The flood accomplised what?

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:17 pm
@Reagaknight,
Campbell34

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 12:57 am
@mako cv,
mako;31319 wrote:

Ron Wyatt orginally found the site but was caught by the Saudi Military who took his cameras and film. Both Wyatt and his son were thrown into a Saudi prison for some months and finally released. When he got out he gave the location to Bob Cornuke and Larry William's. Together they were able to make their way back to the site that Wyatt told them about. Wyatt was right. Everything the Bible spoke of was there, and both these men were able to film it all. I have seen the film myself and it is amazing. Even National Geographic stated that their story was remarkable! Also, the location of the mountain is the proper walking distance from the Red Sea crossing site. There are way to many details between these sites for this to be just a lucky chance. If you are really intrested in evidence, perhaps you should consider getting a copy of the film, The Real Mt. Sinai. Dr. Robert Stwart: Ph.D. of Ministry; Professor at New Geneva Theological Center in Colorado Springs. "As a professor, archaeology buff, and former attorney, I'm trained to gather and sift through evidence. I can tell you Cornuke is very credible in his finding. I believe what he's found is quite likely the real Mount Sinai.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 09:31 am
@mako cv,
Quote:
I can tell you Cornuke is very credible in his finding. I believe what he's found is quite likely the real Mount Sinai.

Unfortunately for his little theory, Deuteronomy 1:2 tells us that it took 11 days for the Israelites to travel from Horeb (Mt. Sinai) to Kadesh Barnea in the northern Sinai. The travel rate of a large group of people and their livestock and possession would not be great enough to travel 150 miles (the direct distance but not the easiest route) from Jebel al-Lawz to Kadesh Barnea in 11 days. In fact that should place Mt. Sinai within 60 miles of Kadesh Barnea. Even more devastating to his theory is the yam suph (Reed Sea) crossing. Exodus 12:37, 13:20-14:2 and Numbers 33:5-8 tell us this occurred at the beginning of the journey shortly after the Hebrews set out from Ramesses.
His little theory places the yam suph crossing near the end of the journey at the Strait of Tiran at the southern end of the Gulf of Aqaba, some 350 miles from Ramesses. There is no way the Hebrews could have reached this Strait within a few weeks of leaving Egypt! Sorry, credible or not, no seegar! :patriot:
Campbell34

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 06:49 am
@mako cv,
mako;31519 wrote:
Unfortunately for his little theory, Deuteronomy 1:2 tells us that it took 11 days for the Israelites to travel from Horeb (Mt. Sinai) to Kadesh Barnea in the northern Sinai. The travel rate of a large group of people and their livestock and possession would not be great enough to travel 150 miles (the direct distance but not the easiest route) from Jebel al-Lawz to Kadesh Barnea in 11 days. In fact that should place Mt. Sinai within 60 miles of Kadesh Barnea. Even more devastating to his theory is the yam suph (Reed Sea) crossing. Exodus 12:37, 13:20-14:2 and Numbers 33:5-8 tell us this occurred at the beginning of the journey shortly after the Hebrews set out from Ramesses.
His little theory places the yam suph crossing near the end of the journey at the Strait of Tiran at the southern end of the Gulf of Aqaba, some 350 miles from Ramesses. There is no way the Hebrews could have reached this Strait within a few weeks of leaving Egypt! Sorry, credible or not, no seegar! :patriot:

So if I understand you correctly, your telling me there is no way a large group of people could travel 150 miles in 11 days?
If that is what you are saying, I can't imagine how you could come to believe that. Because if such a group only walked at a speed of 2 and a half miles per hour for 6 hours out of a day, they would cover a distance of 15 miles per day. Now multiply that by 11 days, and they would of easily covered a distance of 165 miles. This would be a long way from a forced march, and more like a casual stroll. During the time when people here in America traveled by covered wagon, the average distance cover in a day was 25 miles. An average man walking today travels 3 miles per hour, so the distance given, and the time it took to travel that distance is more than reasonable. It appears to me that your desire not to believe in this Biblical account is so great, that you are now willing to embrace and believe nonsense.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:07 am
@mako cv,
Quote:
So if I understand you correctly, your telling me there is no way a large group of people could travel 150 miles in 11 days?
Quote:
It appears to me that your desire not to believe in this Biblical account is so great, that you are now willing to embrace and believe nonsense.
Campbell34

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:18 pm
@mako cv,
mako;32024 wrote:

