Drakej

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:25 am
@Freeman15,
No ****? Hu I was looking on the BATF site and couldnt find that Sad Ill have to check it out again.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:40 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47257 wrote:
Just so you know, i'm not some crazy anti-gun person i just think that there are exceptions to almost every rule, in fact i think the only illegal weapons should be your rocket launchers, grenades and sawed-off shotguns!

Why should a rocket or grenade weapon be illegal? The idea behind the 2nd Amendment is to overthrow a tyrannical government, not shoot criminals (though the latter is a fine ancillary benefit). If the government has APC's and tanks, we need weapons that can penetrate that armor. The Mexican Army tried to dictate which arms would be permitted and which would not in 1835 when they tried to take a cannon away from the Texans in Gonzales....it ended badly.

The ONLY reason for banning weapons is to disarm the public, period. By my way of thinking (and the thinking of the founders), if my weapon can sit untouched on a table without harming anybody, it is my right to own it. NBC weapons can't be laid on a table without harming others, and so they may be regulated or banned. Rockets, grenades, TANKS, and sawed-off shotguns can all be made harmless if nobody touches them, and so ALL fall under the protection of Amendment II.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:43 am
@Drakej,
Drakej;47259 wrote:
I never thought you where an Anti Fatal, but making just those exceptions would open Pandora's Box. Take .50 cal rifles, there are a lot of practical reasons for owning a .50 but the media wants you to believe that they are only used for shooting down planes and blowing up school buses full of sick kids and nuns. If we banned SBS's then pretty much every other firearm will be outlawed as well. No civilian can own a Destructive Device such as Grenades, RPG's and the like so those are kinda two separate issues. Also there is really no productive reason for owning a grenade or RPG launcher.

There is no productive reason for owning any weapon. The use of any weapon is purely destructive, so the more destructive the weapon, the MORE legal it should be.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:54 am
@Freeman15,
I see what your saying bud and I agree, but other then overthrowing a tyrannical government there is really no point in owning a RPG or grenades other then for blowing **** up for fun which by all means is a reason. I was uneducated in the fact that you can own destructive devices and am in the process of researching it. And what I meant by productive reason is sporting reason or for immediate response. Such as trap shooting, IPDA, target shooting ect. I have not heard of any such sporting events for grenades or RPG's but if its legal then its legal. If guys want to blow stuff up with some grenades then by all means do it and maybe throw a film up on youtube. My self I could not justify owning a RPG or any grenades, but that is just me and I do not feel that it should be outlawed or removed just because I dont need one.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:43 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;47280 wrote:
I see what your saying bud and I agree, but other then overthrowing a tyrannical government there is really no point in owning a RPG or grenades other then for blowing **** up for fun which by all means is a reason. I was uneducated in the fact that you can own destructive devices and am in the process of researching it. And what I meant by productive reason is sporting reason or for immediate response. Such as trap shooting, IPDA, target shooting ect. I have not heard of any such sporting events for grenades or RPG's but if its legal then its legal. If guys want to blow stuff up with some grenades then by all means do it and maybe throw a film up on youtube. My self I could not justify owning a RPG or any grenades, but that is just me and I do not feel that it should be outlawed or removed just because I dont need one.

I can respect that, I don't see a need to keep a LAW in my home either, but I believe in the right to do so.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:16 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;47280 wrote:
I have not heard of any such sporting events for grenades or RPG's but if its legal then its legal.

Horseshoes and handgrenades, sheesh, where you been?!?!
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 09:17 pm
@Freeman15,
Good point, almost only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades. And I call my self an American Sad
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:25 pm
@Freeman15,
Taking tomorrow off. Guns will blaze, yet again.
0 Replies