Man Arrested for Flushing Muslim Holy Book

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:02 am
Jihad Watch: Man arrested for hate crime for Qur'an desecration

So where's the arrests in flag burning, or when MM rips up Bibles on stage? I can't even belive this happened? Where's his freedom of expression.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,948 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 05:11 pm
@Silverchild79,
I don't see this getting very far.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 11:43 pm
@Silverchild79,
I wiped my ass with pages from a qur'an in Iraq when we rolled into Fallujah.
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 12:54 am
@Silverchild79,
Doncha know the same rules don't apply?
Our liberties may be restricted in order to protect others, but I don't think it is a level playing field.
0 Replies

politically-wrong

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:10 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;28597 wrote:
Jihad Watch: Man arrested for hate crime for Qur'an desecration

So where's the arrests in flag burning, or when MM rips up Bibles on stage? I can't even belive this happened? Where's his freedom of expression.

well i dont think people should get arrested for burning a flag(even if it was my country's) , but if any one publicly tore a Holy book (regardless of which one is it) he should be sentenced to jail, what do u mean by MM? Muslim Men ? , u know freedom of expression does not give anyone (atleast it shouldnot) the right to do what that man did, iam sure u wouldnot like it if those MM were left alone (like what actually happened) because of freedom of expression !! , finally i wouldnot allow any one whom i had control over to tear up a holybook, u shouldnot either.
politically-wrong

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:29 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;28689 wrote:
I wiped my ass with pages from a qur'an in Iraq when we rolled into Fallujah.

as Drnaline would say, TYPICAL!!
Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 07:27 am
@Silverchild79,
Sorry bud, the quran is just a manmade book, just like ours. Devine it is not. So tell me political, should you be arrested if you desecrate our bible?
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:08 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28709 wrote:
well i dont think people should get arrested for burning a flag(even if it was my country's) , but if any one publicly tore a Holy book (regardless of which one is it) he should be sentenced to jail, what do u mean by MM? Muslim Men ?

MM is Marylin Manson, the rocksinger

and you're forgetting seperation of church and state, I can prop up a coffee table with the Tibetian Book of the Dead if I feel like it, this is America

and to some what that flag stands for is a walk of faith
92b16vx

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:25 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28711 wrote:
as Drnaline would say, TYPICAL!!

I care very little for religion, and even less to none for islam and the qu'ran.
socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:39 am
@Silverchild79,
As far as I am concerned, they should put a copy over the faces of each of the radicals and fire a mag through it.
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:34 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;28719 wrote:
Sorry bud, the quran is just a manmade book, just like ours. Devine it is not. So tell me political, should you be arrested if you desecrate our bible?

Tell me Drnaline do u think a person should be arrested if he insulted u publicly? if u think so then dont u think that insulting 1.2 billion christians (by tearing their holy book) or 1 billion muslims is a bigger crime?
not only arrested and sentenced to jail , but this kind of junk people shouldnot have the right to vote or decide anything that has to do with public life, they are unfit to judge anything, and yes take me to jail and throw away the key if i ever disecrated ur holybook( pardon me but i do think Quraan is devine) and that beliefe should matter to u and every one because we are all human beings , every one is got something that would hurt him if disecrated, and when u say that he should be allowed his freedom of expression by tearing my holybook (iam going to defend the bible if u r not going to) then u should remember that i have the right to be protected the right to practice my religion in peace and the right NOT TO BE INSULTED.
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:39 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;28728 wrote:
I care very little for religion, and even less to none for islam and the qu'ran.

Then care for a human being, a peacefull one , with no intentions of learning how to fly a plane, and who loves american action movies, and who happens to be a muslim, and am not talking about me, but the majority of one billion people,(remember that the next time u see the Quraan, which is considered to be sacred by the majority i talked about).

P.S. IF ANY ONE TOLD U THAT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN A HOLYBOOK TO RESPECT IT, HE WAS WRONG, YOU ONLY HAVE TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING CALLED HUMANITY, EVER HEARD ABOUT IT?
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:44 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;28764 wrote:
As far as I am concerned, they should put a copy over the faces of each of the radicals and fire a mag through it.

