My Eyes Are Up Here

JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 02:53 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
There is the occasional d) of course, which is "the gawker is actually quite cute and the attention is welcomed," but I'd say that's vanishingly rare, ...

I wonder why the trend seems to be moving towards exposing/highlighting more breast.
sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 02:55 pm
@JTT,
Noticing is different from gawking.

I know there are women who actually enjoy the gawking, though. I really, really don't, and most women I know really, really don't.
JTT

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 02:59 pm
@sozobe,
I can appreciate that, Soz.

I still wonder why the trend is towards more breast. I guess that it has a lot to do with what the "stars" are doing.
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:06 pm
@sozobe,
I'm assuming from the nature of the study that pretty much anything that causes sexual excitation without stress would give the same cardio benefits in either sex. However I don't have the link but I also saw a study done in the U.S. that showed that the stress cortisol levels in men who are alone in the same room with an attractive women rival those of bunjee Jumping, job interviews or other very high stress situations. The stress of looking at boobs might counter the cardio benefits.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:14 pm
@GoshisDead,
The scientist in me is a bit skeptical at the way the study was done.

Half of the men were told "not to look at breasts". I suspect that the stress caused this unnatural act caused the adverse effects (rather then the ogling of the other group causing beneficial effects).

Looking at boobs is not stressful at all.

((I am stressed by the fact that no one ever gawks at me))
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:17 pm
@JTT,
Yeah, fashion.

I was a stupid kid, don't get me wrong, but just in terms of a window into the brains of some other stupid kids... I would wear stuff to school 'cause it was fashionable (mostly) or because it would maybe catch the eye of a boy I liked (rarely). The thing I had to figure out the hard way is that I wasn't invisible before and after the 10-minute window in which that cute guy was around... I had to deal with the consequences of being visible to everyone else too for the whole day.

Goshisdead, I don't mean stress as in sexual excitement, I mean stress as in "goddamnit stop looking at me." Nice guys do it, I won't tar everyone with the same brush at all, but a great number of sleazy creeps do it too. (The sleazy creeps are usually most brazen and threatening about it since there is no chance of an actual hookup and they know it. They take what they can get.)
dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:23 pm
I only ogle ugly women (especially their boobs) pretty women are boring. doh, men look at pretty women because they are attractive and pleasant to look at.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:25 pm
I try to be civilized about it. Women don't realize they sometimes make me stressed because they take evasive actions, thinking I am trying to gawk when I really am not.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:30 pm
@sozobe,
Sleazy creep is a euphemism for "old guy", isn't it.

((I wasn't always a sleazy creep))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 03:47 pm
@JTT,
Some women need to show off their expensive new silicone. ( Some of those seem to be filled with helium, she says, snottily.)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:12 pm
Do all men do this? Do you look at your mom's or sister's boobs, too? Old ladies? Just wondering. Like who isn't a boob-gawk candidate?

When I was younger, men were not as refined as they were now, or maybe it's because they were young men, but I got stared at and talked to in the boobs as soon as I got them... I hated it. Just hated it. And didn't like anybody who was obvious about it. Talk about a turn off. But it got so that I took to wearing librarian type tops - and vests over top, etc.

I have never showed cleavage until this last couple years, and I wear these tops for Alex and they're normal, not plunging. I figure I 'm an old lady now, a grandma, so who's looking? Besides, men have gotten pretty good at being covert about it. I don't mind if you look, just don't let me catch you at it.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:17 pm
@Mame,
I don't have a mom and never had sisters. I don't think I would have been looking though.

I also quickly determine real or fake. Fake don't get a second glance regardless of size. Size does not matter, by the way.

I never speak to the chest. Far too obvious and not at all respectful of the lady. No. I look without detection. The look isn't as good that way, but the fact that I don't get caught (as far as I know. I have been wrong before) is an inmportant factor.

I certainly do not have an age limit. Well, as long as they aren't to the waist. Hair to the waist is nice, but boobs just don't do it.
Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:19 pm
@Intrepid,
How would you know they're to the waist if you didn't look, huh? Huh?

Or do you look at the wrinkles or the cane and just say, "fuggedaboutit"?
Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:21 pm
@Mame,
Well, when they are to the waist, you just can't miss it. I do turn away immediately. Honest.

Anybody can have a cane for various purposes. Doesn't mean they are old. Even gals in their 30's and 40's can have wrinkles. There are some mighty fine older ladies out there. Yup, fer sure.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:27 pm
@Mame,
the entire time you were here I never took my eyes off your boobs, not bad for an old lady.
Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:31 pm
@dyslexia,
Right.

What about when you were ogling Shewolf and PDiddie's wife's boobies, eh?

Now if Walter had said that, I'd be worried, because he took me for a long drive in your Porsche.

And thank you from an old lady Smile

P.S. And don't forget, half the time you were giving me the finger!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:53 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
We don't do anything about it because our options are a) open up a topic of conversation that we have no interest in pursuing, b) get all up in someone's face, which gets tiring after a bit, or c) ignore it and let them think we have no idea.

There is the occasional d) of course, which is "the gawker is actually quite cute and the attention is welcomed," but I'd say that's vanishingly rare, partly because the act of gawking automatically takes off about 87 thousand cute points.

I don't think those are the only options.

I think there's also an ok, fine, no big dealio option.

There are certainly guys who are quite aggressive in their behaviours, but there's plenty of just passin' by, just lookin', which I don't have a problem with.

I'm certainly looking as well. At men and women.
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:58 pm
@sozobe,
Sometimes I used to look just as aggressively and revoltingly at the crutches of the yucky oglers until they went purple like beet-roots.

It can be dangerous, though, because guys hate being treated like that too.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 04:59 pm
@ehBeth,
oh, and I like to wink at them if I can catch their eye

I find it quite entertaining
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 05:28 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
...I got stared at and talked to in the boobs as soon as I got them... I hated it. Just hated it....I have never showed cleavage until this last couple years...

Not me. I loved it. Just loved it. And I definitely showed more cleavage when I was younger than I do now. Can't do that when you're teaching high schoolers. Dammit.