do you think any of the candidates can make a difference, if elected?

g-man

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 07:33 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;57981 wrote:

1. well that worked out real well, didn't it? :no:

2. It's negotiation not appeasement. If we can save American lives with negotiation then it should always be an option. This is you just being bull-headed, no problem has ever been solved that way.

3. Obama disassociated himself from wright for that very reason. And why should his wife be proud of America if it is performing unethical acts? If you support you country even when it is acting unethically that is called "nationalism" and history has shown time and again that it is very dangerous. people should always think critically.

4. No in fact i don't, people have been so desperate to attack him they've gone so far as insinuating his "fist bump" was a terrorist sign, tell me that that isn't the least bit ridiculous.

5. has it not crossed your mind that they already have and support him anyway? black people would sooner support a white man that reflects their values than a black man who does not.

6. he is black......and he is white.

1. Yes.
2. Call it what you will. Saving American lives will not be the result.
There is no appeasing nor negotiating with people of the ilk of Ahmendenijhad.
3. Mrs. Obama, attempted to clarify her statement on the View today and she seemed so much more proud of America today.
Political expedience?
Obama waited till the political spot light was on to make the disassociation.
4. Obama has most definitely provided proof that he is Marxist.
I'm not particularly desperate about attacking him but, given my conservative nature, he does make it easy.
5. Disagree here. Blacks support Obama because he has presented himself as black. If he proclaims his whitness, he'll lose their support. Not that they will vote for McCain. They simply won't vote.
6. That is the reality. But, he's only proclaiming one color.
0 Replies

g-man

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 07:52 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;57983 wrote:

And apparently what he doesn't do, as I will show shortly.

If your idea of "America matters" is lapel pins and other superficial tokens, I am extremely sorry. America is more to me than that. You could say it's the only thing I have any "faith" in.

Here's the judging Obama on what he didn't do. Did he plan any attacks? Did he say anything wrong about "whitey"? No? Really.

You mean Obama... didn't do any of those things?

This "passive" support is the Right scraping the bottom of the barrel. Same with the "fist tap" thing. Seriously, is this all you can bring up?

Typical. Tepid. Pathetic. And guess what? Won't work!

Mickey didn't stop them! He knew how inflammatory these people were, he should have broken from them! He supports Hagee and Parsley passively. Hagee's and Parsley's attitudes were known LONG before McCain sought their support.

Besides, who's campaign? Who is responsible for it? I'm hoping the person whose name it bears.

You can't say? Therefore you are pulling this out of your ass. Sounds about right. NEXT.

Absolutely frightening that your definition of "liberal" is that skewed.

Well, seeing that you are bringing nothing to the table but a bunch of baseless arguments, it would seem that your comedy is the defense I speak of.

His campaign is. Like it should. I see there's no counterargument from you on this topic.

My idea has to do with Americans taking care of themselves. Taking responsibility for themselves. Never waiting for the government to do anything for them. Self control. Education. being what people take upon themselves to learn. Not depending on some government entity to train them and judge them as educated. My America needs no government. Government is good for nothing but building and maintaining streets and maintaining a military to protect our nation and kick whoever's ass needs kicked.

Obama sat in Wright's church being indoctrinated for 20 years.
Of course the politician can not nor will ever state that he supports the antics of the moron. He knows he would lose whitey. I did not say he is stupid. He is not. I don't have good things to say about him. But, I assure you, I don't consider him stupid.

McCain's background with Hagee is short lived. Whatever you turn it into won't get you far.

My definition of liberal may well be skewed in your eyes. But, anyone who is not functioning for the good of the nation is a liberal. Liberals only care about issues important to themselves. You know, the ones that drag a nation down like homos and abortion and the saving of lives of people who opt to take life.
Liberalism. A nasty filthy business. Designed for nothing more than to create a nation of anything goes and no consequences.

By the way, what have you brought to table? Any reason someone would vote for Obama?
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 05:43 am
@g-man,
g-man;57998 wrote:
My idea has to do with Americans taking care of themselves. Taking responsibility for themselves. Never waiting for the government to do anything for them. Self control. Education. being what people take upon themselves to learn. Not depending on some government entity to train them and judge them as educated. My America needs no government. Government is good for nothing but building and maintaining streets and maintaining a military to protect our nation and kick whoever's ass needs kicked.

So you don't need Police? How about Fire? EMT? Any idea who pays for this stuff?

Quote:
Obama sat in Wright's church being indoctrinated for 20 years.
Of course the politician can not nor will ever state that he supports the antics of the moron. He knows he would lose whitey. I did not say he is stupid. He is not. I don't have good things to say about him. But, I assure you, I don't consider him stupid.

Does Bam sound like Wright? Clearly not. However Mickey sounds a whole hell of a lot like the Hag. "Bomb, bomb, bomb... bomb, bomb, Iran!" is all that needs to be said. That's what I look for... who sounds like their kooky priest of choice.

Quote:
McCain's background with Hagee is short lived. Whatever you turn it into won't get you far.

Sure it will! McCain sought the endorsement and even got onstage with the guy saying how proud he was to get the endorsement. None of which Bam has done concerning his wacky pastor.

Then there's Parsley...

Quote:
My definition of liberal may well be skewed in your eyes. But, anyone who is not functioning for the good of the nation is a liberal. Liberals only care about issues important to themselves. You know, the ones that drag a nation down like homos and abortion and the saving of lives of people who opt to take life.
Liberalism. A nasty filthy business. Designed for nothing more than to create a nation of anything goes and no consequences.

A nation of anything goes and no consequences? Such as...

Confirmed torture, a violation of constitutional law - McClatchy Washington Bureau | 06/19/2008 | General who probed Abu Ghraib says Bush officials committed war crimes

Violation of federal law - Bush White House e-mail controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there's this - Movement to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Care to knock 'em all down?

Quote:
By the way, what have you brought to table? Any reason someone would vote for Obama?

First off, there's this crazy idea that the trillions of dollars being wasted in Iraq would be better suited to... like I said, this is INSANE... repair and upgrade our nation's base infrastructure. Silly things like railroads, bridges, the power grid, so on and so forth. Meaningless stuff... we don't need that to survive.

He also has this odd notion that we need to focus on IT security and proper network deployment/usage. It's silly... he thinks we need to keep those pesky Chinese out of our government systems ( FT.com / World - Chinese hacked into Pentagon ). He also wants to make a new position in the cabinet for a tech guru. How stupid! I mean it isn't like we can be pwn3d by our coffee makers or anything... ( SecurityFocus )

But here's what I find the WORST of them all... he wants to bring SCIENCE education to the forefront! Science! Can you believe that?! Just when we started pushing legislation to teach this controversy, he wants to come and screw it up!
0 Replies