There are a number of possible routes the Exodus might have taken. Many of the listed places are not identifiable with their modern day counterparts. However, the spot of the crossing has been confirmed by many landmarks that confirm the Biblical account. The Bible speaks of pillars that would mark the spot of the crossing, and those pillers have been located on oppsite shore lines of the Red Sea. On at least one of the pillars is the inscription, "This monument is erected by King Solomon, king of Israel, in honor of Yahweh in commemoration of the crossing of the Red Sea."
The pillars are real, and they are not nonsense. It is your denial of the truth that is. Your more worried about the terrain, when the truth is right in front of you. We may never know the exact route they took, yet we have the physical evidence that the Bible speaks of.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 09:52 am
@mako cv,
Quote:
The Bible speaks of pillars that would mark the spot of the crossing, and those pillers have been located on oppsite shore lines of the Red Sea.
Quote:
On at least one of the pillars is the inscription, "This monument is erected by King Solomon, king of Israel, in honor of Yahweh in commemoration of the crossing of the Red Sea."
Quote:
The pillars are real, and they are not nonsense.

Yes they are real and they belong to a culture that did not exist until 900 years later!

Quote:
It is your denial of the truth that is
Campbell34

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:14 am
@mako cv,
mako;32181 wrote:

No, the pillars are not part of the Golden calf altar for they are found on oppsite shores of the Red Sea. And wrong again, the pillar found on the Arabian side does have an inscription that reads, THIS MONUMENT IS ERECTED BY KING SOLOMON, KING OF ISRAEL, IN HONOR OF YAHWEH IN COMMEMORATION OF THE CROSSING OF THE RED SEA. This inscription may not agree with history as you theorize it to be, yet it does agree with the Biblical account. True Mythology belongs to those who ignore solid evidence, and this inscription is just the tip of the iceberg. Around this area they have found extra biblical writhings chisled in stone that describes what took place there. The writings are ancient, yet they tell the same story we find in the Bible today.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 01:46 pm
@mako cv,
Quote:
No, the pillars are not part of the Golden calf altar for they are found on oppsite shores of the Red Sea
Quote:
the pillar found on the Arabian side does have an inscription that reads, THIS MONUMENT IS ERECTED BY KING SOLOMON, KING OF ISRAEL, IN HONOR OF YAHWEH IN COMMEMORATION OF THE CROSSING OF THE RED SEA.
Quote:
Around this area they have found extra biblical writhings chisled in stone that describes what took place there. The writings are ancient, yet they tell the same story we find in the Bible today.
Quote:
True Mythology belongs to those who ignore solid evidence
Campbell34

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:30 am
@mako cv,
mako;32427 wrote:

The two pillars I am speaking about have nothing to do with the 12 pillars next to the golden calf altar. If you go to Wyatt's web site you will see a picture of Kevin Fisher standing next to the red granite column marking the crossing site. This picture was taken in October of 2005. And it was on these two pillars where the inscriptions were found. Only one of the pillars have a full inscription where as the other one inscriptions appers mostly worn off. One of the pillars was removed. Yet the other piller remains. And that pillar borders the Red Sea, and it is there where divers are finding the remnants of Pharoahs army.

And before Dr. Filklestien writes another book stating that Kind David and Solomon did not exist, he better get out of his basement and start considering the new evidence that is now coming in.

A new archaeology discovery of astounding proportions. THE "JEHOASH INSCRIPTION" Briefly, it is a 9 X 11 inch black sandstone plaque that memorializes contributions of silver for repairs to Solomon"s Temple (the first temple). It was written between 835 and 801 B.C.E. during the time that Jehoash, also called Joash, was king of Judah.
Aug. 2005 Davids's Palace Discovered. For years certain "Biblical scholars" have argued that most, if not all, of the history found in the Bible was invented by the Jews to give themselves a glorious heritage. In particular, they assert that there was no "Golden Age of Saul, David, and Solomon." Their arguement was that Jerusalem was not a great city of political power during the time of David, but that it was only a small village. They base their arguement on the fact that no archaelolgy digs have so far turned up any evidence to support the Bible's claim that Jerusalem was a great city during David's time. In other words they claimed that "the absence of evidence is evidence of absence."

NOW, THAT IS ALL CHANGED. Archaeologists have uncovered what they believe was David's palace in Jerusalem. Studies are underway to confirm the findings. but no one is disputing the claim that David's palace has been found at last.

