Hey, Can A Woman "Ask To Get Raped"?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 05:49 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Hmmmm, I can't read my screen. It appears as if it were flecked by spittle, like when you're talking to some sort of zealot. Anyway, I'll ask the moderators to wipe the inside of my screen so I can read the thread. At least the screen protected me from getting spit all over my sweater.

When Americans overwhelmingly regard caring about bad policy and injustice as fringe fanatical zealotry then the collective might as well take me out and shoot me, because that would not be a society that I would be interested in being part of.
BillRM

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 05:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
What do you know? I assumed they were not quite that attractive since they both seem to be drawn to women with few options.

LOL so my wife and Hawkeye wife did not have many options?????

Can't speak for Hawkeye but for myself I find to this very day,when I look at her I find myself happy and proud that such a wonderful woman picked me as her partner.
BillRM

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 05:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It appears as if it were flecked by spittle

This from a woman that was drooling over the very idea of a mob lynching me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 05:57 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Can't speak for Hawkeye

I can speak for me...my wife is a certified genius, she won just about every award a soldier can win, was selected Sargent major, retired and is now has a high level position in a top 50 US corporation..where she is again winning awards, she gets hit on by guys all the time and is in high demand in swinger clubs because she is hot........

calling my wife a victim with few options is about as ridiculous as redefining words can get.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:20 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
When Americans overwhelmingly regard caring about bad policy and injustice as fringe fanatical zealotry then the collective might as well take me out and shoot me, because that would not be a society that I would be interested in being part of.

What have you actively done about the takeover of the SCOTUS by corporations? The poisoning of your food and beverages, and the attempted takeover of your land by fracking companies offshoring your resources to China? The total corruption of the political process, to the point that a study proved that you no longer have a democracy? What have you done about these issues, Hawk?

You'd prefer to bullshit about some imaginary theory, while fantasising about your BDSM magazines. Great. Just great.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 06:27 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
You'd prefer to bullshit about some imaginary theory,

I prefer to argue that we should change our approach to sexual regulation, because what we are doing degrades men, creates unneeded suffering, does not work very well, and costs a lot more money than it should.

If you feel that I am wrong at any point you can always point out the error, and document that I am wrong. Issuing blanket " this is all bullshit to ignore " pronouncements ....most likely based on nothing other than it is not what you want to hear..... is the road to remaining ignorant. You should attempt to do better.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 07:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Today’s college rape panic is an eerie recapitulation of the daycare abuse panic. Just as the mythical “50,000 abducted children” fueled paranoia about child safety in the 1980s, so today’s hysteria is incited by the constantly repeated, equally fictitious “one-in-five women on campus is a victim of rape”—which even President Obama has embraced.

The one-in-five number is derived from surveys where biased samples of respondents are asked an artful combination of straightforward and leading questions, reminiscent of the conclusory interviews behind the daycare agitation. A much-cited CDC study, for example, first tells respondents: “Please remember that even if someone uses alcohol or drugs, what happens to them is not their fault.” Then it asks: “When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people ever had vaginal sex with you.” (Emphasis mine.) The CDC counted all such sexual encounters as rapes.

Reputable studies suggest that approximately one-in-forty college women are victims of rape or sexual assault (assault includes verbal threats as well as unwanted sexual grabbing and fondling). One-in-forty is still too many women. But it hardly constitutes a “rape culture” requiring White House intervention.

Christina Hoff Sommers is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a TIME contributor, and author of several books, including The War Against Boys. She hosts a weekly video blog The Factual Feminist
http://time.com/100091/campus-sexual-assault-christina-hoff-sommers/

Now if we could only get a real number on the number of women who suffer rape-rape on campus. If it were more than 1 in a thousand I would be shocked.

Quote:
Once again, conspiracy feminists are at the forefront of this movement. Just as feminist psychologists persuaded children that they had been abused, so women’s activists have persuaded many young women that what they might have dismissed as a foolish drunken hookup was actually a felony rape. “Believe the children,” said the ritual abuse experts during the day care scare. “Believe the survivors,” say today’s rape culturalists. To not believe an alleged victim is to risk being called a rape apologist.

Cant be true.....Firefly told me so!
BillRM

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 07:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Now if we could only get a real number on the number of women who suffer rape-rape on campus. If it were more than 1 in a thousand I would be shocked.

Reported rapes at universities are a matter of public record now and can be found on the websites of those universities along with other Crime Statistics.

An you happen to be in the ballpark part Hawkeye as my looking at those statistics for a random sample come up with from zero to three rapes a year at universities with thousands of women students.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 07:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Note to Firefly:

You had better come up with a picture mocking Christina Hoff Sommers, you must know where to find one with her in a tin foil hat.

