92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18385 wrote:
None interventionist babble will get you killed. Doubt me, ask any extreme muslim. If you get to the end of the question you seek before they kill you, i would be surprised, you?

lol, I can think of 2819 people that would disagree that our interventions have done nothing to secure our nation. This of course isn't including the 6dead from the 93 attack. You might as well play the state lottery if you think you have a good chance of dying in a terrorist attack.

Quote:
You know what, now that i think about it, all this stuff has already happened. What do you propose we do in Iraq?

No, what do YOU think we should do in Iraq?

Quote:
i'm signed on for the long hall, when did you jump ship?

What? A real comfy computer chair?

Quote:
Why do you think we established bases in Germany and Japan on a permenant type basis?

Lol, there you go again, try to imply that there is some correlation between what happened in WWII and the middle east. Of course, if you'd like to draw some relevent similarities between Germany/Japan, and WWII, and Iraq I'd LOVE to hear them.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 10:42 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18386 wrote:
lol, I can think of 2819 people that would disagree that our interventions have done nothing to secure our nation. This of course isn't including the 6dead from the 93 attack. You might as well play the state lottery if you think you have a good chance of dying in a terrorist attack.

Lol, there you go again, try to imply that there is some correlation between what happened in WWII and the middle east. Of course, if you'd like to draw some relevent similarities between Germany/Japan, and WWII, and Iraq I'd LOVE to hear them.
Quote:
lol, I can think of 2819 people that would disagree that our interventions have done nothing to secure our nation.
And who would those 2819 people be? Can they speak for themselves or are you speaking for them?
Quote:
This of course isn't including the 6dead from the 93 attack.
So what is there opinion on the matter?
Quote:
You might as well play the state lottery if you think you have a good chance of dying in a terrorist attack.
I like those kinda odds and i plan to keep them there. Come hell or high water.
Quote:
Exactly what we are doing, you?
Quote:
Where are you sitting, some where special maybe? You wouldn't be on the clock while your enjoying this new found social life would you? They pay you to talk on the internet?
Does your boss hold the same opinion?
Quote:
Would this be anything like hearing your correlations between Iraq and Vietnam?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 11:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18389 wrote:
And who would those 2819 people be? Can they speak for themselves or are you speaking for them?

No, they are all dead from terrorist attacks on American soil.

Quote:
So what is there opinion on the matter?

I would imagine that if they were still alive, and hadn't been killed by terrorist, they would tell you that America maybe should have rethought some of its foreign policies.

Quote:
Exactly what we are doing, you?

Nice dance around the question.

Quote:
Where are you sitting, some where special maybe? You wouldn't be on the clock while your enjoying this new found social life would you? They pay you to talk on the internet?
Does your boss hold the same opinion?

Nope, I am at home in my chair, done my time...you?

Quote:
Would this be anything like hearing your correlations between Iraq and Vietnam?

I've never made a correlation between the two, other than asking if America were cowards for withdrawing.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 11:28 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18394 wrote:

I would imagine that if they were still alive, and hadn't been killed by terrorist, they would tell you that America maybe should have rethought some of its foreign policies.

I've never made a correlation between the two, other than asking if America were cowards for withdrawing.
Quote:
So to answer the question, yes, you are speaking for them.
Quote:
Got anything that backs up your theory?
Quote:
Right back at you.
Quote:
You retired? Me, semi. At 42 not too bad, you?
Quote:
What would your answer be for the same question conserning Iraq, cowards or no? Probably something new you won't wanna answer?
92b16vx

Reply Tue 29 May, 2007 11:53 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18396 wrote:
So to answer the question, yes, you are speaking for them.

Suggesting that they would disagree with you about America being secure from terrorist is not speaking for them, but you haven't come across as have good comprehension, so we can't hold that against you.

Quote:
Got anything that backs up your theory?

It's not a theory, they are dead from terrorist attacks.

Quote:
Right back at you.

I think we should have gone after actual terrorist countries, and terrorist sponsors instead of Iraq. I was, and still am all for war in Afghanistan. It would be smart to actually hit them where they are, not where it would have been convienent if they had been.

