The flood accomplised what?

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 11:52 am
@Greatest I am cv,
I think rugonnacry's just being an idiot, probably for fun.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 06:36 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;25080 wrote:
Bill Clinton woke up one morning after being elected President and told his wife, well lets slash the intelligence budget and force all the senior members of the CIA to quit, and lets see what happens after 8 years. Oh 911.

Slick Willy woke up one morning, in his basement bachelor-pad in the White House, and told the maid sleeping next to him, "Better get going. The President will want her coffee first thing this morning. Make sure you brush your teeth real good before you leave. And don't tell anybody about last night." :pimp:
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:45 pm
@Reagaknight,
Campbell34

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 01:52 am
@mako cv,
mako;29524 wrote:

If we could only write off the Bible stories that easy. There are lots of stories in the Bible, like the Red sea crossing which describes Pharoah trying to slaughter the Children of Israel with his army. In the story God turns the table on Pharoah, and it is Pharoahs army that gets slaughtered. Now that story is just as unlikely as the flood, yet they have now discovered the very place where this actually happened, and have found the coral encrusted remains of his army. The Bible talks about this place being marked by pillers, and they found the pillers and below the water they found the army. Also they have found extra Biblical writings carved in stone that support the Biblical account.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;31039 wrote:
If we could only write off the Bible stories that easy. There are lots of stories in the Bible, like the Red sea crossing which describes Pharoah trying to slaughter the Children of Israel with his army. In the story God turns the table on Pharoah, and it is Pharoahs army that gets slaughtered. Now that story is just as unlikely as the flood, yet they have now discovered the very place where this actually happened, and have found the coral encrusted remains of his army. The Bible talks about this place being marked by pillers, and they found the pillers and below the water they found the army. Also they have found extra Biblical writings carved in stone that support the Biblical account.

Where is the evidence of this located? What is your source and pictures?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:43 am
@Greatest I am cv,
If this had been found the media would be all over it, especiall FOX network since they are in the back pockets of the Fundie christians.

Me thinks that you are on the trail of Atlantis, and The Fountain of youth (Which to the best of my knowledge the key to the fountain of youth, lies under the Sphinx's right foot in egypt ) No i am not making that up there is a small belief that their is something there.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:57 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;31086 wrote:
If this had been found the media would be all over it, especiall FOX network since they are in the back pockets of the Fundie christians.

Me thinks that you are on the trail of Atlantis, and The Fountain of youth (Which to the best of my knowledge the key to the fountain of youth, lies under the Sphinx's right foot in egypt ) No i am not making that up there is a small belief that their is something there.

Yes the news hounds would be chewing on any such discovery.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 02:12 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;25259 wrote:
I think rugonnacry's just being an idiot, probably for fun.

OH NO i have been found out
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 02:33 pm
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
yet they have now discovered the very place where this actually happened, and have found the coral encrusted remains of his army.
Quote:
The Bible talks about this place being marked by pillers, and they found the pillers and below the water they found the army. Also they have found extra Biblical writings carved in stone that support the Biblical account.
westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 02:52 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Okay Mako... explain the Grand Canyon.... You know what I'm getting at.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:27 pm
@Reagaknight,
It sure wasn't formed by a great flood...google it using unbiased websites and you will see that we don't need a magical guy in the sky to explain it, just good old fashioned geological activity over many millions of years. In fact a flood would not distribute things (fossils, various types of minerals) in the way that they are found in the Grand Canyon, but geological activity would. :patriot:
westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 04:04 pm
@mako cv,
mako;31150 wrote:
It sure wasn't formed by a great flood...google it using unbiased websites and you will see that we don't need a magical guy in the sky to explain it, just good old fashioned geological activity over many millions of years. In fact a flood would not distribute things (fossils, various types of minerals) in the way that they are found in the Grand Canyon, but geological activity would. :patriot:

But don't they claim some 250 million year old stuff on top and 100 million year old stuff in the middle? Also, what caused it? Where's the delta?

Isn't the land throughout the earth made up of mostly sedimentary rock? Wasn't that type of rock formed in and under water. Aren't there great caverns of underground waters that go hundreds of miles deep? Wasn't the polar ice cap once three times larger?

What about the large deposits of bones found in, I think Nebraska, can't remember for sure? Bones of animals that normally wouldn't "huddle" together.

Hey, I'm no geologist or even a college grad, just barely a hs grad but why are we so hung up on believing scientists that claim that something is millions of years old when they can't really even prove it's no more than a few hundreds of years? Yeah, I know about carbon dating but when will they change their minds about that?

We are all so into proving the theory of evolution but I have another twist for you... What if monkey came from man???

I watched a man walking the other day and he honestly walked like a monkey and was so dang hairy and my husband said, "Well, that guy proves evolution!" As I watched him I thought, hmmmmmm, maybe, but what if..........
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:16 pm
@mako cv,
mako;31134 wrote:

Well maybe your still living back in the 90s but time has moved on and others have researched some of these claims and have found the Red Sea crossing claim to be true. As of recent times Dr. Lennart Moller who is a Swedish DNA resercher from Karolinska Institute in Stockholm and other scientist have gone to the Red Sea crossing site. Moller who authored the book "The Exodus Case" has been on a 10-year study, even looking into claims of ancient Egyptian chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea, but notes the claims of chariot wheels are just the beginning. There are much more sensational finds on land, "he said. Moller also believes they have located the real Mt. Sinai. The mountain is in Saudi Arabia and that government has fenced off the site and will not allow any one from the west to see it. It is believed by some that the Islamics do not want their country turned into a place where Christians and Jews would desire to come. So they discourge anyone from the west to investigate these claims. Two Americans did sneek in and took pictures of this site and found all of the reference points the Bible described.
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:36 am
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
Moller who authored the book "The Exodus Case" has been on a 10-year study, even looking into claims of ancient Egyptian chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea
Quote:
Moller also believes they have located the real Mt. Sinai. The mountain is in Saudi Arabia and that government has fenced off the site and will not allow any one from the west to see it.
Quote:
It is believed by some that the Islamics do not want their country turned into a place where Christians and Jews would desire to come. So they discourge anyone from the west to investigate these claims
Quote:
Two Americans did sneek in and took pictures of this site and found all of the reference points the Bible described.

