Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 12:38 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;35848 wrote:
Second Amendment
Low Taxes
Personal Responsibility
America First
States' Rights

Can we agree that these are core conservative values?

I guess then i could consider myself conservative based on this.Very Happy

with one minor difference...replace "America first" with "Constitution first".:thumbup:
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:32 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;61664 wrote:
I do not disagree with you. But, if someone breaks into my home with the intention of doing me or mine harm, I will shoot them before they do me in. I mention this because I live in a high end new home community, which has been targeted by a band of gang thieves. Since our security gates are not yet in operation and the community is only partially occupied, we are big and easy targets. Two of the home owners on my street of only 7 homes have been burglarized in broad daylight - lost everything from HDTVs to Porsches. Worst, they have killed pet dogs that barked when the entered. If they show at my house, I will definitely protect my property and family.

As well, you should.
0 Replies

aaronssongs

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 02:33 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61674 wrote:
No matter how true that may be, the constitution specifically grants the right of Americans to own weapons. This is not done for people to hunt, but so that Americans can defend themselves from home intruders, foreign armies, and even our own government if the need be.

Please. If the government wants to get you, they will. Look at what happened in Waco. Look at what happen to Warren Jeffs. You can't war with the government, even though it looks good on paper.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:18 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;61847 wrote:
Please. If the government wants to get you, they will. Look at what happened in Waco. Look at what happen to Warren Jeffs. You can't war with the government, even though it looks good on paper.

Imagine Waco but on a nationwide scale, if the American people are committed enough and if they are unified in their efforts there is not much that would stop us. Many didn't think the colonials could defeat the British, but they did. Never underestimate the power of determined resistance.
aaronssongs

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:37 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;61860 wrote:
Imagine Waco but on a nationwide scale, if the American people are committed enough and if they are unified in their efforts there is not much that would stop us. Many didn't think the colonials could defeat the British, but they did. Never underestimate the power of determined resistance.

Please. If the government decided to rain Desert Storm down on your ass, there would be nothing you could do against it. You are not dealing in reality.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:57 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;61932 wrote:
Please. If the government decided to rain Desert Storm down on your ass, there would be nothing you could do against it. You are not dealing in reality.

Against me by myself yes, but the scenario changes when i have 10 million, 20 million or 100 million Americans to stand by. If the government decided to take a violent course of action against that many people it would draw worldwide attention.
0 Replies