The flood accomplised what?

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:40 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;20843 wrote:
If you actually read the Bible, you'll find that God removes innocents from corruption and the threat of corruption.

He does not view death as you do. To him, it is not something to be feared. Since it is not the end of a person's life.

He killed those doing evil to stop the evil for a while and allow people who walked with him to have a time of respite. It is a fallen world and it was then.

Are you upset that he killed those who were doing evil all the time and prevented them from having a chance to repent?

No. I am upset by the insinuation that God would kill children, babies and man.
The thing is that the Lawmaker is shown to break His own Law. This would invalidate all of His Laws. This would not be allowed bu a Perfect God and if God is not Perfect then who would want Him.

It would also show a bungler who could not get us right. Not a nice picture of God.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:45 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Blame God not you, sure.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:25 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;20918 wrote:
Blame God not you, sure.

Your terse little replies are next to useless. Here and elsewhere.
What are you speaking to?
What blame should I be taking.
Do better than your one useless liners OK.

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:31 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20916 wrote:
So God did not do the flood. Right?

Regards
DL

No I don't think so

even the ten plagues of Egypt was the result of a Volcano

The Greeks thought the sun was apollo's fiery arrow
The Jews thought a volcano was god's wrath
The Aztecs thought that god was angry during a solar eclipse
Early Christians explain disease with demons

These are things that were at the time beyond the learning of man so they invented reasons for them, we call this religion
STNGfan

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:32 am
@Greatest I am cv,
The question here is giving man free will giving children a choice of free will. Humanity has proven over and over again they are impulsive abusive and self serving. I would rate humanity as a 3 year old mentality. Does God put a loaded gun in front of the 3 year old and say. Now I am giving you a choice. Do not touch the gun or it will hurt you and you have a consequence and that is you die.
This is neglect because obviously the childs curiousity will take it to the gun and play with it and hurt itself.

anyway this freewill is not valid since God hardens our heart or opens our heart to evil and then we make a chioce after our hearts have been influenced.

Not really freewill in my opinion.
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:34 am
@Greatest I am cv,
the floods were the result of the ice caps melting at a fast rate and definitanty did not cover the whole world. this is proven to happen 5,000 B.C.E and the humans traveling over the ice bridge which are todays Native Americans survived the flood and thrived and are alive and well.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:36 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;20969 wrote:
No I don't think so

even the ten plagues of Egypt was the result of a Volcano

The Greeks thought the sun was apollo's fiery arrow
The Jews thought a volcano was god's wrath
The Aztecs thought that god was angry during a solar eclipse
Early Christians explain disease with demons

These are things that were at the time beyond the learning of man so they invented reasons for them, we call this religion

I would suggest that religion started with shaman and witch doctors who Had direct contact and revelation from God.

God is real and would have to "come out" sometime.
Remember too that much of the Bible is writen by those who were "in the spirit" when inspired to write.
I call mental telepathy "in the spirit".
This was a factor in my own conversion.
Without it I doubt that I would be here or in any forum.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:27 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Why has god not walked among us in 2000 years? IF he loves us all and wants us all to be with him, and since Heaven is infinite (Meaning its not full) Show up ata kegger smoke a joint and we shall repent.
markx15

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:47 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:

Stange how all religions are founded on ignorance, yet literally billions all over the world adhere to strict protocol that "clearly" defines the morals and virtues that "God" considers important for us to have and demonstrate. Acts are not evil nor are they good, they are sustainable or insustainable for life. It is pretty easy to define the morals we should live by, anything we would not want done to ourselves we should not do to others. Many "prophets" have said this over the course of time, but we ignore it, and we live by values considerd important hundreds of years ago, unless I am mistaken that is the defintion for outdated, that which is not aplicable today. Any act that cannot be practiced by the entirety of the population should not be done by anyone, for example if everyone began to kill, soon we would be extinct, if everyone began to steal, soon we would start to kill, and then we would become extinct, and so on...

Quote:
Why has god not walked among us in 2000 years? IF he loves us all and wants us all to be with him, and since Heaven is infinite (Meaning its not full) Show up ata kegger smoke a joint and we shall repent.

Maybe he has not come as a man, because we are now sensitive enough to percieve the truth through diferent means.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:49 pm
@markx15,
markx15;21070 wrote:
Stange how all religions are founded on ignorance, yet literally billions all over the world adhere to strict protocol that "clearly" defines the morals and virtues that "God" considers important for us to have and demonstrate. Acts are not evil nor are they good, they are sustainable or insustainable for life. It is pretty easy to define the morals we should live by, anything we would not want done to ourselves we should not do to others. Many "prophets" have said this over the course of time, but we ignore it, and we live by values considerd important hundreds of years ago, unless I am mistaken that is the defintion for outdated, that which is not aplicable today. Any act that cannot be practiced by the entirety of the population should not be done by anyone, for example if everyone began to kill, soon we would be extinct, if everyone began to steal, soon we would start to kill, and then we would become extinct, and so on...

Maybe he has not come as a man, because we are now sensitive enough to percieve the truth through diferent means.

Apparently not eh?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:52 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Come on man, can you tell me that from your own mind you cannot glean what is worthwile and what is not? We have come a long way in terms of reasoning.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:54 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
yet over half of the united staste population goes against reason when it comes to god.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 07:57 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Isn't that a definition for ignorance? To go against reason?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 08:19 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
That would be a fair statement
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 11:27 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20689 wrote:
I do not believe the flood story because it makes no sence.

Evil was not eliminated by it.
It shows a cruel God that kill children by the thousands.
If omniscient then He would have known of His failure.
If a reboot was necessary then He would have done it in the beginning when there was only two to kill.

So for those who believe in the flood, what did it accomplish?

Regards
DL

The reason for the flood was to rid the world of beast like humans that were not fully human anymore. Early on fallen angels took wives and their children became half human half beast. They also became giants. There is some evidence today that points to this. If God did not destroy them we would not be here today, and I'm sure the world would of been a far different place.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:31 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;21102 wrote:
The reason for the flood was to rid the world of beast like humans that were not fully human anymore. Early on fallen angels took wives and their children became half human half beast. They also became giants. There is some evidence today that points to this. If God did not destroy them we would not be here today, and I'm sure the world would of been a far different place.

Why did the reboot fail?
Is God a loser? How many reboots are required?

Regards
DL
STNGfan

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:44 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;21102 wrote:

any fossil records??
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 07:06 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
IT was acid rain. Angels fart excessive methane gas which broke down the original ozone layer causeing global thermal meltdown the caps froze flooding everything with acid rain, thus NO fossils would be left.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:14 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;21118 wrote:
Why did the reboot fail?
Is God a loser? How many reboots are required?

Regards
DL

It was never God that failed, it was His creation. His creation both angle and man was given by God free will to choose to do good or evil. Both man and fall angles alike both took their free will and then opposed God. God did not create robots but beings that can still choose to do good or evil. God will never be a loser and those who choose God first will never be losers. The losers will be those who choose to oppose God.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2007 09:52 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;21056 wrote:

The Bible tells you that before Christ would return the Jews would have to return to Israel retake Jerusalem and be invaded by the armies of the world, there are vast prophecies that must be fulfilled before Christ returns and yet He will return and we can see these prophecies coming to pass. I as a Christian have had many encounters with God and I know others would have this kind of relationship with Him if they wanted it. The problem is, most people do not reach out to God, they spend more of their time putting Him down or just ignoring Him.