You've got to keep the gag going since the facts are not on your side.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 07:37 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Reported rapes at universities are a matter of public record

My Michigan State, with almost 50,000 students, had 26 last year, and that includes the cases of confused consent and fondling.

But Bidden tells me that this is a huge problem, according to him if the national averages hold there about 5,000 reports missing ( plus those few men who are assaulted, what ever that number is) , and men had better help get them turned in! They owe it to women to find all of these undetected rapists.....the wimmins are scared and weak and so they have not been turning in the reports (and we understand of course) , we've got to help them get this done. Drunk

OVER 5000 REPORTS PER YEAR ARE MISSING! WE WANT THEM TURNED IN, NOW!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 08:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Penetration in spite of demonstrated non consent should be the standard, using force should get an additional penalty.

That is already the definition of sexual assault/rape in my state--including her simply saying ,"NO" or "Stop" as a verbal indicator of non-consent, as are behavioral indicators, of trying to push the attacker off, or trying to get out from under him.

Of course, she has to be physically able and capable of doing such things--not too incapacitated, by any factors, to do such things.

You are complaining of laws you actually agree with, you jerk. Laughing A good part of what you complain about is due to sheer ignorance of actual laws.
Quote:

I also demand that all cases where the state forbids the citizen from consenting be called something else. And these incursions into the rights of the citizens must be severely limited.

There are no laws that forbid competent adults from consenting.

The developmentally delayed can consent, 96 year olds can consent, those who have taken drugs or alcohol can consent, etc.

People in those groups are all free to consent to, and enjoy sex, if they want to.

However, when an individual in any of those groups experiences unwanted sexual contacts, and/or the individual could not demonstrate non-consent, or indicate these contacts were unwanted, at the time of the contact, because of impairment, they can bring charges of sexual assault/rape--and the impaired condition is asserted as indicating no consent was given. In those instances, the victim is asserting there was no consent, they are asserting that they were in a condition where their consent could not legally be given.
Quote:
In general, sexual assault is involuntary sexual contact that occurs through the actors use of force, coercion or the victim's incapacitation. The law will consider the victim incapacitated if they do not have the mental ability to understand the nature of the sexual acts, or if they are physically incapable of indicating their unwillingness to participate in the sexual conduct. Common examples of these charges may arise from the use of alcohol or date rape drugs, both of which can make it impossible for a victim to legally consent to sexual conduct. http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/sexual-assault-overview.html#sthash.UeC7rcL5.dpuf

So, in case of the 9 women accusing Darren Sharper of sexual assault/rape, they are asserting he drugged them, which rendered them unconscious, and unable to consent, making his acts rape.

The 89 year old woman in that nursing home could have consented to sex, if she wanted to, and was competent to understand the situation. In fact, the nursing home claimed she was competent, very "flirtatious" and did "want it". But, she, in fact, didn't want that sexual contact, which is why she reported it to her daughter, which is what led to the conviction of her rapist, a staff worker in her nursing home.

Again, you are ignorant of the actual laws. They do not remove the right to consent, for competent adults.

Children and young teens are not allowed to consent.

I can't believe that, after 4 years of this thread, you are so damn ignorant of actual laws.

Quote:

Touching a womans ass or tit should not be called sexual assault, as the sexual motivation is assumed not demonstrated ...

No motivation is assumed in the law. Laws don't deal with motivations, they describe criminal acts. Again, this is ignorance on your part.

Just touching, of that sort, is not actually called "sexual assault". Unwanted groping, of breasts, genital areas, on the other hand, is covered under the general area of sexual assault laws, although it's not specifically called "sexual assault". Again, the laws are much more specific than you think they are.
Quote:

I further demand that all cases of confused consent, which is the majority of what we now call sexual assualt, be dealt with through education and counselling, at least for the first few events...

"Confused consent" is a half-ass defense offered by someone who violated the law.
If consent is at all "confused" or unclear, sexual contact should just stop, until consent is clear and no longer "confused"--that's how you avoid violating the law.

Sorry, counseling, as the punishment for several instances of rape, is absurd. We are talking about serious crimes.

Do you want burglars, who enter your house and steal your property, and claim that, because you left a window open, they had "confused content" about whether you were inviting them in, and offering them your property, to receive counseling too? Rolling Eyes Just how ridiculous do you want to get?

You're not only abysmally ignorant of the actual laws you continually attack and bitch about, your perceptions of these crimes are seriously out of whack.

Your ignorance is truly stunning. And, in your case, the dunce cap should be made out of tin foil.

http://thickblackline.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/dunce-cap-hat.jpg

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 08:43 pm
@firefly,
These would be the same laws that the feminists call completely inadequate because they dont result in enough conviction, which they want to change but have been unable to get their wayx but they have modified by pushing through min sentences, mandated anti accused jury instructions, and long lists of things the judge is not allowed to consider because they likely would argue for a not quilty verdict or lighter sentence.

