Sara Palin bad choice

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:54 am
@TheBestPerspective,
We need more oil from our own sources to beat the spiralling costs from oversea supplies, and as a stopgap while we ramp up other energy sources. Do you think wind, solar, and nuclear power just pop up as available without massive research and development?
If it takes 10 years to reap benefit from offshore and ANWAR drilling, then we will use those 10 years to develop alternatives that are viable.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:26 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59370 wrote:
Our prerogative right now seems to be reducing our oil usage, getting more oil doesn't help us at all in the long run.

More oil will buy us time to develope more efficient cars. More American oil will mean less money in the pockets of those who do not have our best intrest at heart. In the short term, America may not feel the need to go to war to protect some other countries oil. And in the short run, more Americans will be put to work. Nuke energy is the way to go if we plan to develop eletric cars for the future. Yet, Obama is not for doing that, nor is he for drilling for oil either. I don't see him as one with enought wisdom, or one who has our best intrest at heart. If America is to remain strong, we need to look at all energy solutions. I can see right now, Obama would be a do nothing president. When there are crucial choices to be made, he would be voting present.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:36 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59361 wrote:
But lets cut to the chase here,if Sarah palin was a liberal you wouldn't be saying she is the best thing since sliced bread,you would be attacking her like you would be if Hillary had won the nomination,even ardent republicans knew nothing of Sarah Palin.

We know she wants to drill for oil, and we know the democrats don't. We know when she had to vote on something she voted, and we know she did not vote 142 times present. Obama would be a do nothing president, who would stand in the way of American progress. He is not for the Nuke Energy, and he is not for drilling for oil, I'm not sure what he is actually for, Yet we know Sara is for both. I'm voting for Sara.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:41 pm
@TheBestPerspective,
A big part of the problem with these lib dem's is that they live within walking distance of the metro or they have a limo pick them up and so they have no concept of going to the pump and actually having to pay for their fuel.

They don't realize that many make a living not at a desk but behind the wheel. My husband's excavating and construction business is really feeling $4.50 diesel.

Did you notice that OPEC is going to cut oil production by 1/2 million barrels a day now because the price is dropping. I would love to see that and say, who cares?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:59 am
@westernmom,
If american want to drill then drill,maybe then you will stop stealing iraq oil and your troops can go home for good :thumbup:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59374 wrote:
wanna reduce, get ride of your cars. If you won't, your part of the problem.

I walk.

What about you?
Campbell34

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:50 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59481 wrote:
I walk.

What about you?

If Obama is elected we will all be walking.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 02:39 pm
@TheBestPerspective,
Scooby, can you show us how we are "stealing" Iraq's oil?
Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;59481 wrote:
I walk.

What about you?
I admit i'm part of the problem. I parked my gas gussler. Bought/recycled a 72 courier four banger for a grand. Started of getting 21/27 am now getting 26/34.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:32 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59425 wrote:
If american want to drill then drill,maybe then you will stop stealing iraq oil and your troops can go home for good :thumbup:
What do you have to back up your claim, heresay? Is it our troops that are stealin it, haliburton have a secret pipeline only you know about?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59502 wrote:
I admit i'm part of the problem. I parked my gas gussler. Bought/recycled a 72 courier four banger for a grand. Started of getting 21/27 am now getting 26/34.

Good. Because the numbers you spew are the numbers some of us have been riding for... oh, the past eight years. Thanks for joining the club, though.

At least you're admitting you're part of the problem. That's a start.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:08 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;59495 wrote:
Scooby, can you show us how we are "stealing" Iraq's oil?

I refer you to thread Iraq's Oil Supplies,quotes from Alan Geenspan,Dick Cheney & war criminal Henry Kissenger !

Surely after all this time you don't think the war in iraq was about WMDs and AlQeada,it was about oil and who controls its huge oil supplies.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:20 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59503 wrote:
What do you have to back up your claim, heresay? Is it our troops that are stealin it, haliburton have a secret pipeline only you know about?

Iraq's huge oil supplies was always what the US was after,not those WMDs and bringing democracy to Iraq.

Saudi arabia is not a democracy,when is the US going to invade and bring democracy to the people ?
Curmudgeon

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:46 pm
@TheBestPerspective,
Protecting the security of Iraq's oil is not stealing it. Where's the proof we are stealing it? Are we getting ANY oil from Iraq?
Drnaline

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:03 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;59511 wrote:
Good. Because the numbers you spew are the numbers some of us have been riding for... oh, the past eight years. Thanks for joining the club, though.

At least you're admitting you're part of the problem. That's a start.

And you think your not part of the problem?
Drnaline

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;59612 wrote:
Iraq's huge oil supplies was always what the US was after,not those WMDs and bringing democracy to Iraq.

Saudi arabia is not a democracy,when is the US going to invade and bring democracy to the people ?
You said "stealing", prove it! If we are/were stealing oil that would make out soldiers murderers instead of liberators wouldn't it.
Quote:
When out prerogative changes.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:14 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;59721 wrote:
Protecting the security of Iraq's oil is not stealing it. Where's the proof we are stealing it? Are we getting ANY oil from Iraq?
He likes calling people thieves, then you look at his countrys history and LOL.
Sabz5150

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:04 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59724 wrote:
And you think your not part of the problem?

I adjusted my life to be 'green' long before it was hip, PC and the only way to afford living.

I've been ahead of the curve for YEARS. Thanks for catching up, though.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:47 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;59721 wrote:

"Whoever controls the flow of Persian Gulf Oilhas a stanglehold not only on our economy but also on the other countries of the world aswell"

Who are you protecting iraqs oil from ? the first thinh you did when the US invaded iraq was to secure the oil fields,it wasn't to search for WMDs,although there Is an iraqi govenrment the US still pulls the strings.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:50 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;59726 wrote:
He likes calling people thieves, then you look at his countrys history and LOL.

You won't find a bigger critic of British Imperialism on this forum than me,the US seems to have taken over where Britain left off,trying to control other countries governments and their resources.