Quote:
You retired? Me, semi. At 42 not too bad, you?

Retired nope, still working. As a matter of fact, I would have stayed in the Amry if I had thought it wasn't being used as a political tool in Iraq.

Quote:
What would your answer be for the same question conserning Iraq, cowards or no? Probably something new you won't wanna answer?

Smart soldiers know when to fight, and when not to. Unfortunately, not too many politicians listened to their military advisors. As a matter of fact, they even swept some under the rug when they voice dissent about Iraq.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 08:00 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18399 wrote:
Suggesting that they would disagree with you about America being secure from terrorist is not speaking for them, but you haven't come across as have good comprehension, so we can't hold that against you.

I think we should have gone after actual terrorist countries, and terrorist sponsors instead of Iraq. I was, and still am all for war in Afghanistan. It would be smart to actually hit them where they are, not where it would have been convienent if they had been.

Retired nope, still working. As a matter of fact, I would have stayed in the Amry if I had thought it wasn't being used as a political tool in Iraq.

Smart soldiers know when to fight, and when not to. Unfortunately, not too many politicians listened to their military advisors. As a matter of fact, they even swept some under the rug when they voice dissent about Iraq.
Quote:
What do you have to base this suggestion on? Oh a bunch of dead people who cannot corelate your theory, hmm? Being you won't answer, can you ask them if we have seen a terrorist attack in the US since they died on 9/11?
Quote:
The theory that they agree with you and disagree with me? You know the thing you suggested?
Quote:
I think we should have gone after actual terrorist countries, and terrorist sponsors instead of Iraq.
And those countrys would be?
Quote:
I was, and still am all for war in Afghanistan.
That is surprising, what i the difference between the two?
Quote:
Why would you think a soldier in our armed forces is or was not to be used as a political tool. Has there ever been a soldier that wasn't a tool, i mean that is why they call them GI's right, government issue? Got a serial number and everything.
Quote:
Smart soldiers know when to fight, and when not to.
Who determines that, the smart soldier or his commander and chief? Sounds like you were all for breaking rank? Ever think of deserting?
Quote:
Unfortunately, not too many politicians listened to their military advisors.
Military advisors are asked for opinions not orders.
Quote:
As a matter of fact, they even swept some under the rug when they voice dissent about Iraq.
You mean the ones that waited till the retired before the voiced said decent, what conviction to the cause, me thinks it would mean more if they would of said something when they themselves had something to loose. Would yuo find that a fair camparison for yourself as well?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 11:03 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18414 wrote:

And those countrys would be?That is surprising, what i the difference between the two?

I've already listed a few of them many times here, not going to do it again because you can't remember, all I can say is, if you think Iraq was the hotbed of terrorist activity, you are delusional, and definitely not worth talking too on this issue. A good piece of suggested reading would be www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf It has a pretty good outline of events, where Bin Ladens support, and where our biggest threats came from. And even though several attempts were made to get Iraq to help sponsor him, it never fully unfolded, unlike many other countries in the region. We also knew well in advance that Bin Laden had declared a jihad against America, did we do anything to stop it? Apparently not. I am fully pro war, but the war has to be real. If we are going to send our soldiers to die, it needs to be 100% for the protection of America.
0 Replies

lancesorbenson

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18385 wrote:
How many people do you think one soldier needs for support?
None interventionist babble will get you killed. Doubt me, ask any extreme muslim. If you get to the end of the question you seek before they kill you, i would be surprised, you?

You seem to not really understand the concept of non-interventionist foreign policy. The founding fathers sought to avoid "foreign entanglements" and I think we'd do well to heed that advice. On the other hand, you sound like you have a deep, studied understanding of "extreme muslim." Where did you get this incredible insight? The television?

Quote:
Maybe form a self elected government, how bout maybe forming and Iraqi Constitution. If they drew one up maybe the people could vote and ratify it?

Hmmm. Impose a "democratic republic" on a foreign land with positively no tradition of such a notion and no visible evidence of a desire to follow the ideals of the West...hasn't been working out too well.

Quote:
i'm signed on for the long hall, when did you jump ship? Why do you think we established bases in Germany and Japan on a permenant type basis?