A couple of sources you might consider is Restoration Quarterly, or Top Ten Archaeological Discoveries of the Twentieth Century Relating to the Biblical World. By Keith N. Schoville Professor Emeritus of Hebrew and Semitic Studies University of Wisconsin-Madison
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:05 am
@mako cv,
mako;31319 wrote:

On chariot wheels it should come as no surprise that they have discovered Assyrain wheels below the depths of the Red Sea at the crossing site. Even on Egyptain monuments you can see these four spoke wheels. It was the pratice that captured Assyrian chariots were dedicated as booty to the priests of Egypt-who were closely linked to the army. Sometimes the priests would accompany the army to battle in the hope that the gods would show the army special favour.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:49 am
@mako cv,
Quote:
If you go to Wyatt's web site you will see a picture of Kevin Fisher standing next to the red granite column marking the crossing site.
Quote:
A new archaeology discovery of astounding proportions. THE "JEHOASH INSCRIPTION"
Quote:
NOW, THAT IS ALL CHANGED. Archaeologists have uncovered what they believe was David's palace in Jerusalem. Studies are underway to confirm the findings. but no one is disputing the claim that David's palace has been found at last.
Quote:
And before Dr. Filklestien writes another book stating that Kind David and Solomon did not exist, he better get out of his basement and start considering the new evidence that is now coming in.

Israel Finklestein is one of the foremost Israeli archaeologists, conducting numerous digs each year. Dr. Finklestein started out as a literalist, a maximalist (believes the bible is totally accurate) and over the last few decades has slowly moved towards the minimalist school of biblical archaeology due to the lack of any substantiating material for the majority of the biblical narrative.
Quote:
A couple of sources you might consider is Restoration Quarterly, or Top Ten Archaeological Discoveries of the Twentieth Century Relating to the Biblical World. By Keith N. Schoville Professor Emeritus of Hebrew and Semitic Studies University of Wisconsin-Madison

LOL, as a historian, I already have subscriptions to various archaeological and historical publications (both professional and non-professional level), access to the library websites of several major universities, tons of my own books on the subjects...just what I need is two more to look at!!!
Quote:
On chariot wheels it should come as no surprise that they have discovered Assyrain wheels below the depths of the Red Sea at the crossing site. Even on Egyptain monuments you can see these four spoke wheels.

Are you saying that the Egyptians stopped to sacrifice Assyrian wheels while in pursuit of Israelite slaves? Incidentially Assyrian chariot wheels are most often 6 to 12 spoked not 4 spoked...the only 4 spokes I can think of would be Hittite or an early period.:patriot:
Campbell34

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 02:19 pm
@mako cv,
mako;32676 wrote:

Not so fast on the Jehoash tablet, One of the latest issue of BAR indeed has an article by David Noel Freedman, "Don't Rush to Judgment: Jehoash Inscription May Be Authentic." pp. 48-51 In the article, Freedman rightly cautions us that, given the paucity of inscriptional evidence from that period, the discovery of "authenticated inscriptions" can and do change our understanding of Biblical Hebrew (p. 49). Then he points out that anachronisms may not be so blatant as some have suggested.

Many archeologists are calling the latest Israeli archeological discovery the find of the century (Canadian Jewish News, Oct. 20 2005.) One of the latest discoveries in what is believed by some to be King Davids Palace, is a seal found in an uncovered room with the inscription in ancient Hebrew. There the name Jehucal, son of Shelemiah, son of shevi is found. Jehucal was a Judean prince mentioned in Jeremiah 37:3 This fact suggests that the site was an important seat of Judean royalty for four centuries after King David. It also matches the biblical account of the palace being in continuous use from its construction until the conquest of Judea and Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 604-585 B.C. Several years ago another royal seal was found in the general region. It showed the name of Gemaryahu of Shaphan, who is also mentioned in the book of Jeremiah. As more and more evidence of the Bible's accuracy is unearthed, scholars are forced to reconsider the veracity of the Bible as a historical document and its use as a reliable map for archaeological discovery.

I only suggest those publications, because you ask where I was getting my information. That was a couple of my sources.

I'm saying the Egyptain army took the spoils of war and distributed it to others who may of been present during the crossing. The Bible tells us that God made sure some of the chariots wheels came off to slow the Egyptian army down. If you were using chariots from the spoils of war, then they would not all be Egyptian made.

As to pillar let me see what other information I can find on that. After all, I think we both really want the truth.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:18 pm
@mako cv,
Quote:
Freedman rightly cautions us that, given the paucity of inscriptional evidence from that period, the discovery of "authenticated inscriptions" can and do change our understanding of Biblical Hebrew (p. 49). Then he points out that anachronisms may not be so blatant as some have suggested.
Quote:
Many archeologists are calling the latest Israeli archeological discovery the find of the century
Quote:
is a seal found in an uncovered room with the inscription in ancient Hebrew. There the name Jehucal, son of Shelemiah, son of shevi is found.
Quote:
As more and more evidence of the Bible's accuracy is unearthed, scholars are forced to reconsider the veracity of the Bible as a historical document and its use as a reliable map for archaeological discovery.
Quote:
I'm saying the Egyptain army took the spoils of war and distributed it to others who may of been present during the crossing.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 04:01 pm
@mako cv,
mako;33397 wrote:

Actually, there is no evidence of the bible's accuracy ever unearthed?

