Sara Palin bad choice

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:54 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59725 wrote:
You said "stealing", prove it! If we are/were stealing oil that would make out soldiers murderers instead of liberators wouldn't it.
When out prerogative changes.

The iraq people see american troops on their soil as an occupying force,they don;t want you there,they don't want you trying to control their government and their oil.

If its not about oil why don't you leave and let them get on with rebulilding their country that the US helped destroy.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:00 am
@scooby-doo cv,
"Oil is much too important a commodity to be left in the hands of the Arabs"

Henry Kissenger

What a shocking statement to make ! very racist don't you think ?
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:06 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59725 wrote:
You said "stealing", prove it! If we are/were stealing oil that would make out soldiers murderers instead of liberators wouldn't it.
When out prerogative changes.

Bush said he wants to bring democracy to the Middle-Eas,is Saidi Arabia exempt because they happen to be close friends with the Bush Family,yet more hypocrisy and double standards.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:54 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;59750 wrote:
I adjusted my life to be 'green' long before it was hip, PC and the only way to afford living.

I've been ahead of the curve for YEARS. Thanks for catching up, though.
So you use no petroleum products?
Drnaline

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:55 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59769 wrote:
You won't find a bigger critic of British Imperialism on this forum than me,the US seems to have taken over where Britain left off,trying to control other countries governments and their resources.
Pot meet kettle.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:54 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59785 wrote:

It looks like you are reaching!
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:09 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59062 wrote:
She wants creationism taught in school

:ban:

Yeah, some would not want the fables of Evolution revealed with facts that would be revealed if creationism were taught in the public schools. You know, that information believers in Evolution have tried to bury.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:20 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59327 wrote:
Lord help us. A woman in the White House. And given her temperment, and her obvious lack of judgment and parenting skills, she'll, undoubtedly, leave much to be desired.
Gotcha. That was a fantasy.
You people severely underestimate the climate and pulse of the nation.
Folks are pissed. Pissed at the last 8 years. And if you think folks are going to go with McCain, which would be a vote for 4 more years of the same, somebody is doing "crack", and fiendin'.
Palin is "Hillary Lite", and without the skills or the experience.

I think it was Obama that was doing crack, as he stated in his book. McCain and his running mate want to drill for oil, and build 40 nuke reactors. And it is Obama who says, we don't need to drill for oil, or build the reactors. It is Obama's judgement that I question. I agree with with McCain, drill baby drill.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:09 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;59848 wrote:
Yeah, some would not want the fables of Evolution revealed with facts that would be revealed if creationism were taught in the public schools. You know, that information believers in Evolution have tried to bury.

Creationism isn't science. End of story.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 07:11 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
I have a question for you campbell.

What advancements in human understanding have been made by assuming a supernatural explanation?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:02 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;59849 wrote:
I think it was Obama that was doing crack, as he stated in his book. McCain and his running mate want to drill for oil, and build 40 nuke reactors. And it is Obama who says, we don't need to drill for oil, or build the reactors. It is Obama's judgement that I question. I agree with with McCain, drill baby drill.

Hate to tell you this Campie... but the "nuke reactors" claim that McCain makes is absolutely laughable. You couldn't get ONE reactor up in the time constraints he has proposed. Even then, it would take even LONGER for it to produce its first megawatt.

Looks like somebody doesn't know diddly about THAT, either.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:04 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;59848 wrote:

Really? Provide direct evidence of a Creator.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:09 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59785 wrote:

Now where did I say that? Looks like somebody's twisting words.

I merely said that it's about time you joined the rest of us in being responsible.
westernmom

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:04 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;59948 wrote:
Now where did I say that? Looks like somebody's twisting words.

I merely said that it's about time you joined the rest of us in being responsible.

I have a problem with someone like you making judgments on "how to be responsible".

Clearly your ideas are different than what I or others might think.

My idea of responsibility might be to require everyone to become a wolf eater so that we can control the population of wolves here in our area as they have been destroying our livestock. Your idea might be that we all need to become vegans. See my point?