WELL ARE NOT WE LUCKY U R NOT CONCERNED, u can shoot the b******ds for all i care(hell i would gladly do the shooting), only leave the Quraan out of it.
politically-wrong

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:49 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;28725 wrote:
MM is Marylin Manson, the rocksinger

and you're forgetting seperation of church and state, I can prop up a coffee table with the Tibetian Book of the Dead if I feel like it, this is America

and to some what that flag stands for is a walk of faith

so its ok to insult (how many Tibetians are there?) , but not ok to insult americans by burning their flag, IS THAT IT? is that the way american democracy works? man it is AMERICAN all right all it cares for is americans!!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:30 am
@Silverchild79,
it's freedom of Religion, I'm not proping up my coffee table with their copy of the book so it's not offensive

and flag burning offends me, but tons of American's don't care either way. And since there's such a difference of opinion we leave it to personal choice, that's why it isn't illegal

just as flush the Qu'ran shouldn't be illegal

I know this seems odd to you but try to understand, we live in a country where you can by this shirt and wear it in public

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a490/a490.gif

by that standard, how is flushing any book you own illegal? It's biased and that's why his charges will be thrown out, trust me this one isn't getting past a judge.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:10 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28897 wrote:
P.S. IF ANY ONE TOLD U THAT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN A HOLYBOOK TO RESPECT IT, HE WAS WRONG, YOU ONLY HAVE TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING CALLED HUMANITY, EVER HEARD ABOUT IT?

Which is why I reached for the best item at the moment to wipe my butt with. Someone getting mad because I used their "holybook" to clean the ol' bunghole can cry me a river. Maybe if Iraqis used toilet paper instead of their hand this wouldn't have been an issue.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:55 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28898 wrote:
WELL ARE NOT WE LUCKY U R NOT CONCERNED, u can shoot the b******ds for all i care(hell i would gladly do the shooting), only leave the Quraan out of it.

Fair enough - let's just shoot the bastards.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:36 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28896 wrote:
Tell me Drnaline do u think a person should be arrested if he insulted u publicly? if u think so then dont u think that insulting 1.2 billion christians (by tearing their holy book) or 1 billion muslims is a bigger crime?
not only arrested and sentenced to jail , but this kind of junk people shouldnot have the right to vote or decide anything that has to do with public life, they are unfit to judge anything, and yes take me to jail and throw away the key if i ever disecrated ur holybook( pardon me but i do think Quraan is devine) and that beliefe should matter to u and every one because we are all human beings , every one is got something that would hurt him if disecrated, and when u say that he should be allowed his freedom of expression by tearing my holybook (iam going to defend the bible if u r not going to) then u should remember that i have the right to be protected the right to practice my religion in peace and the right NOT TO BE INSULTED.
Quote:
Tell me Drnaline do u think a person should be arrested if he insulted u publicly?
No. I'm a big boy, i can handle myself.
Quote:
if u think so then dont u think that insulting 1.2 billion christians (by tearing their holy book) or 1 billion muslims is a bigger crime?
Nope, no crime was commited.
Quote:
( pardon me but i do think Quraan is devine)
Think it is does not make it so. Maybe in its wisdom but not of it's making. It's made out of materials that are of this earth, sorry.
Quote:
and that beliefe should matter to u and every one because we are all human beings ,
Well if your's is devine then so is mine. If mine is not then yours can't be.
Quote:
and when u say that he should be allowed his freedom of expression by tearing my holybook (iam going to defend the bible if u r not going to) then u should remember that i have the right to be protected
You are protected in this country for that but your book is not. You may own a copy of the Quran but the Quran itself no one owns. If he took your book and did some thing i can see you having a point but if he did what he did with his quran i also believe you have no sayso as to what happens. I can go buy a quran and do with it as i please.
Quote:
the right to practice my religion in peace
Yes you do, in this country. It that so for Christians where you are from?
Quote:
and the right NOT TO BE INSULTED
Nope, sorry. No such thing as that right.
Volunteer

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;28971 wrote:
No. I'm a big boy, i can handle myself.Nope, no crime was commited.Think it is does not make it so. Maybe in its wisdom but not of it's making. It's made out of materials that are of this earth, sorry.Well if your's is devine then so is mine. If mine is not then yours can't be.You are protected in this country for that but your book is not. You may own a copy of the Quran but the Quran itself no one owns. If he took your book and did some thing i can see you having a point but if he did what he did with his quran i also believe you have no sayso as to what happens. I can go buy a quran and do with it as i please.Yes you do, in this country. It that so for Christians where you are from?Nope, sorry. No such thing as that right.

Right on bro!
Red cv

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 04:56 pm
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;28896 wrote:

No you have a right to practice your religion, insults and hurt feelings have nothing to do with Free Speech. It allows anyone to opine their opinion on any subject. Islam is not untouchable it just thinks it is. To arrest someone for flushing a koran down the toilet is the first step in preventing us from Free Speech. Every single democratic loving person should be screaming in the streets that this PC nonsense stops NOW. The koran is not a holy book to me and I can do as I wish with it. I can also insult any religion I choose without fear of violence, can you say the same about Islam?
0 Replies