For years many non believers stated that there was no physical evidence that the Biblical David existed. In July 21, 1993, while work crews were preparing a site for visitors, a broken fragment of basalt stone was uncovered in secondary use in a wall. Surveyor Gila Cook glanced at the stone in the rays of the afternoon sun and saw what looked like alphabetic letters. It turned out that the stele fragment mentions King David's dynasty, "the House of David." This discovery is the first mention of King David and the earliest mention of a biblical figure outside of the Bible. The discovery is of particular importance in the face of those scholars who were either skeptical or denied the historical existence of King David.

Top Ten Archaeological Discoveries by Keith N. Schoville. Biblicalstudies.info by Ferrell Jenkins
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 08:09 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;20691 wrote:
A fresh start.

A god who has to restart means that His initial attempt failled.
In other words a false God.

If genocide is a good idea then lets use all our nuclear weapons and try again.
If a restart is good for god then it must be good for us.

Keep praying to your genocidal God. He must be a good one.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 08:12 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;20694 wrote:
what most Christians do not realize is that the flood was not to wipe out humanity but to rid the world of giants. Have you ever heard of the book of Enoch which was found by the dead sea scrolls. Enoch was Noahs great grandfather.This book was completely eliminated by the church both catholic and others because they claim the author was not inspired by God. However it is a legitimate text. In this book Gods sons...not the half breed Jesus but Gods full blooded sons or angels came down to earth and had sex with human women and took them as wifes. Taught them things like healing powers and herbal medicinal uses things you would call witchcraft today. With mating with the human women and some of the angels mated with animals there were giants created. Remember that an Angel is much bigger than a human.
Do you remember the story about David and Galiath. Galiath was one of these giants.
Anyway the giants began to oppress the humans and this made God angry and so he created the flood to drown them all out of existance and to expel the angels out of heaven for their abomination.
If you would like to learn more please check out this link. It is very very interesting and I find it interesting that people who follow God will not accept this book since it was even found with the deas sea scrolls.
I guess they do not like that Gods sons came down and had sex with people and animals LOL
anything to cover up the truth..
The Book of Enoch

but again how did God not forsee this happening but it did cause the extintion of the Giants. So it was successful.

God creates giants just to kill them with genocide. Good idea.

Good example.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 08:33 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;37447 wrote:
God creates giants just to kill them with genocide. Good idea.

Good example.

Regards
DL

I'm not sure if you have the abilty to understand this, but God did not create the Giants. Fallen angles did this when they rebelled against God, and procreated with human kind. God did not want this to happen, but the angles who first rebelled against God in Heaven, rebelled again on earth when they took to themselves human woman as wives. This act was just another part of the rebellion which first started in Heaven, and that rebellion's leader was Satan. Today we see this same sort of attempt going on with abductions taking place in the area of UFO's. The beings in such cases have a great intrest in human sexuality. What is going on here is an attempt on their part to repeat what took place in Genisis. The beings which are identified with UFO's are not from some distant star, they are demon's.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 08:58 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;37458 wrote:
I'm not sure if you have the abilty to understand this, but God did not create the Giants. Fallen angles did this when they rebelled against God, and procreated with human kind. God did not want this to happen, but the angles who first rebelled against God in Heaven, rebelled again on earth when they took to themselves human woman as wives. This act was just another part of the rebellion which first started in Heaven, and that rebellion's leader was Satan. Today we see this same sort of attempt going on with abductions taking place in the area of UFO's. The beings in such cases have a great intrest in human sexuality. What is going on here is an attempt on their part to repeat what took place in Genisis. The beings which are identified with UFO's are not from some distant star, they are demon's.

Why would you follow a looser of a God.

You indicate that God allowed Heaven to be fouled by His creations the angels.
You show God then sending these fallen ones to earth to foul up the earth even as God would have known that they would take wives.

Why follow a God who would do such stupid things.

And then to hide His mistakes He sends a genocidal flood and reboots a failed system.

Can your God do anything right? Name one thing.

Regards
DL
Campbell34

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 10:05 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;37469 wrote:
Why would you follow a looser of a God.

You indicate that God allowed Heaven to be fouled by His creations the angels.
You show God then sending these fallen ones to earth to foul up the earth even as God would have known that they would take wives.

Why follow a God who would do such stupid things.

And then to hide His mistakes He sends a genocidal flood and reboots a failed system.

Can your God do anything right? Name one thing.

Regards
DL

God gave His creation the ability to just say no, it is the creation that has said yes to doing evil. FREE WILL. Gods creation has the freedom to do the right thing or do the wrong thing. Most of Gods creation wants to do the wrong thing.