Shouldn't Al Gore move into a smaller more energy efficient home and use a bike rather than a jet while strutting his stuff about global warming?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:22 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60007 wrote:
I have a problem with someone like you making judgments on "how to be responsible".

Clearly your ideas are different than what I or others might think.

My idea of responsibility might be to require everyone to become a wolf eater so that we can control the population of wolves here in our area as they have been destroying our livestock. Your idea might be that we all need to become vegans. See my point?

Shouldn't Al Gore move into a smaller more energy efficient home and use a bike rather than a jet while strutting his stuff about global warming?

Anyone with a bit of sense in them can agree needlessly destroying the environment is being irresponsible!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 07:10 am
@TheBestPerspective,
But your definition of "needlessly" can be different from mine.

To me, grizzly bears and wolves are a life threatening problem. To city folk they are cute and cuddly and should be let roam free. To me the use of large pickup truck is a necessity for my husband, to city folk a scooter may be the best. To me using cloth diapers was a necessity, but to city folk it's fill up the landfills with disposables.
To me it's okay to drink tap water, to city folk it's fill up the landfills with plastic bottled water. To me dams are important to preserve irrigation water, to city folk it's more important to preserve the salmon spawning habitat.

We each have our own set of rules for good stewardship on this earth and it's usually governed by our life circumstances. I just don't think that we should judge each others' habits.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 10:29 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60018 wrote:

To me, grizzly bears and wolves are a life threatening problem. To city folk they are cute and cuddly and should be let roam free. To me the use of large pickup truck is a necessity for my husband, to city folk a scooter may be the best. To me using cloth diapers was a necessity, but to city folk it's fill up the landfills with disposables.
To me it's okay to drink tap water, to city folk it's fill up the landfills with plastic bottled water. To me dams are important to preserve irrigation water, to city folk it's more important to preserve the salmon spawning habitat.

We each have our own set of rules for good stewardship on this earth and it's usually governed by our life circumstances. I just don't think that we should judge each others' habits.

You can play word games all you want but there is a rational limitation to what people consider "needlessly". If taken to an absurd extreme anything can be subjective.

My point being that all you need to do is use a little common sense and we will come to an agreement of what "needless destruction" constitutes. But don't waste my time with your semantics.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 05:29 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;60018 wrote:

Not really. There's a difference between "necessary" and "responsible".

Quote:
To me, grizzly bears and wolves are a life threatening problem. To city folk they are cute and cuddly and should be let roam free.

Dispatching of predators that attack your livestock is necessity. Ensuring that they aren't over hunted for "fun" or "just because it's legal to shoot them" is responsibility.

Quote:
To me the use of large pickup truck is a necessity for my husband, to city folk a scooter may be the best.

Using a pickup for farm use and work is necessity. Making sure it is properly maintained (tuneups and properly inflated tires... where have we heard that?) is responsibility.

Quote:
To me using cloth diapers was a necessity, but to city folk it's fill up the landfills with disposables.

Disposables are a problem for both of us. People just don't like the idea of washing soiled diapers... that goes for all sides. Again, responsibility is using cloth diapers.

Quote:
To me it's okay to drink tap water, to city folk it's fill up the landfills with plastic bottled water.

There's a couple of jokes around here concerning bottled water... "Evian" spelled backwards is "Naive", and "Aquafina" when split into two pieces makes "Aqua Fina"... loosely translated means "end of water".

Bottled water is the most pointless thing I have ever heard of. Even us "city folk" know what comes out of a tap is good enough to drink. If you're THAT concerned, buy a filter. It's cheaper and more effective.

Quote:
To me dams are important to preserve irrigation water, to city folk it's more important to preserve the salmon spawning habitat.

Both are important, and there are ways to handle both issues together.

Quote:

Again, there's a difference between necessity and responsibility. As long as you are responsible, then you're doing your part. I do mine by driving fuel efficient vehicles, using low power lights and energy star appliances, recycling and wasting less food. It's required me to do next to nothing different, all I had to do was be a bit smarter... a bit more responsible.
0 Replies