The flood accomplised what?

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:34 am
I do not believe the flood story because it makes no sence.

Evil was not eliminated by it.
It shows a cruel God that kill children by the thousands.
If omniscient then He would have known of His failure.
If a reboot was necessary then He would have done it in the beginning when there was only two to kill.

So for those who believe in the flood, what did it accomplish?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,784 • Replies: 165
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 09:09 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
A fresh start.
STNGfan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 09:15 am
@Greatest I am cv,
what most Christians do not realize is that the flood was not to wipe out humanity but to rid the world of giants. Have you ever heard of the book of Enoch which was found by the dead sea scrolls. Enoch was Noahs great grandfather.This book was completely eliminated by the church both catholic and others because they claim the author was not inspired by God. However it is a legitimate text. In this book Gods sons...not the half breed Jesus but Gods full blooded sons or angels came down to earth and had sex with human women and took them as wifes. Taught them things like healing powers and herbal medicinal uses things you would call witchcraft today. With mating with the human women and some of the angels mated with animals there were giants created. Remember that an Angel is much bigger than a human.
Do you remember the story about David and Galiath. Galiath was one of these giants.
Anyway the giants began to oppress the humans and this made God angry and so he created the flood to drown them all out of existance and to expel the angels out of heaven for their abomination.
If you would like to learn more please check out this link. It is very very interesting and I find it interesting that people who follow God will not accept this book since it was even found with the deas sea scrolls.
I guess they do not like that Gods sons came down and had sex with people and animals LOL
anything to cover up the truth..
The Book of Enoch

but again how did God not forsee this happening but it did cause the extintion of the Giants. So it was successful.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:38 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;20691 wrote:
A fresh start.

Are we not the same now as we were then?
How many reboots do we need?

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:44 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
have you read the Sumerian texts? There is an "alternate" flood story. Many historians think the Biblical Story was adapted from this
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:51 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;20756 wrote:
have you read the Sumerian texts? There is an "alternate" flood story. Many historians think the Biblical Story was adapted from this

Yes much of the Bible speaks of events that originated elsewhere.
I do not believe it happened because it would just mean another Law broken by the Law maker. I do not think that god would give us such an example.

Regards
DL
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:55 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
no I don't think Wanton Genocide is the mark of a perfect loving being either

The Sumerian text refers to a local politician/ trader who was caught by a massive runoff combined with heavy rainfall which created a more localized flood which lasted about 7 days. He used his trading boat as his "Ark"
Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;20759 wrote:
no I don't think Wanton Genocide is the mark of a perfect loving being either

The Sumerian text refers to a local politician/ trader who was caught by a massive runoff combined with heavy rainfall which created a more localized flood which lasted about 7 days. He used his trading boat as his "Ark"

Yes, so I've heard.

You use the word Perfect in your description of God.

If I say Perfection can only create Perfection, is this true.
Careful.

Regards
DL
Drnaline

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 01:26 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20755 wrote:
Are we not the same now as we were then?
How many reboots do we need?

Regards
DL

From what i understand, we are due for a reboot.
STNGfan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 02:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
and I assume you think God will let you live. LOL
also it looks like with Global warming the world will be flooded again so that means God lied because he said he would never do that again that the earth would burn up on his next judgement.
Hmm far from perfect..guess he didn't plan on humans creating greenhouse gases on a global scale.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 03:01 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;20765 wrote:
From what i understand, we are due for a reboot.

With many that have dated it.
Let us pray.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 04:36 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;20691 wrote:
A fresh start.

What about the evil fish?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:03 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20763 wrote:
If I say Perfection can only create Perfection, is this true.
Careful.

Regards
DL

no

perfect
all powerful
loving

all powerful means he can do anything, perfect mean he'd never commit wrongs agaisnt another, loving tells you why
Volunteer

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:17 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;20689 wrote:
I do not believe the flood story because it makes no sence.

Evil was not eliminated by it.
It shows a cruel God that kill children by the thousands.
If omniscient then He would have known of His failure.
If a reboot was necessary then He would have done it in the beginning when there was only two to kill.

Regards
DL

If you actually read the Bible, you'll find that God removes innocents from corruption and the threat of corruption.

He does not view death as you do. To him, it is not something to be feared. Since it is not the end of a person's life.

He killed those doing evil to stop the evil for a while and allow people who walked with him to have a time of respite. It is a fallen world and it was then.

Are you upset that he killed those who were doing evil all the time and prevented them from having a chance to repent?
rugonnacry

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
According to the bible the only people saved from the flood were noah and his family. SO EVERY OTHER person was evil and eliminated? Damn shows god really did a ood job with mankind eh? Especially since its happening again LOL
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 05:27 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;20843 wrote:
He does not view death as you do. To him, it is not something to be feared. Since it is not the end of a person's life.

No so

it's also the end of any chance they have to turn their life around, God removes their opportunity to turn it around. Thus negating his own plan
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:30 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
It is all hogwash if you follow the bible God has already chosen who will go to heaven and who will not even before we act evil or make a choice. Wheter to try to follow the bible or not your path is already chosen.

So for me..why bother.. if I am going to be doomed might as well have fun while I am here.

Those who want to bend over backwards to please this guy are more than welcome too. I am not going to try because either I am in or not has already been decided. LOL
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 06:56 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Ironically I am about to defend the bible, I shall play Devils Advocate to the bible LMAO

Trekkie, where does it say God has already decided who is going to heaven?

TGhe only script i can recall that would hint at that is Revelations and the 12000 people from each of the 12 houses are going to heaven.

But that is just for Rapture, not for all time.
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2007 07:09 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Yes the Sumarian texts tells of a flood. It also tells of extraterrestrials .
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2007 06:33 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;20837 wrote:
no

perfect
all powerful
loving

all powerful means he can do anything, perfect mean he'd never commit wrongs against another, loving tells you why

So God did not do the flood. Right?

Regards
DL