xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 04:54 am
when can we expect for the Emails to be normal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,488 • Replies: 70

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 05:39 am
@xris,

are you referring to A2k e-mail updates?
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 05:49 am
@Region Philbis,
i cant read from my inbox , something about spamming.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 06:22 am
I have just realised i answered an Email that told me of an alternative forum being constructed and that I think that's why my ability to receive mail has been obstructed. I would be grateful if our esteemed mods could tell me if this is correct. It may lead me to reconsider my place here. I have noticed hardly any from the old forum remain...Robert was that your intention just to swallow and dissolve other forums?
0 Replies

xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 06:26 am
i have just realised I am unable to send a message...Just let us see what our esteemed leader has to say..come on now mods ..lets here you.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 06:38 am
@xris,
Robert Gentel wrote:
PMs are blocked for all users beyond a certain date because we don't feel like spending a lot of time policing the spam from some members who have been very abusive with this community.
http://able2know.org/topic/158591-1#post-4283738
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:11 am
@Region Philbis,
i still have no idea what your saying..will i get back this facility or not and how and or why?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:19 am
@xris,
From the rest of the post referenced above:

Robert Gentel wrote:
Sure, I know you may not like that but this is a free service and I've already lost enough sleep and time with the spam, the crude limit will be in place until those efforts cease and I'm sorry that it inconveniences others.

At some point I'm going to sit down and tweak that to be less crude but like I said, this is a free site and it gets by with what resources it has, the spam has taxed those resources and spread us thin so the spam is being stopped by a crude, temporary, restriction. It will probably be modified sometime this month to something more nuanced.

So:

Yes, PM privileges will be restored, but there is no guarantee when it will happen.

PM privileges were revoked for all new users due to the actions of a handful of users who abused the privilege.
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:24 am
@DrewDad,
What , I dont believe it...am I to believe im one of these or just full out..I want to know.Ive never heard so much bollocks.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:35 am
@xris,
I haven't said that you're one of the offenders. I've said you're someone caught in the net designed to block the offenders.
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 07:47 am
@DrewDad,
so what was their offence and why should every one suffer, is this somekind of power trip?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 08:03 am
@xris,
I'm trying to be patient and answer your questions, but frankly that kind of question just makes you sound, shall we say, "less than rational" or perhaps "sillier than a barrel full of geese."

Region posted a link to an explanation. Go read it.
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 10:57 am
@DrewDad,
With your perspective a barrel full of geese would sound like madam butterfly. You are not answering my questions you are making excuses for what appears a fit of anxiety followed by a childish tantrum.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 11:02 am
@xris,
Nice try....
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 11:36 am
@Butrflynet,
I have not started, yet
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 01:45 pm
Come now Robert explain yourself, this thread has been open long enough for you to respond. Do you realise you have lost possibly two thirds or even more from the philo forum. Time to admit your reasoning was ill founded. You caused me to loose many long term friends , do you care?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 11:10 pm
@xris,
Still shooting blanks, eh?
xris

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:00 am
@Butrflynet,
Whats your point ? I cant help it if our leader has become a recluse.
djjd62

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 05:04 am
@xris,
you've been directed to a post where the situation was explained, if there's any new information i'm sure robert will let everyone know
xris

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 07:03 am
@djjd62,
I know the reasoning , I just oppose the action that has been taken. No communication , no argument., do debate..very philosophical.