America's Wars

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:50 am
@lancesorbenson,

Did the poll ask every person living in the US, i don't think so. "66" percent of the American public? No i think it was 66 percent of those polled!
92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19372 wrote:
Did the poll ask every person living in the US, i don't think so. "66" percent of the American public? No i think it was 66 percent of those polled!

Didn't you arue once here aboutt he validity of polls to defend your view? Funny how, they aren't valid unless they support your thoughts.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:04 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19372 wrote:

Are you challenging the accuracy of THIS poll? This isn't exactly a hot-button issue and the polls seem pretty consistent, which means they're probably pretty accurate.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:07 am
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;19381 wrote:
Are you challenging the accuracy of THIS poll? This isn't exactly a hot-button issue and the polls seem pretty consistent, which means they're probably pretty accurate.

I'm sure the poll is accurate for who they polled. Unless they ask every American it is just that, a poll. Pretty accurate isn't good enough.
lancesorbenson

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:13 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;19295 wrote:
Opinions over time have changed, I agree. But, in my opinion, that is a direct result of all the various conspiracy theories that have sprung up over the years and not the facts. All these new takes on what "actually" happened have the effect of breaking down old conclusions in favor of new ones. You chip away at one's faith long enough and sooner or later they begin to question their own values.

Maybe it's the result of people learning more about the assassination than they knew at the time. I like "the effect of breaking down old conclusions in favor of new ones." That's what gave us penicillin, the plane, the automobile, etc..
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:15 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19382 wrote:
I'm sure the poll is accurate for who they polled. Unless they ask every American it is just that, a poll. Pretty accurate isn't good enough.

So are you saying polls are NEVER accurate?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:38 am
@sam2007,
Any poll i've ever seen has a plus or minus margin of error. So if they can't even get there own poll accurate what makes me think it is representative of the entire US?
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:44 am
@sam2007,
I'd suggest you learn a little about polling science. Polls can be very accurate or can be completely manipulated. The margin of error is part of the poll, is always disclosed in legitimate polls, and is usually somewhere between 2 and 5%.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:02 am
@sam2007,
I know all i want to know. You say it yourself "Polls can be very accurate or can be completely manipulated."
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:12 am
@sam2007,
At this point polls don't matter. We are STUCK in Iraq, period. And, a major power-broker in U.S. politics isn't even being addressed by the media, with all its irrelevant polls -- THE ISRAEL LOBBY IN WASHINGTON. Yeah....it's calling many of the shots regarding our commitment to the Iraq War, and we, The People, aren't even aware of that fact. So, polls today literally mean NOTHING.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:20 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19402 wrote:
I know all i want to know.

This says absolutely VOLUMES about you.
0 Replies

sam2007

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 11:32 am
@sam2007,
Did someone here suggest that there was no tree blocking the view to Elm Street from Texas School Book Depository? Every video shot back then shows it, but do I really need to say this? Trees can be cut down.

The Oswald rifle had an absolute min. cocking time of 2.3 seconds, which meant that there couldn't be more than one shot (and that's without aiming) in less than 2.3 seconds, so to justify a shot within 1.6 seconds that hit Connally they came up with the magic bullet theory, but it doesn't explain why it took the bullet 1.6 second to go from Kennedy into Connally.
I Understand

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 12:19 pm
@sam2007,
There are many sources of information regarding the CIA/Contra drug smuggling, including testimony from former CIA and DEA agents, including documents and reports.....Do the research but then again "you know all you want to know".
0 Replies

sam2007

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 12:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Hiiiii
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 03:28 pm
@sam2007,
sam2007;19452 wrote:
Did someone here suggest that there was no tree blocking the view to Elm Street from Texas School Book Depository? Every video shot back then shows it, but do I really need to say this? Trees can be cut down.

The Oswald rifle had an absolute min. cocking time of 2.3 seconds, which meant that there couldn't be more than one shot (and that's without aiming) in less than 2.3 seconds, so to justify a shot within 1.6 seconds that hit the governor, they came up with the magic bullet theory, but it doesn't explain why it took the bullet 1.6 second to go from Kennedy into Connally.

Man, that's nonsense. The shots were a piece of cake for anyone who could handle a rifle, and Oswald was an ex-Marine. I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOOK DEPOSITORY. THE TREE IS STILL THERE, BUT IT DOESN'T OBSCURE FIELDS OF FIRE ONTO ELM STREET. The darned street is directly below the perch from which Oswald fired. I mean directly below it. He could have hit Kennedy with a [SIZE="4"]rock. [/SIZE]
0 Replies