scooby-doo;59134 wrote:
:eek: Saddam still alive

I thought we got him.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:45 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59192 wrote:
Why is that ? is someone right-wing racist going to kill him ?

Perhaps. I see there are still sentiments for that point of view...the more things change, the more they remain the same. Do we have to go through more of the kindergarten rants and name calling...I had thought issues mattered more than personalities. Oops, on the other hand, when there is a such a dearth of personality coming from the right, I can understand the motivation for the attacks. If I hear the POW reference one more time, I think I'll puke. Give it a rest already.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:51 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;59195 wrote:
Sounds like you liberals are running scared! She's the new face of politics so get ready 'cause the race is on guys!

She's smart, unafraid, down to earth, not one of the "good ole boys," articulate, and everything we need in Washington.

I was a Romney fan and was very hopeful for his nomination but am delighted with the choice of Palin. It has the libs running around trying to figure out what to do!

I am woman, hear me roar!

Lord help us. A woman in the White House. And given her temperment, and her obvious lack of judgment and parenting skills, she'll, undoubtedly, leave much to be desired.
Gotcha. That was a fantasy.
You people severely underestimate the climate and pulse of the nation.
Folks are pissed. Pissed at the last 8 years. And if you think folks are going to go with McCain, which would be a vote for 4 more years of the same, somebody is doing "crack", and fiendin'.
Palin is "Hillary Lite", and without the skills or the experience.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 09:19 pm
@TheBestPerspective,
Picture this, aid comes into the presidents bedroom at three in the mournin. Sir Iran/Syria has attacked Isreal what do we do? Hussein responds, hold on, let me call Biden, he'll know what to do!
westernmom

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 11:52 pm
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;59327 wrote:
Lord help us. A woman in the White House. And given her temperment, and her obvious lack of judgment and parenting skills, she'll, undoubtedly, leave much to be desired.
Gotcha. That was a fantasy.
You people severely underestimate the climate and pulse of the nation.
Folks are pissed. Pissed at the last 8 years. And if you think folks are going to go with McCain, which would be a vote for 4 more years of the same, somebody is doing "crack", and fiendin'.
Palin is "Hillary Lite", and without the skills or the experience.

Give me a break! A woman in the WH is just what we need! A woman isn't afraid to blow the whistle on her croneys if they are abusing power (just like home). We don't sit around and worry about the feelings (or bank accounts) we might hurt if someone is doing something wrong. That comes from having to deal with "injustices" everyday of our lives.

Her parenting skills? What? Since when does raising a family mean it is just the mom's job? She has her husband and extended family that is all involved in her kids lives. If my daughter had the opportunity that Sarah has I would be quitting my job and moving to Washington to help with the grandkids!

Because her 17 year old got pregnant? Is that your point? I would dare bet that if she would have been a lib that pregnancy would never have seen the light of day because the parents would have forced an unwanted abortion on her. It happens in the best and the worst of families. It's how it is handled that makes the difference. A hundred years ago a 17 year old was the median age for getting pregnant! Most women weren't given much of a different option - you got married and had babies!

Explain temperment and lack of judgement... I need examples of why your state that.

Why is Hillary a better woman? Because she was a lawyer who lived in the WH and forgave her man for cheating on her constantly? I consider that a lack of judgement.
I have a personal friend who knows her personally and says that her language and temper would put a truck driver to shame! Is that the personality to raise a daughter? But, on the other hand, they say Sarah is the same at home as she is in public. That's a compliment!

I raised five kids - one with cerebral palsy - and was always involved in community, church, schools, and other service organizations and never felt that my family suffered. In fact, they are all very well educated and are go-getters in their lives! I say "Go get 'em, Sarah"!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59329 wrote:
Picture this, aid comes into the presidents bedroom at three in the mournin. Sir Iran/Syria has attacked Isreal what do we do? Hussein responds, hold on, let me call Biden, he'll know what to do!