Names of the Americans, copies of the pictures, verification that these photos are actually of the area and not photoshopped and depositions from the Americans that they actually took the photos at that time and place, else the statement is mere hearsay. :patriot:
mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
But don't they claim some 250 million year old stuff on top and 100 million year old stuff in the middle? Also, what caused it? Where's the delta?

I am not certain what layers you are referring to (remember, I am a historian, not a geologist), but I could find nothing, other than on Creationist websites, about older layers overlaying younger layers. It could be explained by the fact that geological strata are not always found to be in a neat chronological order. Wind and water erode strata and some areas are uplifted or even tilted by various geological activities. These processes result in what is called geological unconformities Also, in sedimentary rocks, it is common for gravel from an older formation to be ripped up and be included in a newer layer, this is called the principles of inclusions and components.
Quote:
Isn't the land throughout the earth made up of mostly sedimentary rock? Wasn't that type of rock formed in and under water.
Quote:
Aren't there great caverns of underground waters that go hundreds of miles deep?
Quote:
Wasn't the polar ice cap once three times larger?

During the most recent Ice Age (ended around 40,000 years ago) it was probably that large or larger, since all of Europe, Most of Asia and North America were buried under ice a mile or more thick.
Quote:
What about the large deposits of bones found in, I think Nebraska, can't remember for sure? Bones of animals that normally wouldn't "huddle" together.
Quote:
Hey, I'm no geologist or even a college grad, just barely a hs grad
Quote:
but why are we so hung up on believing scientists that claim that something is millions of years old when they can't really even prove it's no more than a few hundreds of years?
Quote:
Yeah, I know about carbon dating but when will they change their minds about that?
Quote:
We are all so into proving the theory of evolution but I have another twist for you... What if monkey came from man???

I watched a man walking the other day and he honestly walked like a monkey and was so dang hairy and my husband said, "Well, that guy proves evolution!" As I watched him I thought, hmmmmmm, maybe, but what if..........
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:18 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Mako,

I just can't debate you. I'm drowning......
mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:27 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;31384 wrote:
Mako,

I just can't debate you. I'm drowning......

Yes you can...just take a deep breath, sit back compose your thoughts and google til the cows come in. I have had much more experience at this and am willing to be patient and even teach you how to rebute even "meanies" like me. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, but just a word of advice, never use Creationist websites as evidence, they are much too easy to rebutt. If you can use "hard science" sites or unbiased historical sites..even the best scholar has weak areas to exploit. Stoicism teaches that the goal in life is knowledge and we acquire knowledge through our senses (hearing, eyes, touch). It also teaches that ethics and morals come through knowledge, so hang in there Ma'am, you will learn and prosper, you have already shown that you aren't afraid to think or learn. - Mako :patriot:
westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:48 pm
@mako cv,
mako;31385 wrote:
Yes you can...just take a deep breath, sit back compose your thoughts and google til the cows come in. I have had much more experience at this and am willing to be patient and even teach you how to rebute even "meanies" like me. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, but just a word of advice, never use Creationist websites as evidence, they are much too easy to rebutt. If you can use "hard science" sites or unbiased historical sites..even the best scholar has weak areas to exploit. Stoicism teaches that the goal in life is knowledge and we acquire knowledge through our senses (hearing, eyes, touch). It also teaches that ethics and morals come through knowledge, so hang in there Ma'am, you will learn and prosper, you have already shown that you aren't afraid to think or learn. - Mako :patriot:

I haven't really used any creationist websites. I probably should google more... I just try to debate from personal experience, memory, and sometimes the History Channel! google on........
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:57 pm
@Reagaknight,
Quote:
I haven't really used any creationist websites.

Good, too many folk use those tainted websites, glad you don't.
Quote:
I just try to debate from personal experience, memory, and sometimes the History Channel!

Be careful of the History Channel (as much as I enjoy it), they are primarily an entertainment channel and will stretch the truth occasionally. I will admit that I have an advantage in that (1) I have a background in historical research (2) I have access to certain libraries and databases that the average person doesn't have (3) I have friends that have backgrounds in archaeology and other areas of history (4) I have massive amounts of books and ebooks.
Quote:
google on........

Agreed...google on, the internet is a good source of information - if you are careful and use multiple sources (especially if you research both sides of a question). Remember the Creator gave you a mind to use, not to store rote phrases and dogma in. :patriot:
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 03:05 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
I see that you have a background in history. Now, with science, don't they often change their minds on different theorys? It seems like eating something is really bad one day and then totally different theory comes out the next.

I remember when I had my babies we started feeding them cereal the day they came from the hospital. Now, it's 6 months!

I'm just saying that they are constantly coming up with new discoveries that change their minds on things.
0 Replies