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:09 pm
Joe, not so. Who Wants to talk about aches and pains...that's just the Indian coming out in you Laughing

Good night, neat people. Way past my bed time and I've developed a slight cough.. Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 11:43 am
You can't get the flu from a flu shot. More than likely, you were exposed to the flu when you went to get the shot. Many people mistake it for a cure...

Get your shots people.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 11:54 am
cjhsa, take a look at this and tell me what you think:

http://www.countryherbalist.com/store/SP12remember.htm
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 12:36 pm
I looked at it, Letty. It's related to the Swine Flu vaccination, which was developed by a crash program in response to a perceived emergency. That's not related to the shot I got yesterday. No side effects today, and that's all the time they would need for developement, if there were going to be any.

They asked if I were allergic to eggs, chicken feathers, and something else. I am not, but it seems some people do have an allergic reaction. They probably should not be getting the shot.
0 Replies