No, it would be:

Uhmmmm, let me say this, now let me say this, uhmmmm - first I need to ask Michelle, yeah, ask Michelle what she thinks. And then maybe call my grandmother. Yeah, she gives good advice and she's one of my trusted advisors even though I only spent one hour with her while I was Hawaii - she's one of my advisors. Uhmmmm, let me say this, oh yeah, maybe I better call Rev Wright and pray about it because this really is above my pay grade. After Wright explains to me how God damn's America then maybe he will tell us how we can handle this. But you know, maybe after I look at it I don't know if I have sat down and talked with Ahmedinejad long enough. That meeting we had with Castro and Chavez last week should have stopped all of this. Uhmmmm, yeah, Ahmedinejad said he wouldn't do this and we negotiated it. He's my friend. Let me say this, he's my friend. But, he might have a reason I haven't studied. I would need to check and make sure this isn't above my pay grade once again. Oh, yeah, maybe Biden should have a say - but you know, I could ask Hillary - she likes phone calls at 3:00 in the morning. She didn't get too mad when we told her at 3 in the morning that I didn't want her! uhmmmmmmm.......
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:05 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59318 wrote:
I really wish you had your own opinions. If I wanted to watch Utube I would do that instead of trying to have a debate here.

:rollinglaugh: KARL ROVE'S OPINIONS :lightbulb: SURELY EVEN YOU CAN SEE THE DOUBLE STANDARDS OR MAYBE NOT
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:01 am
@TheBestPerspective,
Okay, I just listened to this. Ummmm.... Sure she was a mayor at one time, but also on the city council, PTA pres, on the energy board, AND............... GOVENOR of a state! Let's not forget that. So what are you implying with this?

So, does that mean if you worked at Burger King at one time you would never be qualified for working anywhere else?
westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:01 am
@TheBestPerspective,
Oh, on the Sarah part - voice over huh?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:14 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59341 wrote:
Okay, I just listened to this. Ummmm.... Sure she was a mayor at one time, but also on the city council, PTA pres, on the energy board, AND............... GOVENOR of a state! Let's not forget that. So what are you implying with this?

So, does that mean if you worked at Burger King at one time you would never be qualified for working anywhere else?

"So what are you implying by this" you have got to be joking :lightbulb:

Listen carefully to what the Republican mastermind has to say !
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:15 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59342 wrote:
Oh, on the Sarah part - voice over huh?

Nope i dont think so :lightbulb:
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:41 am
@TheBestPerspective,
Yes, Sarah made that comment - but not at that time. We discussed this earlier.

Also, Rove was talking about a man that hadn't distinquished himself with any accomplishments. Quite different than Sarah. Running scared still, aren't you? I love it! This is called grasping at straws.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:45 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59353 wrote:
Yes, Sarah made that comment - but not at that time. We discussed this earlier.

Also, Rove was talking about a man that hadn't distinquished himself with any accomplishments. Quite different than Sarah. Running scared still, aren't you? I love it! This is called grasping at straws.

What :rollinglaugh: the man in question was a governor with more experience that palin :lightbulb:
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:54 am
@TheBestPerspective,
Experience and accomplishments are two different things. I can sit in my office every day for 8 hours and get experience but if I don't write policies and procedures that help our safety program or help with fiscal growth then I don't accomplish much.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:11 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59359 wrote:
Experience and accomplishments are two different things. I can sit in my office every day for 8 hours and get experience but if I don't write policies and procedures that help our safety program or help with fiscal growth then I don't accomplish much.

But lets cut to the chase here,if Sarah palin was a liberal you wouldn't be saying she is the best thing since sliced bread,you would be attacking her like you would be if Hillary had won the nomination,even ardent republicans knew nothing of Sarah Palin.
westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:29 am
@TheBestPerspective,
I had actually been hearing good things about her for months as her name was circulating in my circle for awhile. We have friends in Alaska. Bill Kristol predicted her nomination several months ago.

Yes, I would be attacking Hillary. I am very conservative and Palin is much more in line with my values. We have been a hunting and fishing family, we have a strong religious faith, we think all life should be valued and never aborted, we think that the 'insiders' should be routed out, we have strong family values, we hate wasteful spending, we are involved in our community (have been the PTA pres, coached soccer and softball, and served on city council), we have a lot in common with this down-to-earth woman!
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 03:29 am
@TheBestPerspective,
Oh, and I think - DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:08 am
@westernmom,
westernmom;59363 wrote:
Oh, and I think - DRILL, BABY, DRILL!!!

give the crack baby more crack so it doesn't go into withdraws.

:ban:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:09 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Our prerogative right now seems to be reducing our oil usage, getting more oil doesn't help us at all in the long run.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:26 am
@TheBestPerspective,
wanna reduce, get ride of your cars. If you won't, your part of the problem.