31

Our planet is being destroyed, does anybody care?

georgeob1

1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 09:44 pm
@Caroline,
Oh ! you mean like ... yours.

In fact I offered specific data on European and American fertility. You can find current data for every country in the world in many sources, including the CIA factbook - on the web and easy to use. You will find that it fully supports my observations about birth & population growth rates in the Moslem world, India and Africa as well.

The geological info I posted is very basic, well-known stuff.

You have asserted that the world is being rapidly overpopulated, yet you have offered no data in support of this contention at all.

You have also asserted that it is nonsensical to consider China's one child per family policy as "authoritarian" and expressed scorn for opposing views. You have offered nothing at all in support of these views.

2  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 09:47 pm
I think the idea about the world being over-populated is a matter of when and where. If we can consider the number of humans who do not have enough fresh water or food to eat, then we already have an over-population. If we look at the limited resources of this planet, then the use of those resources by developed and developing countries imply by fiat an over-population.

Yes, this planet can still squeeze in millions more humans, but at what cost?

That's the question.
Caroline

1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:14 pm
@georgeob1,
I wasn't talking about your stats I was talking about everyone will become wealthy, how's that?

Caroline

1  
Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2010 11:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree.