Our planet is being destroyed, does anybody care?

Caroline

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:10 pm
@HexHammer,
No I don't know nothing about electric cars but I do know you can make cars to run on orange juice which we've known for decades.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:32 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
HexHammer wrote:
Whenever I see anyone rush to do something, it usually goes horrible wrong, lots of money wasted as in the billions, now with the recent war on terror far over 1.5 trillions $ were wasted on nothing. Least for Denmark, each year we waste about 450 million kr, on Africa ending in the wrong pockets, after 3 decades the people are still piss poor, nothing works down there.
So different policies are needed, ones that work.
You are quite naive, we can't just magically conjour up something like that.

HexHammer wrote:
How do you as goverment avoid being too bossy thus the buisness outsource their activities to less strict countries? Nor can you as country being bossy towards other soverein nations and tell them how to run their stuff with enviroment and what not.
Caroline wrote:
Education, if you educate the people the benefits and there will be jobs- incentives. I'm not sure what you mean, you could offer money incentives to businesses to stay in the country. Do you mean less stricter as in they can dump more so it's cheaper, then I say money incentives and to be honest all countries should have strict laws concerning dumping.
Ooooh, yes I and rest of the world forgot, education solves EVERYTHING!.
Caroline wrote:
No I don't know nothing about electric cars but I do know you can make cars to run on orange juice which we've known for decades.
Then can also run on potatoes, saltwater ..etc, but it comes down to efficientcy and sellability. If you have an inefficient product, it can't be sold to many other than fanatics, Joe Average can't benefit from something that can only run 80 miles per charge and recharge times takes 8 hours.

You sure have the heart the right place, but you need to look at the greater picture.
Caroline

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:38 pm
@HexHammer,
I maybe naive but I do see we need a change and what's wrong with education? What's your point?
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:45 pm
@HexHammer,
You're naive. They've got a spots car in America that goes, they designed a new battery that lasts longer and takes half the time to charge up and goes about 120 mph and didn't they just beat the world record for a solar powered car coming in at 220 mph? I think it was British. So there is technology out there. I'm not self-contradictory.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:57 pm
@HexHammer,
And nothing works in Africa because it's so corrupt.
HexHammer

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 06:10 pm
@Caroline,
Dear Caroline, I would suggest that you forget about this, unless you can contribue something useful, instead of overly hysterical emotional based nonsens.
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 02:17 am
@HexHammer,
Read the thread, don't tell me what to do and don't accuse me of being hysterical unless you care to explain yourself. I've presented facts with evidence not hysteria, try debating instead of leaving patronizing comments!
HexHammer

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 03:26 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
Read the thread, don't tell me what to do and don't accuse me of being hysterical unless you care to explain yourself. I've presented facts with evidence not hysteria, try debating instead of leaving patronizing comments!
I'v spelled everything out for you, I can't make your rationallity center evolve, that's something you have to do youself.
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 05:55 am
@HexHammer,
You've done nothing of the sort other then whine that nothing can be done and moan about technology which I explained to you about electric cars, get off, you're just annoying now. Annoying and patronizing, two good qualities for a debate I think not and you can't even back your insults up, I'd get more sense out of a nine year old, why don't you grow up and take your insults off somewhere else you sad little man.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 06:07 am
@HexHammer,
Quote:
get off, you're just annoying now

I've had that said to me a few times Hexie. It's really nice. Very feminine.

Caroline had suggested running cars on orange juice. If it was laced with vodka being stuck in the city traffic might be a new experience.

I don't know how many orange plantations would be needed to replace oil, or even make a dent in its sales figures. I should think all the fuel made from oranges would have to be used to make fuel from oranges so it wouldn't matter.

It would keep unemployment down though.
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 06:09 am
@spendius,
If you try reading a few other posts then you'll see I talked about the benefits of using electric cars, but do chime in spendius it's not like you're a child or got something worth while to debate about, I notice. It shows a distinct lack of maturity when one resorts to ridicule how sad your life must be. Do people have nothing better to do other than throw insults and ridicule, very intelligent I must say, now kindly take your comments somewhere else and stop wasting my time, jack ass.
HexHammer

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:04 am
@spendius,
The thing about electric based cars, that Caroline is so blatantly ignorent about, is the inefficientcy. It was once before explained to her, that the recharge time is very long, and therefore impractical if you use it frequently or more people share it. The batteries must be replaced just as any car battery and therefore increases the cost over time, in collisions it's unknown to me how the battery acid will behave, if it's safely harnessed or it will spray all over the place.

