Euro 2004 draw FOOTBALL (soccer)

fbaezer

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 05:03 pm
I just have to feel better.

So... you may not know this, but according to the International Federation of Football Statistics, PUMAS -UNAM was Club of the Month for June 2004.

The BIG news

OK. Now I feel better.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 10:21 pm
OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE

GREECE in the FINAL ! OLE Very Happy

They have it absolute earned. Otto Rehagel, a very well coach. Congratulations. Perhaps already for the title. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:12 am
I do have to say I didn't expected the Greeks to end up in the final.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:42 am
Today is mourning,crying,disappointing,and an unbelievable tragedy for me as well as a lot of people who are in favour of Czech.
Czech was lost to Greece in the additional time.
Czech had more goal opportunities than Greece,but luckiness didnot stand by them.
Why?Can you tell me why?
In the 1/4 finals France was also defeated by Greece which had made me disappointed.
Maybe Greece had its unique way to win the game but it was far far beyond my expectation.
Nedved was doomed to be a miserable superstar;he had no chance to play in the final ascribed to many factors,such as injury,double yellow cards and so on.
Now I have nothing more to say just hope Nedved will feel better.
Final game will be the same two teams in the first game,Portugal vs Greece.
I hope Portugal,as the host,will laugh in the end.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:49 am
I hate Greek kind of football, but I am glad Czechs are out and I hope they will never win anything.
I will never support them and they can play against Nazi Gorillas from Pluto and I will support Nazi Gorillas from Pluto.
Why? Because of Faroe Islands - Czech Republic qualifying game (I think it was qualifier for WC2002) - Czechs played poorly and it was 0-0, 88th or 89th minute...one Faroe player was injured (and he WAS injured, they are fishermen, waiters and bus drivers that play football for fun) and they kicked ball out of play. Retarded Czechs, however, haven't gave the ball back to them (which is basics of fair play and biggest rivals do that on every single game) but instead scored in few seconds while Faroe players were expecting them to be fair.

So, they can cry as much as they want. I don't care.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:01 am
I can't see the Greek's luck holding through the final. Better football has to win in the end ?

So I would go for a comfortable win for Portugal, 3:0

On the other hand, if Greece won, well I wouldn't stop laughing for a week.
0 Replies

magnum

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:16 am
I don't think that Portugal plays better football, the only thing they can is fall down in in the penalty area, and espacially Figo has made that his trademark
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:23 am
yeah, those seven penalties Portugal had against Netherlands surely pissed you off.
I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, I am just wondering how do you rate team that was in eyes of neutral viewers completely outclassed by Portugal? Wink
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:36 am
Portugal have got everything going for them. Superstar players. At home. Support from everywhere, including all the match officials....

The Greeks must be as shocked as everyone else they got to the final. They will be overjoyed to come second in the competition.

There is NO WAY Portugal will lose this match. I'm off now to bet my life savings on it. Wink
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 04:41 am
mad... *laugh*

well, difficult to say: Portugal, a poor country at least in football well. Greece, the sensation of the EURO 2004.

SUNDAY OLE Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 05:40 am
Well, I have Portugal wins - that way Ronaldo will take his shirt off once again and I will get a chance to ogle at his body Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 06:01 am
He got booked for taking his shirt off last time, so if he's any sense he won't do it again. Sorry to depress your interest in football Gautam.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 06:14 am
Damn !
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 10:09 am
My neighbourhood went wild yesterday. I live within shouting distance of Greektown here. As it was Canada Day, there were lots of cars with Greek and Canadian flags flying.

Greek/Portugal match-up. Either way, there is going to be massive partying in this town.

oh - and i like the soccer too!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 11:32 am
I found out yesterday that football in Greek is called "Podospheros".

A beautiful name: podos: foot, like in podologist; spheros: ball, sphere.

The one thing I like about Greece's victory is that podospheros had never given the Greeks anything, absolutely anything in exchange for their love of the game. Finally, the goddess Niké was at their side.

--------
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 11:40 am
fbaezer wrote:
Finally, the goddess Niké was at their side.
... and King Otto :wink:
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 12:34 pm
Yes, "King Otto", Walter.

I have to admit that "King Otto" was, by far, the "best" coach in the cup, meaning the "most efficient".

He turned his team into "Zee Hellenic Fussball Machine". Disciplined, always keeping the tactical order, biting at every moment, with great stamina and athleticism. Some sort of Teutons with Mediterranean faces.

He also created one of the most boring teams in the history of football.

If I were Greek I wouldn't give a damn, because our national squad would be finally winning. But, alas, I'm not Greek, just a football fan who appreciates tactics, but truly enjoys when immagination, ambition and talent are displayed in the field.

From what I saw, what were the best games in this Eurocup?

Czech Republic - Netherlands
Portugal - England
Czech Republic - Denmark
Portugal - Netherlands
France - England
Czech Republic - Germany

What were the most boring games?

Greece - France
Sweden - Denmark
Croatia - Switzerland
Greece - Czech Republic
Greece - Spain
Germany - Latvia

It follows that the Czech Republic, Netherlands, Portugal and England proposed good games, and that Greece's best assett is their capacity of making all their rivals play bad.
That "King Otto's" making.

Who knows, perhaps Greece will, once more, put a trailer camp in their own area, hope that Portugal will get desperate, launch a modest counterattack, find a goal, build a thicker wall around their own area, and win the cup.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 01:12 pm
Well, I agree.

However, having a team with no real stars, with players, who even didn't actualy want to play national, he did the best in that situation: playing "old-style-Italian-football": defense, defense, defense and hoping for one fault of the others.
Thus, the Greeks have been the ultimate giant killers.

I think, Portugal will beat the Greeks ..... but not only I've said, the French and Czech's would have done before, too. :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:16 pm
And I agree too.

Hey there's far too much agreein' goin' on round here.

this place is for football and argument and er well if its obvious, agreement.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:29 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
And I agree too.

Hey there's far too much agreein' goin' on round here.

this place is for football and argument and er well if its obvious, agreement.

Well, we could change the location and start discussing e.g. here
http://www.essexpubs.net/Netteswell/archdart.jpg

... which certainly different "agreements" Laughing
0 Replies