In what way are you signed on for the long "hall"? Are you honestly comparing Germany/Japan with Iraq and the rest of the middle east? Do you have any historical evidence--social, cultural, economic patterns for example--to support such a comparison?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:25 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;18463 wrote:
Hmmm. Impose a "democratic republic" on a foreign land with positively no tradition of such a notion and no visible evidence of a desire to follow the ideals of the West...hasn't been working out too well.

But don't you know, the extremist muslims, and all the others in the middle east that historically, and presently, reject our principles and morals and way of life, are going to magically just fall in line to our style of government and give up all their malcontent for western cilvilization, Bush said so.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:35 pm
@sam2007,
Terrorist Islam is NOT the product of American foreign policy. It is the product of barbarism.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 03:59 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;18465 wrote:
Terrorist Islam is NOT the product of American foreign policy. It is the product of barbarism.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that terrorism is a product of American foreign policy, only that the attacks on America, and the general consensus that muslims, especially of the extremist bred hate us because of our foreign policy. Of course, you can not define terrorism solely by the middle east, and it's use by muslim extremist. It has been used for centuries, all the way from back in the day of impaling bodies of enemies on poles to strike fear into those that would fight you, all the way to flying planes into buildings.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:11 pm
@lancesorbenson,
lancesorbenson;18463 wrote:
You seem to not really understand the concept of non-interventionist foreign policy. The founding fathers sought to avoid "foreign entanglements" and I think we'd do well to heed that advice. On the other hand, you sound like you have a deep, studied understanding of "extreme muslim." Where did you get this incredible insight? The television?

In what way are you signed on for the long "hall"? Are you honestly comparing Germany/Japan with Iraq and the rest of the middle east? Do you have any historical evidence--social, cultural, economic patterns for example--to support such a comparison?
Quote:
I understand the concept well, show me where in the Constitution is states so? I get my insight from the internet, very handy medium for such things.
Quote:
Seventy percent plus turnout sound like imposing to you?
Quote:
In what way are you signed on for the long "hall"?
Support, probably something you claim to do?
Quote:
Are you honestly comparing Germany/Japan with Iraq and the rest of the middle east?
Can you compare Iraq to vietnam?
Quote:
Do you have any historical evidence--social, cultural, economic patterns for example--to support such a comparison?
Sure do!
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18512 wrote:
Sure do!

Oh, please share them.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:28 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18464 wrote:
But don't you know, the extremist muslims, and all the others in the middle east that historically, and presently, reject our principles and morals and way of life, are going to magically just fall in line to our style of government and give up all their malcontent for western cilvilization, Bush said so.
Yeah, and if we leave they will never bother us again!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:29 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18516 wrote:
Oh, please share them.
You first? Which question you gonna answer?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:40 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18518 wrote:
You first? Which question you gonna answer?

No, we want to hear the cultural, social, and economic similarities between the Germans, and Iraqis that makes comparing our occupations of said countries valid.

As far as what's going to happen if we leave...well, they might fly a plane into a building and kill a bunc...oh wait sorry, they did that already. Oh wait no, Iraq didn't do that, silly me.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:43 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18520 wrote:
No, we want to hear the cultural, social, and economic similarities between the Germans, and Iraqis that makes comparing our occupations of said countries valid.

As far as what's going to happen if we leave...well, they might fly a plane into a building and kill a bunc...oh wait sorry, they did that already. Oh wait no, Iraq didn't do that, silly me.

I don't care what you wanna hear, sound familiar? Put up or shut up.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:52 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;18521 wrote:
I don't care what you wanna hear, sound familiar? Put up or shut up.

Technically, I didn't ask the question, I just repeated the request. But it's ok, because I already know the answer. You can't compare them, or the situation. It isn't even apples and oranges, it's apples and DVD covers.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:53 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;18523 wrote:
Technically, I didn't ask the question, I just repeated the request.

Funny, my answer didn't change?
On a second note where did i say you asked a question?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 30 May, 2007 09:58 pm
@sam2007,
"it's apples and DVD covers" as to oil and liberation.