If we could move back to the laws (and that includes mandates to judges and juries) that we had a decade ago I would be pretty ok. I am certainly arguing that we dont make the injustice towards defendents any worse.
firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 08:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
WE HAD THESE SAME STATE SEXUAL ASSAULT/RAPE LAWS A DECADE AGO!

You're just ignorant of the actual laws. That's why you never cite any actual laws.

You're too wrapped up in your paranoid conspiracy theories to bother with the realities of the laws.

You're just a jackass. And your ignorant posts regarding actual laws demonstrate that.
http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00043/DunceCap_43426a.JPG

Yup, you never give up, even though you are ignorant of the actual laws you whine about.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:02 pm
@firefly,
The law is both the statute and how it is applied.

Please assure me that you did not go to law school. I am begging you!
firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The law is both the statute and how it is applied.

The law is only applied to the criminal actions it describes--the charge against someone must link the accused's behavior to the wording of the law. And that wording tends to be quite specific.

You sure didn't go to law school. Laughing

Sorry, Hawkeye, you obviously need this entire topic dumbed down so you can understand it, and it's not my job to keep doing that for you.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye look at what some congress members are trying to do to rig the military justice system in order to get more of our soldiers charge and convicted of sexual misdeeds.

The Federal Courts had already blocked some of the changes as being so unfair to the accuses that the changes are unconstitutional.

It not bad enough that our military men need to risk their lives for all of us but now they need to also risk their freedoms due to drum up sexual misconduct charges.
firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hawkeye look at what some congress members are trying to do to rig the military justice system in order to get more of our soldiers charge and convicted of sexual misdeeds.

http://theoutloudblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/head-up-ass.jpg

Moron, some of those military men are being sexually assaulted/raped by other military men. These men need protection, and such crimes must be deterred and stopped. You have no genuine concern for men either. For you, this topic is nothing but an excuse for an anti-female rant.
Quote:

Sexual Trauma Among Men in the Military

It is hard to estimate the number of military servicemen who have suffered from sexual trauma during active duty. Reliable statistics simply don’t exist. VA records show that one in every 100 male veterans treated by the VA reported being sexually traumatized by fellow servicemen during their military careers. Given that 18 million of the 24.5 million veterans don’t use the VA health system and that the majority of sexual assaults go unreported, the numbers are undoubtedly much higher.

The Stigma of Military Sexual Trauma

Military sexual trauma, defined as any unwanted sexual activity, including harassment, sodomy, rape, verbal remarks, grabbing and pressure for sexual favors, affects thousands of men each year. Victims are most often young, low-ranking enlistees who fall prey to peers’ and superiors’ desire to demean or humiliate others. The acts are rarely homosexual in nature but rather an effort to feel powerful or dominant over others.

"Sexual assaults on military men is much more prevalent than people imagine," said VA psychologist David Sutton, a former Air Force pilot and Vietnam vet who counsels male sexual assault victims. "In basic training, it’s easy to exert one’s power over a young recruit. And even if they do report it, there is an attempt to disregard it or an attempt to cover it up."

Shame and stigma run deep in all forms of sexual abuse, but are particularly problematic for men in the military. Because sexual assault is often misperceived as a “women’s issue,” men may be afraid to appear “weak” in the eyes of their comrades. Rather than jeopardize the career they’ve worked so hard to build or make themselves a target for retaliation, most men stay quiet. Concern over being labeled homosexual or “less of a man” makes it even more difficult to come forward.

A 2010 Pentagon survey indicated that almost half of active-duty soldiers who had been sexually assaulted kept silent because they didn’t want anyone to know; one-third said they didn’t think anything would be done; and nearly 30 percent said they feared retaliation.

Trauma Destroys Lives

Trauma lies at the heart of many of the most insidious and life-threatening mental health disorders. Substance abuse, eating disorders, sex addiction, depression and anxiety all frequently develop as a result of trauma.

Military sexual trauma destroys people’s sense of self. Victims lose their ability to trust in their relationships, focus on the job, and feel love and happiness. Many suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks, sleep problems, chronic pain, and other emotional and physical conditions. Although they may leave the military alive, many wish they weren’t. Post-traumatic stress disorder and suicide rates are high among survivors of military sexual abuse.

The trauma men experience ends up being relived over and over. First, men are being attacked by the people they are supposed to trust with their lives. In many cases, the perpetrator is a supervisor or higher ranking authority figure with whom the individual has to live, work and answer to on a daily basis.

When reaching out for help, men are told they must’ve provoked the attack, and to keep quiet or else. Rather than punishing the assailant, it is often the victim who is moved to another unit, demoted or ostracized. Frequently, those who report a violation are classified as homosexual and kicked out of the military. Forced to give up their military careers or go AWOL, many experience ongoing humiliation and suffering back at home.