She even mentioned the solar cell cars, which has NO practical value for this discussion, which only show's her low sense of rationallity. Are they crash safe? No! Can they carry a heavy load? No! Can they take more than 1 passenger? No! Do they have to have special driving conditions? Yes, roads must be closed for their exclusive travel, and too heavily reliant on sunny weather ...etc..etc.

Dear Caroline, I say this again, you are overly emotional, therefore makes very irrational statements. You should make deeper thoughts about this matter, and realize what you say is rash, unthoughtful and doesn't make sense.
spendius

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:11 am
@Caroline,
You should write a book Caroline. You take your heroine through a tale of confrontations with men and with lines as good as those you delivered to Hexie and myself addressed to, say, a proposition to go on a private yacht cruising in the Med for a month spending three days in the Paris Ritz on the way to Monte Carlo, you might have a bestseller at the tips of your delicate fingertips. A sort of Barbara Cartland in ascetic mode. You could be the heroine of the Greenies.

You could plant some trees to make up for the ones cut down to print your book and all the praises trilled to it in the sheets.

It's not so much your technical suggestions, which are a little far fetched it has to be admitted, but the style. I remember the style of Ewa Aulin in Candy having an effect on how I viewed ladies. The medium is the message.

Your heroine could reject all approaches to her honour based on materialistic temptations offered by a range of jack-asses and immature cloth-heads in her search for a troubadour who will sing her love into being in an Arcadian glade by a moonlit stream far from the madding crowd.

Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:16 am
@spendius,
Look if you haven't got anything constructive to say then stay out of the thread. How my ideas are a little far fetched you haven't even bothered to explain, instead you've gone off on this little hissy fit, how childish. People come here to debate constructively neither of you have shown this and it shows lack of intelligence, please don't bother to reply as you are going off topic and frankly I can't be bothered with you, I've enjoyed this thread because some people have contributed constructively but yours and hex's patronizing comments are just silly, please grow up or back off, I haven't got the time, yawn
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:19 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

The thing about electric based cars, that Caroline is so blatantly ignorent about, is the inefficientcy. It was once before explained to her, that the recharge time is very long, and therefore impractical if you use it frequently or more people share it. The batteries must be replaced just as any car battery and therefore increases the cost over time, in collisions it's unknown to me how the battery acid will behave, if it's safely harnessed or it will spray all over the place.

She even mentioned the solar cell cars, which has NO practical value for this discussion, which only show's her low sense of rationallity. Are they crash safe? No! Can they carry a heavy load? No! Can they take more than 1 passenger? No! Do they have to have special driving conditions? Yes, roads must be closed for their exclusive travel, and too heavily reliant on sunny
weather ...etc..etc.

Dear Caroline, I say this again, you are overly emotional, therefore makes very irrational statements. You should make deeper thoughts about this matter, and realize what you say is rash, unthoughtful and doesn't make sense.
As explained before technology is always improving and on a fast level, we have the got technology now to introduce greener cars, if you can't see that then you're naive. I already explained how they've invented a better battery with half the time to recharge and lasts twice as long. Technology is always improving on a fast level and this is what we should be looking at, stop whining unless you've got a better idea to clean up the earth.
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:22 am
@HexHammer,
I suppose you think that we should carry on polluting then. What have you done to contribute to a greener environment?
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:29 am
@Caroline,
And I never claimed to be an expert Hex, which is why I opened this thread up, until now there have been useful posts from a lot of people but you have nothing constructive to say, I'll bet you both antagonize people in a lot of threads, do you ever learn anything? I bet not. Goodbye.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:34 am
@Caroline,
Never going further than half a mile from home for ten years except when working. Have you managed that Caroline? And that's on topic because it directly answers a question you asked.

That great nature lover Goethe said that the trouble with man is that he can't sit quietly in his room. What do you do about that?
Caroline

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:38 am
@spendius,
I don't drive at all, not even for work and I managed this morning to do a bit of conservation work and I recycle, how about you? Not sure what you're getting at with the Goeth quote sorry.
spendius

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2010 07:50 am
@Caroline,
Well Caroline--I empty my garbage on the beach so that the seagulls don't need to fly 15 miles inland to the waste tips and then back at dusk.

And I use both sides of the toilet paper.