America's Wars

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:44 pm
@sam2007,
The guy's a nut, he lived in Russia, no way anybody's going to work with him, why couldn't he have acted alone.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:46 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;19273 wrote:
The guy's a nut, he lived in Russia, no way anybody's going to work with him, why couldn't he have acted alone.

I m not a school for thought, if you want to know, research it yourself, but the information is out there. You have to decide whether you take it for what it is, or what someone wants you to think it is.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:48 pm
@sam2007,
I researched as much stuff as I want to hear, I don't care how many people had motives, I think Oswald acted alone.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 02:49 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;19278 wrote:
I researched as much stuff as I want to hear, I don't care how many people had motives, I think Oswald acted alone.

Good for you, a large portion of people do not.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:11 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19200 wrote:
I'm using your own words. How am i changing the subject, i'm quoting you directly? That and i'd like an answer ever now and then. IN a court of law they would ask if there was a shadow of a doubt, would you consider there to be?

If Oswald had actually made it to court--instead of being conveniently gunned down by a mobster in front of a hundred or so cops, for instance--I don't see that anyone presented with the evidence could conclude he acted alone "beyond a reasonable doubt."
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:39 pm
@sam2007,
Curmy and I are probably the only men on this site that were actually around when this occurred on 22 NOV 63. I remember well the events of that week like they were yesterday. Believe me or not, but there was no rush to judgment here. The Warren Commission collected thousands of pieces of evidence and interviewed hundreds of witnesses. To the vast majority of us that lived through it, Oswald was clearly the guilty one, no one else.
lancesorbenson

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 03:49 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;19291 wrote:
Curmy and I are probably the only men on this site that were actually around when this occurred on 22 NOV 63. I remember well the events of that week like they were yesterday. Believe me or not, but there was no rush to judgment here. The Warren Commission collected thousands of pieces of evidence and interviewed hundreds of witnesses. To the vast majority of us that lived through it, Oswald was clearly the guilty one, no one else.

The vast majority of Americans as a whole would disagree. As long as we're making appeals to popular belief, roughly 7 in 10 Americans suspect a conspiracy, with about 20% believing the Warren Commission's conclusion.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:03 pm
@sam2007,
Opinions over time have changed, I agree. But, in my opinion, that is a direct result of all the various conspiracy theories that have sprung up over the years and not the facts. All these new takes on what "actually" happened have the effect of breaking down old conclusions in favor of new ones. You chip away at one's faith long enough and sooner or later they begin to question their own values.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:47 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;19287 wrote:
If Oswald had actually made it to court--instead of being conveniently gunned down by a mobster in front of a hundred or so cops, for instance--I don't see that anyone presented with the evidence could conclude he acted alone "beyond a reasonable doubt."

I guess we will never know.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 04:49 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;19293 wrote:
The vast majority of Americans as a whole would disagree. As long as we're making appeals to popular belief, roughly 7 in 10 Americans suspect a conspiracy, with about 20% believing the Warren Commission's conclusion.
Got link?
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:01 pm
@sam2007,
Thanks for pointing that out Dr
Larry the Cable Guy says that 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:05 pm
@sam2007,
In the case of lance and 92 i think the percentage goes way up, LOL.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:10 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19310 wrote:
In the case of lance and 92 i think the percentage goes way up, LOL.

Considering all your opinions are presented as nothing more, and when you are confronted with facts, you change the subject, or just stop responding, your comment lacks any credibility whatsoever.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:16 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19313 wrote:
Considering all your opinions are presented as nothing more, and when you are confronted with facts, you change the subject, or just stop responding, your comment lacks any credibility whatsoever.
Lap number eight is in the books, only 492 laps to go. I'll be hear, will you?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:31 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19318 wrote:
Lap number eight is in the books, only 492 laps to go. I'll be hear, will you?

You do realize you look like a complete idiot everytime you repeat that right? Talk about "laps"
Drnaline

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:35 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19322 wrote:
You do realize you look like a complete idiot everytime you repeat that right? Talk about "laps"
I'm not the one repeating, you are. Every time i do it the count goes up, see it's at eight now.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 05:52 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19323 wrote:
I'm not the one repeating, you are. Every time i do it the count goes up, see it's at eight now.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2286/dipshitwt9.png
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 08:12 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19248 wrote:
So...you didn't stand exactly where he shot from.

No....one floor up. But the ceiling height in the Book Depository isn't that high -- no more than ten feet. It was almost exactly the same angle, just a little higher. Even then, the tree you're referring to wasn't an issue. On the sixth floor, from which Oswald took the shots, the tree would have been even less of an issue because of the decrease in angle to the target. You have to go there to see all this for yourself. The short distances will surprise you.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19302 wrote:
Got link?

FOXNews.com - Poll: Most Believe 'Cover-Up' of JFK Assassination Facts - Polls | AP Polls | Gallup Poll | Opinion Polls

ABCNEWS.com : Poll: Lingering Suspicion Over JFK Assassination
Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:44 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19326 wrote:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2286/dipshitwt9.png

Lap nine is in the books.
0 Replies