The trauma continues when men seek treatment at VA hospitals. In an institution that reportedly has long waiting lists and is run by the same institution that allowed the violation to occur, few military sexual trauma victims feel safe receiving the treatment they need.

Government Efforts Insufficient

The government has tried to prove that it takes military sexual trauma seriously, defining the condition in broad terms and establishing a specially trained unit to handle incident reports. As a result of a 1999 federal law, veterans are routinely asked in a Department of Veterans Affairs survey whether they were sexually harassed or assaulted during their military careers.

Many say these steps aren’t sufficient, and that civilian laws offer more protection than military procedures for prosecuting these crimes. According to Pentagon figures, only 15 percent of reported cases were prosecuted last year.

Servicemen who have sustained emotional rather than physical injuries face a series of obstacles in getting benefits. While veterans who file claims for combat-related PTSD do not need to have reported the incident when it happened or have proof that it occurred, those subjected to sexual trauma have the burden to prove that the sexual assault occurred.

Legislation has been introduced to combat this double standard, but the process takes time and the outcome is uncertain. Meanwhile, thousands of servicemen continue to be assaulted, often by assailants who have offended before and have never been brought to justice.

Recently, a group of 16 men and women who were sexually assaulted during active service filed a class-action lawsuit against Defense Secretary Robert Gates and his predecessor, Donald Rumsfeld. They are accusing the military of running institutions in which “perpetrators were promoted …and Plaintiffs and other victims were openly subjected to retaliation.”

Help for Male Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma

People don’t want to acknowledge military sexual trauma because it may tarnish the reputation of the U.S. military. But not talking about it only exacerbates the shame and stigma, driving men further into hiding.

Any time there is a lack of awareness, there is often a lack of resources. Few male survivors of military sexual trauma know where to turn for help with trauma recovery. Just as many clinicians are unsure of which programs and community resources are available to their patients. There is only one VA inpatient facility in Florida dedicated to treating sexual trauma, and its wait list continues to grow.

Veterans who have experienced sexual trauma are calling for greater assistance both within and outside the military. In addition to proposed improvements to the VA treatment system, social networking sites, crisis centers, and treatment programs for trauma and related issues are all playing an important role in helping survivors of military sexual trauma.

The men and women who serve our country do so in pursuit of justice, yet the treatment they receive insults the commitment they’ve shown to protect a country that doesn’t protect them in return. With greater awareness, more equitable laws and improved access to trauma treatment, fewer servicemen will lose their families, careers and mental health at the hands of other Americans.
http://www.recoveryranch.com/articles/trauma-and-ptsd-articles/sexual-trauma-among-men-in-the-military/

You and Hawkeye are a terrific duo--dumb and dumber.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:29 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

they start with " these are the results we want" and then they move on to how to rig the system to get them. Justice it is not.

We see the exact same malignancy in science. Not enough people care about that abomination either.

Quote:
It not bad enough that our military men need to risk their lives for all of us but now they need to also risk their freedoms due to drum up sexual misconduct charges.
it raises the question of where are we going to find men willing to subject themselves to the abuse. the same situation is developing at University. The same situation has long existed in politics (though in that case both genders are abused)...and look at how that has turned out. We are lucky if we can get any of the top 500 people to run for any particular office. Most people with any sense look at it and say " why in the **** would I want to put myself or my family through that??"

I am trying to think of a good saying here, I know there are a few, about thinking we are so smart and pure as we go **** ourselves. " the road to hell is paved in good intentions" is close, but not exactly right. " a little bit of knowledge is dangerous thing" kind of fits too.
firefly

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your lack of concern for the military men who are being sexually abused/raped, says it all, Hawkeye. Like BillRM, you have no real concern for men at all, you two just like to go on an anti-female rant--and the sort of things you say about women are not unlike the sentiments of the paranoid young man who committed mass murder in Santa Barbara, California yesterday. His anti-female writings sounded remarkably like you. I was struck by the similarity as soon as I heard them.

You're so full of hot air, I'm surprised your feet can still touch the ground. It's a shame you don't have the intelligence to support all of your soap-box pomposity. You always wind up defeating your own arguments with your blatant ignorance.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:54 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Your lack of concern for the military men who are being sexually abused/raped, says it all, Hawkeye. Like BillRM, you have no real concern for men at all

that is funny. The feminists control sex policy, and the majority of the funds for it are run through a program called the Violence Against Women Act. Men are forbidden from entering the majority of abuse shelters, which we pay for. Bidden barely mentions sexual abuse against men. All of which plus a lot more I have complained about often.

My pro men victim bonafides are solid.