do you think any of the candidates can make a difference, if elected?

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:23 am
Do you think any of the presidential candidates will make a significant difference once they are in office? Or do you think they are just saying what we want to hear so they will get elected to the position?

I personally don't know what to believe because both scenarios are really likely when it comes to making a difference. I don't think it has anything to do with the president at all, I think it's congress that needs to be changed first before the next president can make a real difference. Because really, if I'm right, congress can over ride any decisions that Bush makes and vice versa, right?

I don't want to start a mean and nasty debate, I just would like to hear the views of other people. And please, if I am inaccurate in anything I say, please correct me so that I will know the facts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,025 • Replies: 82
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:07 pm
@countrygirl368,
Yeah...........Hillary can screw-over America many times worse than her fake husband did. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:46 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
do you think any of the candidates can make a difference, if elected?

Not any significant difference. Even a president is a lacky to his party.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:13 pm
@countrygirl368,
WTF, Barack Obama is only a lacky to HOPE!
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;56759 wrote:
WTF, Barack Obama is only a lacky to HOPE!

Is this sarcasm or not, i can't tell.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:35 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56766 wrote:
Is this sarcasm or not, i can't tell.

Yes, I probably should have used sarcasm tags.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:05 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56734 wrote:
Yeah...........Hillary can screw-over America many times worse than her fake husband did. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

This comes from a guy who voted for that imbecile Bush
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:21 am
@countrygirl368,
Pot, meet kettle.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:51 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56814 wrote:
This comes from a guy who voted for that imbecile Bush

Along with most of the rest of America, twice. And somehow you 'like' America?

AND................you voted for politicians who have done nothing to free Ireland.:thumbdown:
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:53 am
@countrygirl368,
countrygirl368;56690 wrote:
Do you think any of the presidential candidates will make a significant difference once they are in office? Or do you think they are just saying what we want to hear so they will get elected to the position?

I personally don't know what to believe because both scenarios are really likely when it comes to making a difference. I don't think it has anything to do with the president at all, I think it's congress that needs to be changed first before the next president can make a real difference. Because really, if I'm right, congress can over ride any decisions that Bush makes and vice versa, right?

I don't want to start a mean and nasty debate, I just would like to hear the views of other people. And please, if I am inaccurate in anything I say, please correct me so that I will know the facts.

C.Girl,

I think Obama's presidency would be so controversial, it would end up largely ineffective. I can see his White-hating entourage going crazy with power, and igniting the country in a massive, sustained, racial food-fight.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 01:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56894 wrote:
Along with most of the rest of America, twice. And somehow you 'like' America?

AND................you voted for politicians who have done nothing to free Ireland.:thumbdown:

I have voted for politicians that brought a peace process in Ireland,and Siin fein are now part of a power sharing government,their is now a peace process in Northern Ireland,although i still believe in a United Ireland.

Al gore actually got more votes than bush in the 2000 election Pino,so it wasn't really twice,the "most of the rst of america" bit.

Yeh i do like America !
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 01:06 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;56888 wrote:
Pot, meet kettle.

The difference being im an ordinary joe from scotland,Bush is president of the most powerful country in the world :eek: i think Bush would struggle to hold his own on this forum,without advisors telling him what to say :wtf:
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 03:50 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56905 wrote:
I have voted for politicians that brought a peace process in Ireland,and Siin fein are now part of a power sharing government,their is now a peace process in Northern Ireland,although i still believe in a United Ireland.

Al gore actually got more votes than bush in the 2000 election Pino,so it wasn't really twice,the "most of the rst of america" bit.

Yeh i do like America !

Sour grapes, Old Boy. Sour grapes. Bush won, twice. Merry Christmas. :no:
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 03:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56906 wrote:
The difference being im an ordinary joe from scotland,Bush is president of the most powerful country in the world :eek: i think Bush would struggle to hold his own on this forum,without advisors telling him what to say :wtf:

From what I've read, Scooby, Bush is in fact much smarter than you. Where is your History degree from Yale? Got one? When did you own the Texas Rangers? Ever? When were you Governor of Texas? Ever? Where is your Master's degree from Yale in Business Administration? Got one?

In sum, who the frig are you?
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 03:55 pm
@Pinochet73,
"I have voted for politicians that brought a peace process in Ireland,and Siin fein are now part of a power sharing government,their is now a peace process in Northern Ireland,although i still believe in a United Ireland."

Oh, I see......................let's call for 'peace' AFTER we've stolen Irish land and murdered thousands of Irishmen. I see. I get it. It's now TIME for peace. How convenient.

Nope....................real peace will come when all you Scots and your little toy soldiers from England get the frig out of Ireland.

Get out. Get out NOW. :thumbdown:
DiversityDriven

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 10:51 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56906 wrote:
Being ordinary is no excuse. You say he is an imbecile, put up or shut up. I think bush has got you covered many times over.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56919 wrote:
Sour grapes, Old Boy. Sour grapes. Bush won, twice. Merry Christmas. :no:

With a little bit of help from his brother in florida :beat:
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:24 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56921 wrote:
"I have voted for politicians that brought a peace process in Ireland,and Siin fein are now part of a power sharing government,their is now a peace process in Northern Ireland,although i still believe in a United Ireland."

Oh, I see......................let's call for 'peace' AFTER we've stolen Irish land and murdered thousands of Irishmen. I see. I get it. It's now TIME for peace. How convenient.

Nope....................real peace will come when all you Scots and your little toy soldiers from England get the frig out of Ireland.

Get out. Get out NOW. :thumbdown:

I could understand this rant,if i was a unionist and believed that Northern ireland should remain part of the UK,but i dont,i believe in a United Ireland.
As i said Sinn Fein(the political wing of the IRA) are now part of a power sharing government with the Unionists,if you want to debate pino,atleast try to make some sensible points.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:31 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;57003 wrote:
Being ordinary is no excuse. You say he is an imbecile, put up or shut up. I think bush has got you covered many times over.

Bush is an imbecile,he got to where he is because of his daddy and his connections,you think bush has got me covered many times over,in what way exactly ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:36 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56920 wrote:
From what I've read, Scooby, Bush is in fact much smarter than you. Where is your History degree from Yale? Got one? When did you own the Texas Rangers? Ever? When were you Governor of Texas? Ever? Where is your Master's degree from Yale in Business Administration? Got one?

In sum, who the frig are you?

Where did he get the money to buy the texas Rangers ? i wonder if his degrees from Yale are as dodgy as his National Gaurd records ? again i reckon daddy pulled some strings for him.
0 Replies