Josef cv

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:23 am
@MrPoggy,
Good point, my friend.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:29 pm
@Josef cv,
What the hell does this story have to do with the holocaust? Proof for this story.
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:10 am
@RABEL222,
It was in all the newspapers. You must exhibit some initiative and look it up for yourself. Google would be a good starting point. Try "girl and apples hoax."
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:40 am
@Josef cv,
A thread like is what makes people believe right wing republicans are idiots.
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:41 am
@MMarciano,
What are you talking about? Are you saying it is a lie? The couple were on national TV talk shows admitting their deception. Geeze, Louise!
MMarciano

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:46 am
@Josef cv,
No, I'm saying you're an idiot.
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 10:49 am
@MMarciano,
You can say anything you wish, but saying it doesn't make it so. You aren't too sharp if you have been brain-washed and hung out to dry by a lifetime of Zionist propaganda and deception, my friend.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 01:52 pm
@Josef cv,
Well if it’s on a TV talk show then it MUST be true. And don’t call me Louise!
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:22 pm
@Josef cv,

Quote:
I was hoping some illiterate fool would jump on that, and you fulfilled my every hope, Shlomo.

"Guys" is not the subject, fool, it is "none," as in "not one," which is singular, and "guys" is only a descriptive pronoun.

"Not ONE (of you guys) can think for himself." Got it?

So you're running around A2K pretending to be a grammar guru, a language maven, eh, Joe?

"guys" is not a pronoun, Joe.

And, as regards, 'none', you are completely out to lunch.

Quote:

Eleven mistakes about grammar mistakes

March 8, 2010 @ 11:12 am · Filed by Geoffrey K. Pullum under Errors, Language teaching and learning, Usage advice

9. Number 9 actually is about grammar, but what the page says is not true. It asserts that none "is always singular" for purposes of verb agreement. This just isn't true for Standard English. When none is a subject, the agreement is often plural (are, for instance). None of us are perfect, says the Reverend Dr. Chasuble in Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. Wilde was not intending to portray Dr. Chasuble as incapable of speaking correct English. The myth that none takes only singular agreement on the verb lives on despite many refutations. Serious handbooks of grammar and style don't represent it as ungrammatical. (Of course, the idiots Strunk and White do in their clueless book The Elements of Style; but they get almost everything wrong.)

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=2168

Have you got your trusty little pamphlet by S&W by your side? Is this the mighty tome from which you pull your grammar tips or do they come straight out of your behind?
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:32 pm
@MMarciano,
Why shouldn't I call you Louise?
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:34 pm
@JTT,
You sound like a defeated, angry, ashamed, ignorant, uneducated guy who can't accept defeat. Pity!
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:39 pm
@Josef cv,
Quote:
You sound like a defeated, angry, ashamed, ignorant, uneducated guy who can't accept defeat. Pity!

Could you parse that sentence for me please, Jo? I want to learn the names of all the parts of speech from an honest-to-goodness real grammar/language expert like yourself.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:42 pm
@Josef cv,
Keep it up and I'll force you to eat Morgan's meatloaf!
JTT

@Josef cv,
Quote:
Why shouldn't I call you Louise?

Yeah, why shouldn't he call you Louise? He gets most everything else wrong.
Josef cv

@JTT,
I don't think so, J, it is my belief that enabling ignorant people with free lessons does more harm than good, but I do suggest you avail yourself of a grammar school English text and get your mom to read it to you.
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:43 pm
@MMarciano,
What does it taste like, big man?
0 Replies

Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:44 pm
@JTT,
Goodness, J, you sure are an angry young man, aren't you, Bubba?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 03:02 pm
@Josef cv,
Quote:
I don't think so, J,

Well, of course not, Jo. That was major sarcasm. You, yourself, wouldn't recommend anyone listen to a bozo like you who can't even identify a simple part of speech; a bozo who simply parrots the nonsensical grammar notions of other bozos.

Quote:
but I do suggest you avail yourself of a grammar school English text

Why, so I can be as ignorant as you on the grammar and workings of the English language?

You owe the people who you have attempted to malign with these silly notions about language, which, it must be noted, you have simply copied from others, a big apology.

0 Replies